Why haven't any of you doll fuckers started a Game of Thrones topic?

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
That wont last long on YT.

It does make the scene less believable for me. Why would Daenerys start to kill all the women and children? I guess if she was truly insane/mad it would make sense.... we will see.

My guess?

First off, she's always had that side to her, to just slaughter everyone in her way. It's that targaryen blood in her veins.

Second...I think it clicked to her that she didn't give a good shit about King's Landing, any of it. Burn the city, blow apart the castle, she'd just HQ somewhere else and leave no one in King's landing to oppose her.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Tyrion is gonna be the queen slayer. Just a wild prediction.
Hopefully it will be, but I don't have a lot of faith in D and D going any direction other than the most obvious one(s).

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Hopefully it will be, but I don't have a lot of faith in D and D going any direction other than the most obvious one(s).

My last theory/prediction

If the prophecy is going to happen...

Danny commands Jon to execute Tyrion or Danny takes Longclaw kills Tyrion herself. Possible Jamie & Cersei can still be alive and they take the place of Tyrion death.

Tyrion
he captured a lion and drove the sword into its heart

Danny
He drove his sword into her breast, her soul combining with the steel of the sword, creating Lightbringer, while her cry of anguish and ecstasy left a crack across the face of the moon.

Drogon
Lightbringer was able to boil the blood of a monster when Azor Ahai thrust the sword through the belly of the beast. After steam poured from the beast's mouth and its eyes melted, its body burst into flame.

Jon then goes back North to rebuild/command the walls. Maybe a scene of baby nightwalkers somewhere in the far north.

Also hoping Bran does something. Maybe warg into Drogon, to stop the BBQing. Maybe also a scene of Jon being fireproof.

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
Agreed.

I'll go on record saying it, Episode I-III were shit. There is an underlying story line which is useful, the fall of the Jedi, the rise of the Empire, the fall of Anakin, the origins of Luke/Leah...but the presentation was complete trash. I have never defended them. Sadly, Episodes VII/VIII up'd the ante by having not only trashy movies...but this time with no underlying story line. If anyone would like to tell me the main plot points of Ep VII/VIII...I welcome it, because there's little there by what I've seen.

You mean you didn't like a bunch of people/aliens talking about intergalactic politics while a teenager complains about coarseness of the sand? What is wrong with you??

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Agreed.

I'll go on record saying it, Episode I-III were shit. There is an underlying story line which is useful, the fall of the Jedi, the rise of the Empire, the fall of Anakin, the origins of Luke/Leah...but the presentation was complete trash. I have never defended them. Sadly, Episodes VII/VIII up'd the ante by having not only trashy movies...but this time with no underlying story line. If anyone would like to tell me the main plot points of Ep VII/VIII...I welcome it, because there's little there by what I've seen.
Dont misunderstand, I'm not saying the prequels were anything other than crap. I just meant that this new trilogy that was already set to suck is now being written by the two idiots that ruined Thrones so it's gonna be double shite.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Agreed.

I think the killer is if you take Rogue One and view it as if it isn’t a Star Wars. View TFA as if it’s not a Star Wars.

These movies use Star Wars as a crutch.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
I'm not ready to write off D&D as Star Wars creators. Who knows? When they aren't cribbing off of someone's incredible blueprint and they get to build it up all on their own, they may actually be able to make a decent film trilogy.

I don't believe that the collapse of this TV series can solely be attributed to any one or two people. I think D&D can take a fair share of the blame They didn't take their time with these last two seasons, which required way better pacing and deliberation than they received. HBO even offered them more episodes and, as I understand it, they declined.

I'm certain HBO had a role to play in this somehow as well. Maybe HBO was demanding more deviation from the source and D&D didn't want to do that. Maybe there was pressure on them not only to continue but to do so in a way they considered unsavory. For all we know, they wanted to remain faithful to Martin's intentions but the studio was asking them to do it in a way they didn't want to so they said 'fuck it, we out.'

