Why haven't any of you doll fuckers started a Game of Thrones topic?

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
It was one of Greg's best moments TBH. It riled Taiso the fuck up. I didn't even know what it meant.
I remember Wasabi warning Gregn that he was out of his depth by doing that.

Made me laugh out loud.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
It's a good teaser and effectively uses the Targaryen theme but it's hard to be hype for this after two MORE years of no next book and the still staggering notion of the colossal failure of the GoT finale.

I really don't need any more hotshot social media clout chasing TV.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year

LOL MATT SMITH? I can't take him seriously in a serious thing after being the Doctor.

So I just don't get it- GeorRRge RRRRRR MaRRRRRRRtin(r) can't seem to finish his mainline book series, even though the show progressed far beyond the 5 books. Doesn't have the energy/time/wherewithal/interest to finish ASOI&F, but he has all of that to consult/produce a new show based on shit no one cares about in his story?

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I need to mentally prepare myself for a woke GoT, where HBO tries to overthink the potential for House of Blackfyre so White.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
I havent even watched the trailer, I just saw Smith's face and had to say something. Is it making it look like it's gonna be super woke?

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I havent even watched the trailer, I just saw Smith's face and had to say something. Is it making it look like it's gonna be super woke?
Just an empirical observation of everything HBO has offered in the past 2 years. Like The watchmen (which I liked a lot), Lovecraft Country, True Detective 3, snowpiercer… I don’t mind, because that’s what the generation is all about - inclusiveness purely to generate untapped profits. Every show must appeal to every group (and of course appeals to none)

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Just an empirical observation of everything HBO has offered in the past 2 years. Like The watchmen (which I liked a lot), Lovecraft Country, True Detective 3, snowpiercer… I don’t mind, because that’s what the generation is all about - inclusiveness purely to generate untapped profits. Every show must appeal to every group (and of course appeals to none)
The corporate commodification of virtue is the biggest hoodwink in media history.

They've sold young, stupid people on resistance against the norms, thus turning these useful idiots into the very establishment they profess to want to change.

Can't wait to find out House Stark was always diverse.

Holupaminit.

I think I CAN, in fact, wait.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
George Martin is going to have his estate release the remaining books when he dies.

They will merely be a novelization of the final seasons of the HBO GoT series.

We’ll find out he spent his last years traveling the world, having a good time, and enjoying himself (insert whatever millionaire fantasy you desire.)

The last book will be dedicated to himself and say:

“Thanks for loving yourself and living your life to the fullest, George. Fuck being a starving artist. #YOLO.”

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
True Detective season 3 is underrated. Yeah, it's no season 1, but it's also no season 2.

That’s good to hear, I really didn’t like Season 2. It would be hard to follow up from Season 1 no matter what, but Season 2 just wasn’t good.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
George Martin is going to have his estate release the remaining books when he dies.

They will merely be a novelization of the final seasons of the HBO GoT series.

We’ll find out he spent his last years traveling the world, having a good time, and enjoying himself (insert whatever millionaire fantasy you desire.)

The last book will be dedicated to himself and say:

“Thanks for loving yourself and living your life to the fullest, George. Fuck being a starving artist. #YOLO.”
Legend has it that he has hidden chapters of the novels among the hundreds or thousands of missives he sent out on OKCupid and Tinder to random women who claimed on their profiles that they read a lot of books.

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
I don't even think GRRM even writes any more, other than occasionally for his blog. If he doesn't know how to end this by now (and judging by the TV series, he clearly doesn't), he never will.

2Heed

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
20 Year Member
I borrowed a few of the ASOIAF books from a coworker years ago. I remember looking at the cast of characters in the back and thinking, "what the hell does a story need this many characters for?" I understand world-building as a construct, but at some point you just have to take a step back and say, "you know, there really isn't much this person adds, and the story would be more streamlined without them."

Also, on a semi-related note with that trailer, I find the Targaryens overexposed and felt the segments with Daenarys just dragged on and on as she went on and on about her self-importance with 6 self-given nicknames whilst opening her mouth so wide when she spoke she looked like she could fit an entire hard-boiled egg in there.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
I borrowed a few of the ASOIAF books from a coworker years ago. I remember looking at the cast of characters in the back and thinking, "what the hell does a story need this many characters for?" I understand world-building as a construct, but at some point you just have to take a step back and say, "you know, there really isn't much this person adds, and the story would be more streamlined without them."

Also, on a semi-related note with that trailer, I find the Targaryens overexposed and felt the segments with Daenarys just dragged on and on as she went on and on about her self-importance with 6 self-given nicknames whilst opening her mouth so wide when she spoke she looked like she could fit an entire hard-boiled egg in there.
Yeah but Emilia Clarke tho.

Bitch cant act. But... who cares.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
The quality of GoT was inversely proportional to the leading actresses' willingness to get their tits out.