Why haven't any of you doll fuckers started a Game of Thrones topic?

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
i feel they shouldn't of given the main protagonist an incest tag, even if it is the norm of the set world. it worked with joffrey because he was made to be disliked, but jon was built up as the saviour of his family and a symbol of honour like some jesus figure. banging his fathers sister i felt did take away from the character. so i'm hoping his Johnson stays in his pants in the book when daenerys is in the picture, lol.

Did you not like Tommen? Everyone liked Tommen.

And Daenerys right? She's cool. But Dany's mom was her dad's sister. So like, aunt-fucking? NBD.

Also, Jon is probably older than Dany.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
RE: Not wanting Jon to be the son of Rhaegar and Lyanna-This is the most critical part of the entire story. And I mean STORY, not 'books' or 'TV' show. If the books were to deviate from this, it would only be because Martin got salty that his fans figured it out during one of the six year vacations he took off between books to watch football, attend Worldcon, bitch about the Hugos and operate lighthouses. It's his own fucking fault but if he changes it now, he's being unfaithful to his own blueprint and at that point the books will deserve to fail.

Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Did you not like Tommen? Everyone liked Tommen.

And Daenerys right? She's cool. But Dany's mom was her dad's sister. So like, aunt-fucking? NBD.

Also, Jon is probably older than Dany.

Yeah, NBD, plus it's not like they know, or anybody except for Bran. I'm ok with the crazy innuendos, wasn't it told before that Targaryans committed incest frequently to keep the bloodline pure?

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
b111r1k00ajz.jpg

Igakajook

Armored Scrum Object
I'm really interested in reading the books. All of the little extra details do seem to add a lot... But I'm waiting until I know all of the books exist to read. I just can't invest that kind of time. Does Martin even have a realistic timeline, or a plan?

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I'm really interested in reading the books. All of the little extra details do seem to add a lot... But I'm waiting until I know all of the books exist to read. I just can't invest that kind of time. Does Martin even have a realistic timeline, or a plan?

Just get the audiobooks. I think there were two readers, but the story is the same.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
It is known that Gurm thought about Aragon's rule in LOTR after the ring was destroyed and this helped create ASOIAF.

Recently I've wondered - what about the Dothraki in Westeros? When the Long Night is over, and Dothraki are still in Westeros, what will happen?

The truth of the matter is, some cultures are better than others. And Dothraki culture is utterly savage. How would a people who know nothing but killing and fucking and razing live in a society of a rule of law?

Gurm himself has probably wondered this. Which is why we'll never get the rest of the books. Fat old fuck.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Got these for my birthday...
jamiesword (800x450).jpg

I'll probably check out those audio books & rewatch GOT again till season 8.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Gay as fuck, champ

Edit: but tell your wife you love her anyway. She tried. So not so gay after all

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
I like getting geeky pop culture stuff. I really like it, im a big fan of Jamie & Lannisters is my fav house. I already got the Hound Helm a few years back and was really awesome quality.
1146976_3322339393465_277639632_o.jpg

Ill probably end up putting in the home theater w/ all my other geeky stuff.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Just get the audiobooks. I think there were two readers, but the story is the same.

You are correct, Roy Dotrice read the first three books and then due to illness at the time, a different reader (John Lee, I believe) read A Feast For Crows.

Then they brought Roy Dotrice back, since he was in better health despite being in his late 80s at the time, to read A Dance With Dragons, which was a good return but for some reason he made Dany sound far more petulant and entitled than he had in any of his previous three performances. Then, because Dotrice was up to it, he also went back and did a read of A Feast For Crows to maintain series' consistency, but it must be said that this is not his best work, as he pronounces many of the names differently from how he had in previous performances and even manages to somehow screw up some pronunciations that the director should have easily been able to correct him on but, for some reason, didn't. Dotrice also did the audio read of The World of Ice and Fire for audible, but there is no physical release for that one.

