Williamsburg, VA trip

Tjanko04

Mr. Big's Thug
Hey people. I'm going to Williamsburg, VA for work next week and wanted to know if there's any, "must see," stuff while I'm down there from anyone who may live in or be familiar with the area. I'm probably only get a chance to do anything non-work related for maybe an afternoon during the weekend.

Our VP planned on us doing the, "Ghost Walk," thing some evening during the week, so that's already covered.

Thanks for any input :)

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Hey people. I'm going to Williamsburg, VA for work next week and wanted to know if there's any, "must see," stuff while I'm down there from anyone who may live in or be familiar with the area. I'm probably only get a chance to do anything non-work related for maybe an afternoon during the weekend.

Our VP planned on us doing the, "Ghost Walk," thing some evening during the week, so that's already covered.

Thanks for any input :)

Do you have enough time for Busch Gardens?

Last edited:

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
As someone who is from that area, basically I agree with ralf. Busch gardens is the only major fun thing in Williamsburg. Otherwise you can go to the ripleys believe it or not museum if it is still open, and for some reason people love to go to the Yankee candle store.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
I went to busch last year for a day trip and had a blast.
I'm returning to florida for a week's hol's with my 2 teenagers next week, so another day trip there will definately be on the cards.
Couldn't pluck up the courage to go on falcon's fury last year lol, maybe this year.
My son had a dodgy corn dog in the park unfortunately, and was throwing up in the toilet on the bus all the way back to international drive.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
I went to busch last year for a day trip and had a blast.
I'm returning to florida for a week's hol's with my 2 teenagers next week, so another day trip there will definately be on the cards.
Couldn't pluck up the courage to go on falcon's fury last year lol, maybe this year.
My son had a dodgy corn dog in the park unfortunately, and was throwing up in the toilet on the bus all the way back to international drive.

Same company, different park.

Yeah, Busch Gardens is the answer unless you give a shit about history stuff and want to trudge through Historic Williamsburg (part Ren Fest, part museum).

Busch Gardens is a great theme park. Not a ton of coasters but the ones that are there are super solid, good theming, great food. Just prepare for a lot of walking uphill as there's some odd terrain in parts of the park.

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
Same company, different park.

Yeah, Busch Gardens is the answer unless you give a shit about history stuff and want to trudge through Historic Williamsburg (part Ren Fest, part museum).

Busch Gardens is a great theme park. Not a ton of coasters but the ones that are there are super solid, good theming, great food. Just prepare for a lot of walking uphill as there's some odd terrain in parts of the park.
Opps, sorry guy's i'm just a dumb tourist lol.
Didn't realise there were more than one so immediately assumed it was busch tampa, a quick google has shown me that its in virginia, so dunce cap and the corner for me.

Tjanko04

Mr. Big's Thug
Thanks for the info guys. A lot of it is kinda hinging on how long it takes for us to do the install/upgrade of the lodge.

I didn't know there was a Busch Gardens down there. Hmmm.. That makes me hope everything goes smoother and quicker than anticipated since that seems like a whole day thing. I've never actually been to one of those, I've just been to Six Flags in Gurnee, IL. Don't beat yourself up cat, whenever I hear Six Flags I think of the one I know and in my head it's like no others exist.

Cornerb0y

Krauser's Henchman
Besides going to Busch, the area has some great food. Peaking is one of the best chinese buffets I've ever been too, and I used to frequently go when I lived in the area. Also for good BBQ, I recommend Pierce's BBQ. All the historic places are cool to check out, but I haven't been to any since I was a kid. Go Karts Plus had an ok arcade, but I havent been in 5-7 years. Its a fun place to go with other people in general too, but you will run out of things to do quick.