Will be in Los Angelas Aug5-9 - what's the deal?

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Gonna take a little vacation out to California. Landing around 9am Monday Aug. 5 and will be there until the 9th.

What to do, where to eat. Willing to take a drive up north (Coast/SF area).

Don't give a shit about celebrity homes.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Petersen Auto Museum

J. Paul Getty Museum

Wayfarers Chapel

Drive into the desert just for fun

Call Bobak

Watch the sunset

Eat ramen

Ponder becoming a homeless person in LA because of the weather

Drive the coast just for fun, but don't go all the way to SF

Maybe I'll think of more.

sr20det510

Guerilla Warrior
Catch a Dodger's game.

Griffith Observatory.

L.A. Science Center, they have a Space shuttle and a humongous fuel tank.

Getty Villa in Malibu or Getty Center (West L.A One), but Villa > Malibu.

Huntington Library, then some amazing Chinese or Vietnamese cuisine in San Gabriel (check out Yelp, tons of great places)

Broad Museum and then get food in Downtown L.A. (Grand Central Market, Sushi in Little Tokyo or Korea Town (K-Town sushi is as good as Sawtelle or Little Tokyo Sushi for a lower price), Howlin' Ray's Fried Chicken, Bestia, etc.)

If you drive South, San Diego is really laid back with tons of good food and nightlife.

If you head North, Cambria, San Louis Obispo, Half Moon Bay, Santa Cruz, Big Sur, Redwoods state park, etc. Are all beautiful you can rent a bike or hike.

If you like fish, you can't go wrong eating Pescado Zarandeado my favorite fish dish. It is grilled Snook, sold by the kilo and grilled over charcoal. (Cheko el Rey del Zarandeado, Mariscos el Kora, Mariscos Nayarit, and my favorite Coni Seafood).

Tacos, Tijuana style tacos are the rave atm. Grilled asada, handmade tortillas, cheese thrown on the grill, and Guacamole/onion/salsa). The tortilla is used to pick up the now crisp yet rich cheese, then the asada is added, and a scoop of guacamole. You can added onion cilantro and salsa.

They are good but I prefer, Tacos al Vapor. The meats are steamed and fall apart. Get cow head, cheeks, or lip so tasty and beefy flavor.

Birria tacos are also gaining popularity. Some people call them red tacos because they use the red liquid released when preparing the meat to make the tortillas.
I'll list some taco spots later today.

Enjoy your trip.

c0nn0r

If I could have, My time back, I'd keep it in ma'
10 Year Member
Birria tacos are also gaining popularity. Some people call them red tacos because they use the red liquid released when preparing the meat to make the tortillas.

You mean blood?

sr20det510

Guerilla Warrior
You mean blood?

No, they use the liquid that they stew the meat in. Kind of like a Mexican Au jus.

The tacos are pretty tasty due to the fact the flavor is found throughout the tacos. A bit messy but good!