Iain Glenn (Jorah Mormont in the Game of Thrones TV series) did the Martin ASOIF related chapters for both the Dangerous Women and Rogues anthologies. To my knowledge, there are no physical releases for these two anthologies.

Another reader, Harry Lloyd, did the audio read for A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms, which is the collection of Dunk and Egg short stories that originally appeared in the Dreamsongs and Warriors anthologies. There is a physical copy of A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms on audio.

Last edited:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
You are correct, Roy Dotrice read the first three books and then due to illness at the time, a different reader (John Lee, I believe) read A Feast For Crows.

Then they brought Roy Dotrice back, since he was in better health despite being in his late 80s at the time, to read A Dance With Dragons, which was a good return but for some reason he made Dany sound far more petulant and entitled than he had in any of his previous three performances. Then, because Dotrice was up to it, he also went back and did a read of A Feast For Crows to maintain series' consistency, but it must be said that this is not his best work, as he pronounces many of the names differently from how he had in previous performances and even manages to somehow screw up some pronunciations that the director should have easily been able to correct him on but, for some reason, didn't. Dotrice also did the audio read of The World of Ice and Fire for audible, but there is no physical release for that one.

Iain Glenn (Jorah Mormont in the Game of Thrones TV series) did the Martin ASOIF related chapters for both the Dangerous Women and Rogues anthologies. To my knowledge, there are no physical releases for these two anthologies.

Another reader, Harry Lloyd, did the audio read for A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms, which is the collection of Dunk and Egg short stories that originally appeared in the Dreamsongs and Warriors anthologies. There is a physical copy of A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms on audio.

Harry Lloyd is Viserys btw

Igakajook

Armored Scrum Object

I think I might do that at some point. But, like I was wondering before, does Martin actually have plans to finish this thing? If he can't, for whatever reason, will he let someone else finish it for him?

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Martin still plans to finish it, but by his own admission he doesn't possess the same degree of enthusiasm for writing it after 20 years and thousands of pages later. At this point, the process of writing the books can be grueling to him and he needs more time to recharge between books and even between writing sessions. I'm not excusing him, but it IS a potential pitfall of writing such a wordy and encompassing epic.

And don't worry, if he dies before he finishes it there is too much money to be lost by the publisher. They will go get someone to finish it from his notes. The Robert Jordan estate did this very thing when the author died before finishing The Wheel of Time. When the author's health was failing,k he compiled his notes for how to finish the series and then when he passed, his estate handpicked Brandon Sanderson to complete it from his notes. Most people think Sanderson did an excellent job closing it out.

The persisting rumor I hear about GRRM if he goes before it's done is that Neil Gaiman would be the one to complete it for him. I've even heard rumors that Gaiman has already ghost-written massive swaths of the sixth book (not yet published) already, but that's pure speculation.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
You are correct, Roy Dotrice read the first three books

I forgot to mention, because I'm sure you know, but others may not - Roy was the pyromancer from season 2, who helped create the wildfire:

3196556379_1_4_P6pI0Xwu.jpg

Dude is 94 this year, incredible.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
I forgot to mention, because I'm sure you know, but others may not - Roy was the pyromancer from season 2, who helped create the wildfire:

3196556379_1_4_P6pI0Xwu.jpg

Dude is 94 this year, incredible.

Yeah, I knew this one. He was originally supposed to play Grand Maester Pycelle but he wasn't in good health at the time those decisions were being made so Julian Glover got the role instead, and he did rather well in it. Julian Glover, if people didn't know, played General Veers in The Empire Strikes Back and also Walter Donovan in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.

Igakajook

Armored Scrum Object
I'd imagine working on something like that over such a long period of time would make anything almost unbearably tedious. I wouldn't even start, to be honest. But it's good to hear his health wouldn't stop the story from being finished. And I have heard elsewhere, earlier this evening in fact, that the Sanderson books in the Wheel of Time series are done very well. Those are also on my "to read in the future" book list.