Women's world cup 2019

Marek

Banned
Once I wore leather trousers, a t-shirt and fancy jacket. When I wanted to get back to the club after I had smoked a cig outside, the doorman did not want to let me back in because he thought I was a cop. Almost missed my own gig.

Hahahaha

So thats what German narcs look like? Fucking leather trousers, dead giveaway

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Hahahaha

So thats what German narcs look like? Fucking leather trousers, dead giveaway

The doorman didn't say anything specific to me, just "you're not coming in". Later on the owner of the place told me that the guy thought I'd be an undercover cop and wanted to keep the party idiot free. Good thinking, bad execution.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Once I wore leather trousers, a t-shirt and fancy jacket. When I wanted to get back to the club after I had smoked a cig outside, the doorman did not want to let me back in because he thought I was a cop. Almost missed my own gig.

249880-fist-of-the-north-star-omae-wa-mo-shindeiru.gif

xROTx

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
That time again.

“The World Cup starts on Thursday, 20 July with opening matches involving hosts Australia and New Zealand.
New Zealand face former winners Norway at Eden Park in Auckland. Kick-off is at 08:00 BST.

Co-hosts Australia start their campaign against the Republic of Ireland at the Sydney Stadium in Australia at 11:00.

The final will be held in Sydney on Sunday, 20 August, kick-off 11:00.“

I made this thread half as a joke 4 years ago, but I actually really enjoyed the women’s world cup. It’s a slower but often more tactical game than men’s football. There’s less showboating and players arrogance in the women’s game as well.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
That time again.

“The World Cup starts on Thursday, 20 July with opening matches involving hosts Australia and New Zealand.
New Zealand face former winners Norway at Eden Park in Auckland. Kick-off is at 08:00 BST.

Co-hosts Australia start their campaign against the Republic of Ireland at the Sydney Stadium in Australia at 11:00.

The final will be held in Sydney on Sunday, 20 August, kick-off 11:00.“

I made this thread half as a joke 4 years ago, but I actually really enjoyed the women’s world cup. It’s a slower but often more tactical game than men’s football. There’s less showboating and players arrogance in the women’s game as well.
All true but I still don't care about it.

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
I don't see it mentioned in the post game recap but I thought I saw a offsides goal by the US (Morgan).
I don't understand offsides in these situations, that's your fault if you don't have people down there.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
I don't see it mentioned in the post game recap but I thought I saw a offsides goal by the US (Morgan).
I don't understand offsides in these situations, that's your fault if you don't have people down there.

Rule is to prevent “cherry picking,” if what you say is in effect it would probably be an even more boring game as teams would just keep all defenders back and there probably would be less of an attack from the midfield on as teams would rely on an even more defensive posture. There would also be less midfield play as teams would heave the ball up the field. If Americans think 0-0 is bad now… it would be an even more common score.

I would be supportive of points for an overtime loss but every game ending in a shootout or golden goal.

Also I can’t stand woman’s soccer anymore the US team really turned me off.

Last edited:

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
Rule is to prevent “cherry picking,” if what you say is in effect it would probably be an even more boring game as teams would just keep all defenders back and there probably would be less of an attack from the midfield on as teams would rely on an even more defensive posture. There would also be less midfield play as teams would heave the ball up the field. If Americans think 0-0 is bad now… it would be an even more common score.

I would be supportive of points for an overtime loss but every game ending in a shootout or golden goal.

Also I can’t stand woman’s soccer anymore the US team really turned me off.
You could very well be the 100th person to explain it to me.

Still
Don't
Care

Netherlands coach talking shit after the game about how we're a young team.

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
If Americans think 0-0 is bad now… it would be an even more common score.
It was the score this morning.
Netherlands beat Vietnam 7-0 placing first.

US to go on to the knockout round to play... maybe Sweden?

sirlynxalot

Enemy Chaser
Fagit of the Year
Are there any mtf transgender players in these professional soccer teams?

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
The crazy part of that is realizing that women are paid more for what they are doing than men are.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/mikeoz...ween-men-and-women-is-justified/#128522a06da4

I looked into it, soccer sells more tickets than hockey or basketball.
The women are a big part of the draw, they sell the tickets.

https://www.espn.com/soccer/story/_...tives-passes-equal-pay-bill-us-women-athletes
They've won several equal pay lawsuits and got a bill passed.

US VS Sweden
The match will air on FOX and the FOX Sports app at 5AM ET August 6th / Sunday, with coverage beginning at 4 a.m. ET.

Last edited:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I looked into it, soccer sells more tickets than hockey or basketball.
The women are a big part of the draw, they sell the tickets.

https://www.espn.com/soccer/story/_...tives-passes-equal-pay-bill-us-women-athletes
They've won several equal pay lawsuits and got a bill passed.

US VS Sweden
The match will air on FOX and the FOX Sports app at 5AM ET August 6th / Sunday, with coverage beginning at 4 a.m. ET.
Hey bud what's your fucking problem? Who TF are you to reply to wasabi?

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
Tied game @ 90
2 extra 15 minute periods and a shootout if there's still not a winner.

US has been dominating but it's like they aren't taking the shot, they stand there and think about it.
When they do it's a wild kick.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
When are we going to stop pretending that women‘s sport is actually good?

if people can’t see this whole women’s sport push is just to bring in more revenue they must be fucking dense. The second, third, fourth division of any men’s sport will be better than the top women’s competition but it doesn’t bring in a different audience “revenue stream” so it gets no air time. You’re being played like a fiddle, wake up.