Why haven't any of you doll fuckers started a Game of Thrones topic?

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
The Night King is a concoction of hacks that didn't know what they were doing; there won't be one in Martin's books.

Oh, this was news to me. I can see why people are unhappy with the Bran situation, in this light. I should have put it together that people couldn't just wait for some of these things to be explained by the books.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Oh, this was news to me. I can see why people are unhappy with the Bran situation, in this light. I should have put it together that people couldn't just wait for some of these things to be explained by the books.

The Night King is just how unimaginative shits that inherit a story they don't want to tell implement their own 'droid control ship one hit kill' on an enemy that is bigger and more complicated theme than they are capable of grasping.

That is what happens when crappy showrunners totally miss the point of the story they were giftwrapped.

Or, in this case, intentionally and willfully AVOID it because they only care about the costume frame and a macguffin that is the true villain of the story. And then after it's rightly destroyed because the series creator told them it must be destroyed, theybSTILL find a way to use it as the primary plot device.

Fuck Weiss and Beniof. What assholes.

Clegane bowl. More like toilet bowl. And this TV series got flushed right down it.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I read the books, big fan here, and I unironically wanted Cleganebowl to happen and it was still dogshit.

Fuck D&D.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I read the books, big fan here, and I unironically wanted Cleganebowl to happen and it was still dogshit.

Fuck D&D.

Fuck D&D but they delivered on everything you asked for, from whatever website you harvested opinions from.

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
The Night King is just how unimaginative shits that inherit a story they don't want to tell implement their own 'droid control ship one hit kill' on an enemy that is bigger and more complicated theme than they are capable of grasping.

Just seems like something - with so much material to handle already - that making such additions and trying to cram that in as well is a lot to undertake.

Whatever those guys delivered, it probably was George RR Martin level for their target audience. What happened to Dany was red wedding level shit to a lot of people, because they fawned over her for 8 years. In earlier seasons, whenever an episode had run on and they switched to her story, I knew I could zone out because they wanted to end on some feelgood note of brown people petting her after she acts like a brat for 10 minutes.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
It will bring me immense pleasure when all of those shows fail hard.

GRRM can fuck right off.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
The issue I have with most "mainstream" TV series... is that they seem to want to push a narrative...

Can we not just make good shit for people wothout thinking about social Agendas...

Batwoman... is prime example of this shit...

I can't even be bothered to... err... acquire it anymore...

xROTx

PS. I bet this is just gonna be one massive woke piece of shit...

ShaolinAce

Ninja Combat Warrior
Is this fucking show worth me paying money to buy the whole series? I guess I feel like its time to watch it. Ive always been annoyed by its popularity. But here I am considering it.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Is this fucking show worth me paying money to buy the whole series? I guess I feel like its time to watch it. Ive always been annoyed by its popularity. But here I am considering it.
I sorta... "Got" the whole series...

They built up 7 seasons of characters and plots....

Redemptions... evil people... and then threw it all away... in season 8....

I am dead on the inside now...

xROTx

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
What are you, retarded or something? No.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I mean, you had to be there. It was a cultural phenomenon. Half the fun was coming back here and talking with other people and making predictions.

And then season 8 came and made the show literally unwatchable. So many things that you thought mattered, didn't. There's a reason there's a disturbed fan base on reddit still posting vitriol about the show nearly 2 years after it ended.

I will never dedicate so much of my life energy to a form of fiction again

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I mean, you had to be there. It was a cultural phenomenon. Half the fun was coming back here and talking with other people and making predictions.

And then season 8 came and made the show literally unwatchable. So many things that you thought mattered, didn't. There's a reason there's a disturbed fan base on reddit still posting vitriol about the show nearly 2 years after it ended.

GoT is like Lost in that respect.

Except early GoT is legit good.

Bit with how it ended...yeah. It was a cultural phenomenon and a water cooler show we all got to collectively experience. But that’s over now.
Meh.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
But you came back from the dead like Jon Snow. We literally had to go back in time to save you. If there's a legendary fagit here, it's you.

Sage said it all though. This show was great until it wasn't. The ending was ridiculous. Stick with the books.

ShaolinAce

Ninja Combat Warrior
Meh...I thought "choose your own adventure" was a cop-out. Even the writers stated at the time that they wanted to leave Tony's fate to the individual viewer...which is shit writing.

Breaking Bad ended with balls...that's a good ending for a crime-drama...not a black screen.
Also I noticed this post concerning the sapranos ending. Had to comment. Its well known that Tony did die and it was foreshadowed heavily in the final episode.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
If you are a fan of television, this a production marvel. Even the 8th season with its many, many flaws.

It is a great TV series to show film classes. Both for how to adapt something as dense as ASOIF fornmass media consumption and also how NOT to develop a series chasing social media trends and thinly veiled wokeness disguised as 'an interpretation for today's audience.'

The only people that like Danaerys are people with low self esteem.

Most know Jon was the hero of this story and his story was the only one that mattered. You can see it in every strand of DNA in the story's roots, in every fiber of the blueprint.

This show pulled the great feminist trick of tearing down its males and reducing to shells of their book versions to amplify their shitty TV versions. A Song of Stunning and Brave, if you will.

D&D must have hated having Jon be the answer at the end. They were probably hoping they could change it to Arya to express their inner good allies because deep down inside, they probably wanted to bang Emilia Clarke and/or Lena Heady.

Production wise, the show is a clinic.

Story wise, it destroys all it's good will in the last two seasons.

Watch it for the technical merits.

But if you want to enjoy the story, get the books on Audible or just read them.

And I really hope they aren't doing Dunk & Egg.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
My Brothers of the Neo Watch. Please refrain from bumping this thread any longer. The pain of the memory as Arya ninja leapt over the Night King and instakilled him is one I don't want to be reminded of.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
My Brothers of the Neo Watch. Please refrain from bumping this thread any longer. The pain of the memory as Arya ninja leapt over the Night King and instakilled him is one I don't want to be reminded of.
Hardly the pain of seeing Arya naked. That was the worst.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
D&D probably wanted to fuck Maisie Williams, too. Being the entertainment industry, it wouldn't surprise me.

Well, at least they got to fuck their audience.

Stefan

Philadelphia Freeman,
20 Year Member
I cannot believe this franchise is already getting the Broadway musical treatment. Expecting more bloated garbage along the lines of Julie Taymor & U2's categorically disastrous Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark.

ShaolinAce

Ninja Combat Warrior
I finally finished game of thrones. And I can understand everyones dissatisfaction. It was a pretty sweet ride to binge it everyday for about a week or so. Kinda miss having a show at that height and calibur to watch now.

I don't understand why they just didn't get married and rule together. Whatever though, the series to me felt like it needed to be dark at times just for the sake of having a twist and being dark.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
You bumped this coincidentally on the anniversary of the last episode, May 19th, 2019.

ulhisf4912071.jpg

simgwia69xz61.jpg

In something positive, remember how cool this was 10 years ago:
h19q0s5jitz61.jpg