Who has the longest commute to work?

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Used to live a 5-10 minute walk from work for years, but for the sake of muh wife, we live close to her work and far from mine. Been this way for two years now. Door to door, a little less than an hour.

A year ago, going home one day, I realized I didn't need to go home so early. To quote Supertramp, I took the long way home. And for a year I've been having a great time after work. Every week, go down a new road, a new place, see old things that are new to me, try restaurants I otherwise would never have the chance to, etc.

Turning the long commute home into a way to see the city has been great. Not to sound like some suicidal poofta, but it's been excellent for my mental health.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Audio books are just one example of something a person could also do while driving. There are also podcasts, radio, etc. to entertain yourself with.

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
or masturbate

It’s why Americans all drive automatics

suicidal poofta

That would make a great custom rank.

But being serious for a moment, walking instead of taking the bus or whatever when you have time to do it is a great stress reliever. I try go for walks on my lunch break to break up the occasional monotonous tedium of working at home.

Last edited:

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
Self-driving car is perfect for self-satisfaction.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
Five days a week for 30 years?
this... honestly I already hate losing 1 hour per day, couldn't imagine myself doing that. God bless remote working btw, I rarely need to get to HQ so commuting is rare and I hope it stays that way.

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
I used to commute 90min (at least) to work, that's 3+hrs a day wasted. Nevermind bad weather/accident/aging infrastructure that average at least once a week that extends the commute to 2+hours. The pandemic, in this way, is amazing in the revelation that work can still be done from home just as efficiently (if not more so) than going into an office.

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
Only 15 to 20 minutes for me. Easy peasy. Couldn't do an hour or more each way, don't know how you guys do it.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
I don’t think anybody willfully and happily looks for a long commute...but sometimes you make sacrifices for those that you love.

:cool:

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
I don’t think anybody willfully and happily looks for a long commute...but sometimes you make sacrifices for those that you love.

:cool:

And sometimes you want a bigger house or lower tax bill so you decide it’s worth the drive.

Speaking only for myself…my house is great, my family is great, there’s no place I’d rather be…but *especially* not driving through traffic. I fucking hate driving on crowded highways with road raging fuckeheads. Me living in Michigan may be affecting my feelings on this but drivers here at least are worse every year with the only change being that the “casual shmuck” car is faster than ever raising the stakes ever higher.