Why Xbox Live sucks

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I buy the game, I buy the hardware...

No way in hell I'm going to pay just to play something online....

I hope that nintendo gets thier ass in gear and makes an online system where I don't have to pay to play.

shirt

Andy's Clothes Designer
$50 a year is really jack shit to pay for the service if you ask me.

Chicago Cheeseburgler Crew

BANNED , Banned , Here's why
10 Year Member
Tell that to the people who pay $15 a month for World of Warcraft and other MMORPG's

For about $4 a month, xbox live is a steal considering all the games you can play online.

SFAC, CvS2, Outrun 2, Crimson Skies, Halo 2, Burnout 3, etc.

Good luck with Nintendo making a online system, let alone one that's free. :kekeke:

pyrokilla

Vice's grappling partner...naked,
buttasuperb said:
Tell that to the people who pay $15 a month for World of Warcraft and other MMORPG's

For about $4 a month, xbox live is a steal considering all the games you can play online.

Good luck with Nintendo making a online system, let alone one that's free. :kekeke:

that is all.

Phix

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
buttasuperb said:

Word !!
But true say for the cost of live its a bargain and the service isnt bad
SFA alone makes it worth it :glee:

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
Dude, XBox Live is cheap...even Sandwich Artists can afford it.

ProfessorFrink

Crossed Swords Squire
Shirt in a Can said:
$50 a year is really jack shit to pay for the service if you ask me.

Shh, don't let Microsoft hear you.

I agree though, it's a great service. I don't even use Live all that often but I still feel I get my money's worth.

I'm just afraid that in the future Microsoft is going to jack its prices way up to something like twenty or thirty bucks a month--that wouldn't be good. I know it won't be soon, but if there's money to be had, MS is going to be all over it. :crying:

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I think it still bullshit...

I have never paid to play shit online before... Don't see why I should start now.

Kunai

Over Top Auto Mechanic
The fact there are no major cheaters online due to the heavy monitoring of XBox Live... it's well worth the 50 bucks. If you have ever played Socom back in the day, or CounterStrike... watching those games get totally ruined by hackers makes you appreciate the integrity most Live games uphold.

XBox Arcade is a total rip, though. I wouldn't pay that much for classic games.

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
norton9478 said:

I hope that nintendo gets thier ass in gear and makes an online system where I don't have to pay to play.

$50 a year is dirt cheap for online play. Quit your bitchin'.

kafuin_gaira

Viewpoint Vigilante
stick to kaillera then if you need to be so miserly. i don't have a box or live, but $50/year is pocket change compared to most online services.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I pay by the month, which is like $6 and some change. How is that so terrible? I average playing about 200 matches a month in CvS2 and SF3 combined. When you compare that to 25 cents a play (or hell, 50 cents), you could say I'm getting my money's worth. That's not even taking all the other games in my sig that I play.

Where else can you have a nice ranking system, chat with the headset, and a fat friends list dedicated to just playing online? It's not like these are online-only games, like MMORPGs where you have to play them on live, thus you're forced to pay every month for the luxury of playing them. Pay one fee to play any Xbox live-enabled game is a fucking steal. $6 a month too much? You're a damn jew, then.

That is, unless you're making this thread in jest, which I thought you were when I first read the initial post. I still don't know if you are or aren't.

iamyagami22

Viewpoint Vigilante
even though i don't really like the box, i must admit it did online right, just be glad your not paying 19.99 a month like some of my friends do for other games.

son_of_bael

Host for Orochi
£40 a year (thats how much it is in the UK) is still very little to be able to play Burnout 3, Outrun 2 and Pro Evolution Soccer 4 online. Bargain if you ask me.

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
I do think that Xbox Live is a bloody joke as it's not a service really at all. Your paying microsoft to use your own bandwith as a server or connect to someone elses? Put up with lag as more people join the game and kill the average home users bandwith? Bollox to that.

To be fair, I still go on xbox live from time to time as it's so darm easy to use. But I only pay and play for a month every while or so.

JHendrix

Jello Pudding Pop, Y'know? Like that whole Bill C
norton9478 said:

This is bar none the dumbest thing I've seen on the internet.

You don't want to pay for it, fine, don't.

But don't start complaining about one of the best services millions of people enjoy. Especially when its existance has catered to such a normally ignored niche of gaming that thrives here (2D fighting).

XBox Live is the best thing to happen to 2D fighter fans since the death of the arcade in the West.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
madmanjock said:
I do think that Xbox Live is a bloody joke as it's not a service really at all. Your paying microsoft to use your own bandwith as a server or connect to someone elses? Put up with lag as more people join the game and kill the average home users bandwith? Bollox to that.

lmao

dumbass

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
SonGohan said:
lmao

dumbass

care to expand on that? Your not paying to play on any microsoft servers just paying to play on someone else's xbox acting as server is my point.

gmfuss

Kula's Candy
XBox live is good now, well worth the $50 a year. That is until come Nov-Dec when XBox 2 is released and Microsoft shuts down XBox Live like they are rumored to be doing, trying to get everyone to buy a new system.

10 Year Member
gmfuss said:
XBox live is good now, well worth the $50 a year. That is until come Nov-Dec when XBox 2 is released and Microsoft shuts down XBox Live like they are rumored to be doing, trying to get everyone to buy a new system.

I really hope that's not the case.

Just make xbl work with any microsoft system.

gmfuss

Kula's Candy
buttasuperb said:
I really hope that's not the case.

Just make xbl work with any microsoft system.

Yeah, Microsoft is known for catering to their customers and not trying to squeeze every single dollar out of them.

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
I doubt Xbox live will be shut as soon as that, they will keep it going for at least a year into the Xbox 2's life I recon.

10 Year Member
I'm paid past Now-Dec so they better not force me to use that balance on some bullshit new system. Unless the new system and new live is compatable with older games. SF3 is like fucking crack.

gmfuss

Kula's Candy
FatGuy said:
I'm paid past Now-Dec so they better not force me to use that balance on some bullshit new system. Unless the new system and new live is compatable with older games. SF3 is like fucking crack.

Word is once XB2 goes live, XB1 is off. To do this without offering backwards compatability would be suicide, but far within the norm for a company like Microsoft.