Windjammers for the next generation? Disc Jam

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
It's both. Those disc patterns are identical.
Looks good tho.

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
Yeah, bounces, disc flips, disc contrails - all direct rips. Hopefully their honest about their inspiration.

That said - looks fun.

sparksterz

Camel Slug
Wow...it would've been harder to rip it off even more than they have! I mean who even owns the rights to Data East's IP these days, picked a good game to remake.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
They need to admit it's a modern day windjammers :p Still if the final product turns out good,sold !!

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
It actually looks really good, with suitably fast gameplay. Looks miles better than the 3DS version that was being talked about a few months back to be honest.

The inspiration is obvious, and I feel like these guys are trying their hardest not to drop the "WindJammers" name the whole interview.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Very rippy offy but like the others mentioned, looks fun! The name is also just both of the JPN and US names lol.

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
I saw the video and also thought "oh a Windjammers remake. Cool!"

I bet if an interviewer asked them about Windjammers they'd say "what's that?..."

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
And now it's Neo Drift Out's turn:

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
And now it's Neo Drift Out's turn
looks more like driving remote controlled cars... and holy crap that music is awful.

They should've made it more like Revolt or Ignition ^^

Could still be fun though... if I get a PS4 for KOF16 I'll check out the Demo :keke: