Retrogoobing Newscaster
10 Year Member
Look 'not bad'. I want it on Switch.

PC demo play

Last edited:

XxHennersXx

Why So Many X's?,
15 Year Member
I played a lot of the demo. It was really fun and engaging. It definitely feels like windjammers with new features that don’t seem broken.

Looking forward to the full release.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Might give this demo a chance, looks like windjammers HD remix.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Looks like a lot of fun. Some of the in-game art looks a little too basic, but that's minor.

traveno

Rugal's Thug
I’m not a fan. The gameplay looks nice, the HD aspect looks too much for me. Maybe it’ll grow on me.

Shmuppy

Banned
I'm sold. BIG fan of this very special game and I think the HD transition is done right. If they put in some few new game elements (like moves etc.) into it this could be a hit... if they don't forget online play like most if not all shmups do on Steam:(

Shmuppy

Banned
Edit: Since I can't edit yet... I wanted to add that the SFX, music and voices are carefully upgraded and still feel like the original. Never was a fan of the NCD enhanced OSTs. They sounded to clean and too far away from the raw Yamaha YM2610 punchy boombast sound. In Windjammer's 2 case I'm very pleased.

Open beta starts tomorrow:
Thoughts on the beta? I disliked it was online only this time. Very few players online to find matches after a few days. Was good to try out characters that weren’t previously playable but Loris Biaggi seems kind of hobbled; wasn’t super impressed with the new French character.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Limited run just put up the announcement for the physical preorder starting Friday I think it’s a four week preorder standard and collectors

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
I think the most impressive thing are the character profiles, the way they're drawn to be faithful to how they where in the first game. This is very much the SNK aesthetic for aes manuals and such. Who the artist? Shinkiro?

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I think the most impressive thing are the character profiles, the way they're drawn to be faithful to how they where in the first game. This is very much the SNK aesthetic for aes manuals and such. Who the artist? Shinkiro?
Okay, but the original wasn't an SNK game though.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I pre-ordered the physical PS4 version, should be a good time considering the original is a lot of fun and gets a ton of use

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
It is available on gamepass now. Going to try it this weekend, didn't like the 1st one that much, cause I suck at it😅

Raph4

Retrogoobing Newscaster
10 Year Member
Free DLC Update introduces full Cross-Play (Switch, PLaystation, Xbox and Steam) , two new players (Jamma GX03 and Anna Szalinski) and more