I'm also going to lay some blame at Martin's feet, and you all know I think he's a great writer. Dude could have at least had Winds of Winter done by the time season 7 started shooting. Then again, maybe an entire different kind of backlash might have occurred had he gotten it out after seasons 6 and 7 and pissed off a completely different percentage of the fan base. Not having the entire story done before they started adapting it was a big problem no matter how you slice it and that is partly Martin's fault. Releasing two books in an ongoing series in 19 years is fucking clown shoes.

For something this surefire to be this far off the rails is usually a cluster by committee.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I'm not ready to write off D&D as Star Wars creators. Who knows? When they aren't cribbing off of someone's incredible blueprint and they get to build it up all on their own, they may actually be able to make a decent film trilogy.

I don't believe that the collapse of this TV series can solely be attributed to any one or two people. I think D&D can take a fair share of the blame They didn't take their time with these last two seasons, which required way better pacing and deliberation than they received. HBO even offered them more episodes and, as I understand it, they declined.

I'm certain HBO had a role to play in this somehow as well. Maybe HBO was demanding more deviation from the source and D&D didn't want to do that. Maybe there was pressure on them not only to continue but to do so in a way they considered unsavory. For all we know, they wanted to remain faithful to Martin's intentions but the studio was asking them to do it in a way they didn't want to so they said 'fuck it, we out.'

I'm also going to lay some blame at Martin's feet, and you all know I think he's a great writer. Dude could have at least had Winds of Winter done by the time season 7 started shooting. Then again, maybe an entire different kind of backlash might have occurred had he gotten it out after seasons 6 and 7 and pissed off a completely different percentage of the fan base. Not having the entire story done before they started adapting it was a big problem no matter how you slice it and that is partly Martin's fault. Releasing two books in an ongoing series in 19 years is fucking clown shoes.

For something this surefire to be this far off the rails is usually a cluster by committee.

Have you watched X-Men Origines Wolverine, or Troy?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Benioff#Filmography

I'm ready to write him off.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Have you watched X-Men Origines Wolverine, or Troy?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Benioff#Filmography

I'm ready to write him off.

Oh, they wrote Troy?

All right, I fully retract my previous thoughts on their odds.

They are Hacks.

Capital H.

Just once, I'd like to see The Iliad adapted, with all the Greek mythological influences, as a fantasy story. I don't know why Hollywood is so afraid to do this. A scene of Achilles being dipped into the River Styx is the perfect opening scene of an Iliad film trilogy.

Troy was fucking terrible. Sean Bean survived it, though. I feared they would do an Odyssey sequel where you found out the Sirens were just a tribe of insane, man hating Amazons living on an island and the Cyclops was just a big dude with an eye patch.

How...'exciting'.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Oh, they wrote Troy?

All right, I fully retract my previous thoughts on their odds.

They are Hacks.

Capital H.

Just once, I'd like to see The Iliad adapted, with all the Greek mythological influences, as a fantasy story. I don't know why Hollywood is so afraid to do this. A scene of Achilles being dipped into the River Styx is the perfect opening scene of an Iliad film trilogy.

Troy was fucking terrible. Sean Bean survived it, though. I feared they would do an Odyssey sequel where you found out the Sirens were just a tribe of insane, man hating Amazons living on an island and the Cyclops was just a big dude with an eye patch.

How...'exciting'.

As an Iranian, I can tell you that the Iranian dub of Troy was mercilessly homo. They completely blew their wad on that dub. And no, there's no 300 dub that I am aware of.

Illiad would be an interesting screen play, but I am not a fan of the feature film format for any epic poem. Even Beowulf or Gilgamesh, which could conceivably fit into 120 minutes, but would be better suited to 4 or more hours. I would definitely be down for it in animated format because animations somehow survive the test of time longer than live actions, and it's easier for a creative director to get the emotions right. This guy got it right in Alexander of Macedonia.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reign:_The_Conqueror

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
The phrase 'mercilessly homo' is going to be in my head all day long. Maybe all weekend.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
The phrase 'mercilessly homo' is going to be in my head all day long. Maybe all weekend.

