White Elephant Gift Ideas

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Going to a Xmas party with a stupid white elephant gift thing. Any suggestions for gifts? Budget is like $25. Participants are some friends, acquaintances, and former coworkers.

I might hit up the thrift store for some crazy shit.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
I am attending one as well friday. Literally considering just tossing the last of my blow in a gift bag since everyone will be on it anyway

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
How about a nice book?

Maybe Mondo Freaks: The Original Book of Freaks

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Chinese legos.
I can't disagree. 😂 Problem is, they probably wouldn't get here by Christmas this late in December. There are some nice Christmas themed ones.

Food/drink is a fairly safe choice (no fooking fruitcake though!) Adult coloring books with a package of crayons/markers. A deck of tarot cards with a how-to book.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Something that we clarify at our holiday parties, White Elephant vs Gift exchange. By definition, white elephant gift is very different than a normal office/house party gift exchange. I suggested we drop the name white elephant altogether because we got some really shitty things mixed in.

Even if it is a white elephant, dont bring junk.

Almost all liquor stores have holiday gift sets. That's always a win unless it's an office party.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Every year I give everyone on my team a picture of myself in a nice frame.

If you decide to go this route I’m happy to send you a nice pic of myself. LMK.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Because this is America. But truthfully while I understand the concept of the “white elephant” gift I don’t understand the origin of the name.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I can't disagree. 😂 Problem is, they probably wouldn't get here by Christmas this late in December. There are some nice Christmas themed ones.

Food/drink is a fairly safe choice (no fooking fruitcake though!) Adult coloring books with a package of crayons/markers. A deck of tarot cards with a how-to book.
I would bring them.... Just so someone can steal it from you.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Because this is America. But truthfully while I understand the concept of the “white elephant” gift I don’t understand the origin of the name.
I don't understand the origin of the name "Yankee Swap".

Just imagine if they had Confederate swaps. Ohh wait, they did. It is in the first or second episode of "Roots".

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
When I hear white elephant I think of cocaine. Because there was a restaraunt near me that got closed down years ago for dealing cocaine out the back after business hours and it was called White Elephant.