Why haven't any of you doll fuckers started a Game of Thrones topic?

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
the worst paced episode in the entire series, compensated by key highlight moments. Still it ended up becoming a metaphor for Tywin's scene.

Season 4 finale was more interested in setting up season 5 than in covering all of the important events of the third book.

One HUGE plot point that was missed:

Spoiler:
Where was Catelyn?

Martin wouldn't have introduced that plot point unless it was going to be relevant to the storyline. I think it would have been a much better ending.

I enjoyed the deviations from the book in terms of the scene with the Green Man and also the difference in the resolution of the Hound storyline. They were fun to watch.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Season 4 finale was more interested in setting up season 5 than in covering all of the important events of the third book.

One HUGE plot point that was missed:

Spoiler:
Where was Catelyn?

Martin wouldn't have introduced that plot point unless it was going to be relevant to the storyline. I think it would have been a much better ending.

I enjoyed the deviations from the book in terms of the scene with the Green Man and also the difference in the resolution of the Hound storyline. They were fun to watch.

I think they were interesting, but painful to watch. I kept feeling that "valuable time is leaving, and never coming back!"

And this kept happening scene to scene. So much, just terrible, terrible directing. Visionless, with no sense of economy.

Spoiler:

Examples: Arya on horseback.

Tyrion at the steps - We never actually saw him walk up the steps, not like we needed to, but that transition was awkward, from looking at the steps to suddenly being up the steps. The crossbow was absolutely beautiful. I don't mind that Tysha was completely omitted from conversation. I mean, time was of the essence. Thank god they cut it out because otherwise they wouldn't able to be so sloppy with everything else.

Conversations in Kings Landing - Every scene with Cersei could have been cut by 50%, or your money back.

Danearys - if anyone cared about any scene with her in this episode, they are stupid.

The battle at Casa de Three Eyed Crow - I don't mind that they want to kill characters off in order to keep the budget, but for fuck sake, I didn't give a shit about the fight, or the really important explanation of why Jojan had to die. I don't mind that Coldhands couldn't make it. But you know what - that super important battle by the tree could have been swapped for a similar battle introducing Cold Hands. This would have taken way less time and created a stronger cliff hanger for the audience. Instead, they throw the audience into a situation where they will probably be a little lost. I feel like the importance of the three eyed crow is missing. Can we really assume that people know that Bran is suddenly with the last green seer? I don't think so.

The good part that I loved was the invasion by Stannis. That scene was perfect. The troops moved in a formations that displayed how much of a strict disciplinarian Stannis is. In battle everything moved like a well oiled guillotine. That part was nailed.

Also, I agree about that huge missing plot piece. And that's how I felt the episode should have ended.

Also, Gregor's agony was completely missing. What now? Are we supposed to expect Khal Drogo II?

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
So many episodes this season ended at the 53 or 54 minute mark. Why? The writers could have used that time to develop Jon (which is still sorely needed-anybody that knows the story just KNOWS this) or have the conversation Tyrion and Jamie had about his first wife (another massive plot element that was missing), Cold Hands, etc.

This show is still enjoyable to watch, but too many components of the essential storyline are still not being given the time they need on screen to be established. It's like they're building a jet fighter off of a blueprint but they're leaving out important parts in order to make the thing look prettier and fool the generals in charge of approving the project funding. They need to get back to putting in the fundamental elements of the story.

I could not agree more with you about Cersei in this season. So many of her scenes were pointless, and only in there because the audience likes drama. This show is dangerously close to becoming something different, and lesser, than the source material.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Didn't Arya's Scene with Brianne cover her scene with Cat?

Nickrb

Angel's Love Slave
I guess they are saving Stoneheart and the Lord Commander for later.

Hopefully Jojen doesn't turn out to be important in the story. I don't understand killing him off needlessly. Aren't they way ahead with this storyline? Gonna start moving beyond the material in the books here. And this is the material I least trust the show with.

I actually liked the "As Seen on TV" Sandor vs. Brienne battle.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
I guess they are saving Stoneheart and the Lord Commander for later.

Hopefully Jojen doesn't turn out to be important in the story. I don't understand killing him off needlessly. Aren't they way ahead with this storyline? Gonna start moving beyond the material in the books here. And this is the material I least trust the show with.

I actually liked the "As Seen on TV" Sandor vs. Brienne battle.

I enjoyed it too and I think it was important to portray the characters having a confrontation because it makes them seem less idle in the TV version. Both Brienne and Sandor had a ton of pointless scenes in this season. There was still so much they could have done in pulling from the books, and the show meandered quite a bit this season. Again, the shorter episode length is boggling, considering there were a number of key events that could have been inserted in those unused minutes.

Masamune

n00b
I just kept waiting for LS even in the final seconds on the show. It would have been a nice bone for the show to throw to the book readers and would have given TV-only fans a "WTF?" moment and hooked them for next season.

I just hope LS makes the cut to TV or I'll be super pissed.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Is there a way to get a good quality file of Season 4? I have purchased the DVD's up to season 3 but 4 doesn't come out until next year and I don't want to wait that long. Can't believe how stupid they are, the show is done, release the fucking DVD the next week!!!

I have been looking for torrents but they all seem to be shit quality.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
duuude_zps47c841a7.jpg

"Duuuuuude..."

The way the actor screamed, too. God. To see such a suave and cool character go out like that.

This is definitely my favorite season since the first.

Splitt442

Raiden's Valet
10 Year Member
"Duuuuuude..."

The way the actor screamed, too. God. To see such a suave and cool character go out like that.

This is definitely my favorite season since the first.

Season 4 was ridiculous but too light on the Stannis, next season should fix that.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I do not care for Stannis in the slightest. His right hand man is cool, but not Stannis. So I was OK with that.

I'm curious what will be done with Bran. The actor is growing up quickly, faster than Joffrey did.

Splitt442

Raiden's Valet
10 Year Member
I do not care for Stannis in the slightest. His right hand man is cool, but not Stannis. So I was OK with that.

I'm curious what will be done with Bran. The actor is growing up quickly, faster than Joffrey did.

Difference between season 1 Bran and season 4 is ridiculous, puberty is a bitch.

My love for Stannis came from this scene:

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I like to pretend that Stanis is being played by Jason Staitham.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Game of saving throws.

Explain why you keep saying this stupid shit every 4 pages or stop posting in this thread.

Why do you call this Game of Saving Throws.

Make me a believer or admit you don't know what the hell you're talking about.

Waiting.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
The part in season 4 when the kind, religious man gives The Hound and Arya shelter is so important to the central theme of GOT, which is doing whatever the hell you have to do to stay alive and get ahead.

Look at how The Hound repaid the man's kindness, by knocking his ass down. This is how it works in their world. Use your connections to make it and then throw the person under the car when they're of no use to you.

And I feel like it's something people can learn from in real life, too. Especially when it comes to the work environment and climbing the corporate ladder.

Out of all the scenes throughout season 4, that part stuck with me the most.

Well aside from Oberyn getting his eyes gouged and skull exploded.

Speaking of, did anyone else get a Juuza/Raoh vibe from that fight? Except if Raoh had enough of Juuza's shit and straight up exploded his skull, I mean.

Also anyone who thinks wasabi spoiled anything, come on. The man in the tree said he was going to fly, it's obvious there'll be more animal controlling from now on.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Explain why you keep saying this stupid shit every 4 pages or stop posting in this thread.

Why do you call this Game of Saving Throws.

Make me a believer or admit you don't know what the hell you're talking about.

Waiting.

Maybe he's trying to secure his place in the market forums. You don't get 14000 posts by not spamming every thread.