Windows 11

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
Spoiler:
Psst, don’t tell him the Microsoft literally gives you the answer to this question when you install the OS.

View attachment 58722

You can’t turn diagnostic data off, fuck you @basic

Yes, you can change those settings to "No" when you install Windows 10. But those don't turn everything off- you will still need to turn off more settings in Settings -> Privacy. Such as, which info third-party apps can get.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Yes, you can change those settings to "No" when you install Windows 10. But those don't turn everything off- you will still need to turn off more settings in Settings -> Privacy. Such as, which info third-party apps can get.
If you have a problem with it joebro then use linux instead. In fact I think you should turn your computer off, unplug it from the wall and throw it out the fucking window.

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
If you have a problem with it joebro then use linux instead. In fact I think you should turn your computer off, unplug it from the wall and throw it out the fucking window.
Don't you have to use command line to run/install software in Linux? And it doesn't always have drivers for printers (etc) you want to use?
My point is that you can improve Windows 10 by changing the settings.

Last edited:

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
Don't you have to use command line to run/install software in Linux? And it doesn't always have drivers for printers (etc) you want to use?
You've got to join a linux forum and post a link so we can watch.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
My point is that you can improve Windows 10, including in privacy, which is a major criticism many people have of the OS.
install Mint or some shit
or rather trade in your PC for a can of petrol and huff that shit like the rest of your family does

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
Can confirm Windows 11 does run newer games faster.
Last gen games don't seem to make any difference.
11 seems to start up slower and use slightly more resources.
Never believe MS when they say the new OS is faster, it's a BS lie

On my laptop I was able to load both windows 10 & 11
Had a hard time the bios is some sort of custom thing and won't load to a drive unless it has a recognized OS on it.
Haven't been able to load Yumi OS sticks, anyways I formatted a whole drive and installed windows on it.
I also had to turn off bitlocker, between switching OSes you can only use one drive at a time.
Anyways I was able to register Windows 10 no problems (same version as my 11)
My Office 2021 is only licensed to one machine but it lets me use on both OS's

I've always wondered if if you could just have one instance of Steam and GOG game install files and share them between two different OS's.
Couldn't find any info on the net
Yes you can, it downloads or runs whatever SDK or Directx library files it needs for the OS.
For some reason the OS loader called both OS's Windows 10, sometimes it's a blue screen sometimes black.
SO it can be kind of tricky to load into whatever I want.

Anyways I'm seeing at least 10 FPS higher in any settings for newer stuff and virtually no difference for older games.
Yes the Cyberpunk settings are the same, for some reason when i get done with the benchmark it says some random stuff.

Attachments

• CyberPunkbenchmark.jpg
    CyberPunkbenchmark.jpg
    211.1 KB · Views: 4
  • GTALostDamnedBench.jpg
    GTALostDamnedBench.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 4
  • WindowsStartupRes.jpg
    WindowsStartupRes.jpg
    294.4 KB · Views: 4

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
In the BIOS just set CSM to enabled for Legacy and UEFI, then set boot to OtherOS instead of Windows UEFI. Should be able to boot anything including W11 trusting that you didn't turn bitlocker on or use an online account when you installed W11.