And no way to defend the story with Dilios narrating his own version to his soldiers with persuasive embellishment.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Pretty simple.

Do Seven Samurai either in Star Wars or Dungeons or Dragons universe. That way you can "shit" on the source material without even shitting on the "universe". The fanboi brats will be none the wiser. The story perfectly fills one season.

Easy peasy.

Then if you want a challenge, do "Heart of Darkness" in the other universe.

If you want an example, they did a whole season of 'Boardwalk empire' by cribbing from Kurosawa films.

Last edited:

bulbousbeard

Iconic Romhacker Analinguist
The fact that there's a gigantic unguarded passage in King's Landing that gives you direct access to the Queen is so fucking hilarious. And in the show's logic, Tyrion knew about this.

That's basically treason by itself. Think about how pitifully easy it would have been to assassinate Cersei.

The writing, staging of action, and plotting were on the level of a high school play this season. It's pretty much approached so bad it's good territory. I've been laughing my ass off during every episode. It's the best comedy on TV right now.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
The fact that there's a gigantic unguarded passage in King's Landing that gives you direct access to the Queen is so fucking hilarious. And in the show's logic, Tyrion knew about this.

That's basically treason by itself. Think about how pitifully easy it would have been to assassinate Cersei.

The writing, staging of action, and plotting were on the level of a high school play this season. It's pretty much approached so bad it's good territory. I've been laughing my ass off during every episode. It's the best comedy on TV right now.

Remember in season 2 when Davos got blown away by wildfire? By great luck, found himself on a big rock, exposed to the elements and close to death. A ship comes, asks who he fought for - answer wrong and he's left there or killed.

Here we are in Dumber & Dumber's Game of Thrones, and Euron is blown away by dragonfire, and not only does he swim a mile to shore but at the secret entrance to the Red Keep as well as at the same time as Jaime is there so...?

This is garbage. It'd be nice if these guys never got work again. They had two years to do this right, and this is what we got. Unacceptable.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
D and D made the Flowers For Charlie episode of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, which is a really good episode IMO, but they do kinda suck other than that.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
several people have pointed out that you could completely remove Bran from this season, and it wouldn't change anything to the plot. It would improve the season without him.
Hell Bronn had more of an impact that Bran.

bulbousbeard

Iconic Romhacker Analinguist
hahaahah @ people still theorycrafting about this piece of shit. You spent more time thinking about it than the people whose DAY JOB it was to do it. Just give it up. Jon kills Dany, Drogon picks her up and flies away, Bran becomes king with Tyrion as his hand, and Jon goes and fucks off with Tormund and Ghost. That's it. Deal.

GRRM is a joke, too. He's like the dumb hot girl with big boobs who thinks that people like her for her personality. No, GRRM, no one gives a crap about your other shitty books or your stupid football crap or whatever other nonsense. I'd suggest that he shuts the fuck up and finishes his series, but he intentionally doesn't want to because he knows that no one will give a crap about him after it's done. Old man found a way to keep people invested in him until he dies.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
hahaahah @ people still theorycrafting about this piece of shit. You spent more time thinking about it than the people whose DAY JOB it was to do it. Just give it up. Jon kills Dany, Drogon picks her up and flies away, Bran becomes king with Tyrion as his hand, and Jon goes and fucks off with Tormund and Ghost. That's it. Deal.

GRRM is a joke, too. He's like the dumb hot girl with big boobs who thinks that people like her for her personality. No, GRRM, no one gives a crap about your other shitty books or your stupid football crap or whatever other nonsense. I'd suggest that he shuts the fuck up and finishes his series, but he intentionally doesn't want to because he knows that no one will give a crap about him after it's done. Old man found a way to keep people invested in him until he dies.

I don’t know why you’re so burnt over this. A couple of turds fucked up a tv show. World keeps going on.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
I don’t know why you’re so burnt over this. A couple of turds fucked up a tv show. World keeps going on.

He is a cunt that likes to read spoilers and then comes back saying its predictable.