Why Shock boxes?

Dark Sakul

Marked Wolf
Okay I can see why someone want to keep there MVS game carts dust free. And if you going to have a nice game library, why not dressed it up abit.

I am against people getting mint kits, sealing them in plastic and hoarding them forever in museum display.

But I like to see what the community have to say about this. :mr_t:

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
title should be: "wtf is the point of this thread?"

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Okay I can see why someone want to keep there MVS game carts dust free. And if you going to have a nice game library, why not dressed it up abit.
:

You just answered your own question. How does it feel to do that?

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
why is the skyblue? Why is water wet? Why did judas rat to romans while jesus slept?

wonamik

Armored Scrum Object
I think Dark Sakul wanted to know someones personal reason why they prefer to put them in Shockboxes...I think? You know, get some insight.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
holy shit fellas I think we just found ourselves Worst n00b of 2013 uitb

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Alot of my my mvs carts are Japanese so it's nice to have shock boxes with inserts so I know what I'm grabbing. It's also a nice way to protect your carts.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
metalslugXXpreview.jpg

this was a big reason for me.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
Alot of my my mvs carts are Japanese so it's nice to have shock boxes with inserts so I know what I'm grabbing.

funnily enough, that's exactly why I don't like shockboxes. My Jp reading ability is very limited, but I can read about 95% of jp MVS labels. I try to collect jp labels as much as possible, I like how they look on the shelf with out shocks, and it baffles anyone who comes over to look at the games.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
All the MVS games I have are either in Shockboxes or Windy Sleeves.

Edmond Dantes

Rugal's Thug
I thought this topic was gonna be about the name.

IE: "Why are they CALLED 'shock' boxes?"

[Personally always assumed that it was because they act as shock absorbers if the game gets dropped or something]

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
Get the Windy sleeves. They protect the carts from dust, etc. and save you a lot of space. Shocks look nice on the shelf but take up a ton of room. Now if you have a tiny collection go for it but once you start to get a few space becomes important.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
funnily enough, that's exactly why I don't like shockboxes. My Jp reading ability is very limited, but I can read about 95% of jp MVS labels. I try to collect jp labels as much as possible, I like how they look on the shelf with out shocks, and it baffles anyone who comes over to look at the games.

Your the man.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
To keep the salty mist from the sea from corroding my stuff. Paper products just don't keep the moisture out.