Who loves pinball? (moved)

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
I played Ghost Busters and I was just unimpressed by it. The art and theme are awesome, but the play didn't do much for me.

Meanwhile, I've got a Metallica coming next week to go along with my Star Trek. Super excited. Where are you guys buying your pins and at what prices, if NIB?

The_Chosen_One

Buriki One Master
I played Ghost Busters and I was just unimpressed by it. The art and theme are awesome, but the play didn't do much for me.

Meanwhile, I've got a Metallica coming next week to go along with my Star Trek. Super excited. Where are you guys buying your pins and at what prices, if NIB?

Ghostbusters grows on you, I didn't like it at first but have begun to really enjoy it as I play it more. Metallica is a top 5 pin for me, congrats on getting that one

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
I changed the lineup again, grabbed a Spider-Man vault edition which I'm loving right now, and took a road trip to get this Addams. It's decent shape so I'm going to really do a lot to this one to dress it up.
990ac321052a1c1fedd8a5152e4db812.jpg

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
someday i'll find thousands of dollars in my couch cushions and finally own that game. i never get tired of it

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
Some great additions here guys, congrats.

So let's say you had the choice of only one - TOTAN or Attack from Mars Remake - which would you go with and why?

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Played Stern's new Star Wars at the MN State Fair and was pretty impressed.

The_Chosen_One

Buriki One Master
Some great additions here guys, congrats.

So let's say you had the choice of only one - TOTAN or Attack from Mars Remake - which would you go with and why?

Attack no question. TOTAN is fun, but doesn't have the addictive quality like Attack does for me. I like the openness of Attack as well, kinda like a good puzzle game, easy to learn hard to master. Either way, great games

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
Appreciate the responses guys, I had reached the same conclusion.
Here's the current lineup until I decide to rotate one out - but I don't see that happening any time soon.

aBLdm9Q.jpg

glaTqT2.jpg

jvMUdje.jpg

wlfGMY9.jpg

cebYsru.jpg

Last edited:

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
There's a Ghostbusters at a place near me where the Super Jackpot champion is over 2 billion. :eek:

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
Yeah with the multipliers the game can get insane from people I've talked to. I really need to get better at the game, but I enjoy it.

Westcb

Yeah with the multipliers the game can get insane from people I've talked to. I really need to get better at the game, but I enjoy it.

I'm at 4.3 billion as my high score :-) second was 2 billion, but more times then not most games are around 100-200 million until that one game comes along that I get super dialed in.

yzrider926

Edo Express Delivery Guy
How do you like your AFMR? I'm still waiting to hear about my AFMR LE. Hopefully I have it by next month or at least early November.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Here are my two babies. I love both of these games. I used to trade a lot, but now I'm gonna try to just keep pins and never trade.

32f750f462fe33c782530e8706ecdcc3841dc3f1.jpg

Since this pic, I've added a color DMD to the Metallica.

Last edited:

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
I just got back from a trip visiting friends in Arizona. A couple out there I know have both Judge Dredd and Tales from the Crypt. Both pins had the color screen mod, looked pretty bad-ass. I'm horrible at pinball, but it was fun none the less.

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
How do you like your AFMR? I'm still waiting to hear about my AFMR LE. Hopefully I have it by next month or at least early November.

It's super fun, ball times are long, it has great flow, and the "just one more game" factor like no other. I adjusted the flippers a tad, pitch is at 6.6 and reduced the flipper and sling strength a bit and it plays perfect.

Grats on the games Spike!

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
Ended up trading GB towards MMr and finished doing some lighting modification. If I step into this corner of the room, I'm losing at least an hour. Its dangerous.

wzlgOa5.jpg

gtt2TeO.jpg

xIuGISp.jpg

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Thank God for remakes. Now some of us have a snowballs chance in hell at owning those games!

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
Thank God for remakes. Now some of us have a snowballs chance in hell at owning those games!

Yeah no doubt, I have been very happy so far with the quality of these remakes. The move to smaller components and surface mounts is inevitable, so I suppose I'd better get setup for that at some point.
I never had the luck of having these two games anywhere near where I grew up so being able to experience them like this is like a dream come true.

yzrider926

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Very nice. MMR might be by next purchase. Can't wait to finally have my AFMR, hopefully sooner than later.

Are those your only 2 pins? If so how do you feel they compare? I know layout is similar, but theme and code I'm sure set them apart.

Westcb

Did a lot of work to the Adam family, replaced lots of targets did some graphic mods, small lighting effects, rebuilt flippers, changed out all speakers and custom power coated the armor.
a510847b1bbb4053982a31193e672f71.jpg

Also just got a LED Color DMD to try in it. It’s definitely brighter then my LCD color dmd in the spiderman. Viewing angle is amazing but on the LCD you do get those extra visual options so hard to say which I would put in GB when it becomes available but since the LED is the same form factor as a regular DMD I’m guessing I’ll use that so it will sit flush.
eba7f70410a11b17e40c4c454163520b.jpg

Gotta sell some cabs as I pickup a Star Wars premium from a pin show next month but I imagine I won’t keep that one long with some of these new pin announcements.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Anybody got experience or have Virtual Pinball cab?

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
I have played them before. They lack depth and if you really notice how flat everything is, you'll hate it.