Will Biden get another Corona relief package through Congress?

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Another $1200 would buy me a great synthesizer.

That said, I’m sure there some people who would benefit from some continued relief. Especially since signaling seems to indicate increased Covid prevention measures coming up again.

Hell we have a curfew starting this Saturday in CA.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Without an Executive Order? Not anytime soon.

Congress has shown that they do not care for the safety of the people, stifling any sort of stimulus package for months. Both sides are too entrenched to put the populace before the party.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Last time, I got the $1,200 and immediately had to write a $1,500 rent check.

1303-and-itsgone.jpg

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member

Congress has shown that they do not care for the safety of the people, stifling any sort of stimulus package for months. Both sides are too entrenched to put the populace before the party.

Sure, it won’t be until after Jan 20 - I’m sure a few people will have been evicted on to the streets and froze to death by then. It’s going to be a cold winter.

Need to start universal basic income right now.

Tom Paine agrees.

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member

Are you certain that the reason is politics and not a quid pro quo to give companies immunity for forcing workers to return to job sites to perform work (that could be done remotely), or allowing landlords to evict with impunity? Just figure since last time around those were the bargaining points for the GOP that they wanted.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Are you certain that the reason is politics and not a quid pro quo to give companies immunity for forcing workers to return to job sites to perform work (that could be done remotely), or allowing landlords to evict with impunity? Just figure since last time around those were the bargaining points for the GOP that they wanted.

It could be, but if we're looking beneath the aforementioned surface-level reasons, it's politics and an attempt to remain relevant in a shifting landscape. Similar to when they attempted to rename an additional package the GOP stimulus package, it's trying to stop Democrat momentum. This is all opinion, but usually when people bark at those easily solvable reasons as a reason to stop progress, then it was not about the reason but moreso the effect.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
I didn't even get a stimulus check last time (my tax situation is complicated), so, meh. I've worked normal hours throughout the entire pandemic, so, didn't need it anyway. Better the money goes to people out of work that really need it.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I didn't even get a stimulus check last time (my tax situation is complicated), so, meh. I've worked normal hours throughout the entire pandemic, so, didn't need it anyway. Better the money goes to people out of work that really need it.

You should do something about that. You’re entitled to that money, and you have been in harms way to help people. If anything try to have it refunded through your taxes.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
I hope not. The first one was a massive siphon of wealth upwards. Any second one stimulus would surely be nearly the same.