Wonder woman

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
I don't ever read reviews for any artistic media.

The movie thread is the only place I go to for reviews. EW pretty much nailed our demographic and there are often differing opinions.

Why look elsewhere? Other than it isn't organized:keke:

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
She's a warrior monarch of a clan of people that dates back to ancient Greece. Of course she's going to have a sword. They've made a much bigger deal about it since the New 52 but she's had a sword forged by Hephaestus that can cut a single electron off an atom for decades, as far as I can recall.

This guy fucks!

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
why do people give so much credit to rotten tomatoes?

I feel that at one time, RT used to be fairly accurate in terms of their ratings. I know it's not accurate, but I always thought of their scores as "inside this film's target audience, this % will enjoy it". I never viewed it as this kids film at 78% is better than this adult film is at 62%.

The problem is the fanboys and SJW's have taken over and we're beginning to see films/shows graded on bullshit that has nothing to do with the film's merit.

It really seems that WW may be a solid superhero film...but mixed in those reviews are the SJW faggots giving it a high score simply because the main star has a vagina. At this point, it's a tainted pool of data.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Saw it last night.

It's the first legit good DCEU film.

Characters I care about that have true chemistry with one another, fun action scenes, heroic ideals and people in a super hero movie being noble and heroic. I'm so glad this isn't another post-modern, morally relative deconstruction effort. Most people don't know how to properly tell those kinds of stories using pop culture icons whose function is to provide static, immutable throwaway entertainment, so I'm glad that they went with a straight, fun, simple take.

The film is NOT 'the greatest super hero movie of all time' and it's not as good as you've been hearing. It has some problems and a few too many ideas in it.

But Gal Gadot is convincing as a young Diana, Chris Pine is excellent as Steve Trevor and it's engaging cinema.

I'd probably give it a 3.75 out of 5.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
As long as it's not a bunch of pretentious Christopher Nolan horseshit or a bunch of Sam Raimi cheeseball "you mess with Spidey you mess with all of NYC because 9/11" shit I'll be happy.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I feel like Sam Raimi was screwed by his studio on spiderchild. It was so much shit without his fingerprints.

famicommander

15 Year Member
All I know is it's 2017 and there still isn't a good live action Spiderman film. Homecoming had better deliver.

I thought the first Raimi Spidey was good at the time but watching it now... no thanks.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
The Raimi Spider-Man films did not age well.

They have their moments. One of my favorite 'super hero' moments in any film ever was the scene where Spidey deals with the train situation in Spider-Man II. Specifically, putting himself at risk to save the train full of people.

I consume different types of pop culture to receive different kinds of enjoyment. When I watch a movie about people in silly costumes calling themselves super heroes, I want idealistic portrayals of super heroism. It's why Captain America still works for me as a concept all these years later, in a world with stories like Berserk, Game of Thrones and The Walking Dead.

However, perhaps dissonantly, even in those dark stories, it's always the characters who are the most optimistic and noble (Guts, Jon Snow, Rick Grimes) that resonate with me. Although it's naive, I like people that continue to hold on to hope. Characters that embrace moral relativism and immoral acts for the sake of pragmatism have given up on their human potential.

Last edited:

famicommander

15 Year Member
The train scene was hokey as fuck man. Try to watch it right now and not cringe.

The X-Men franchise is by far the best shared comkc book live action universe.

There are four X-Men films better than all the films in the MCU, DCEU, Nolanverse, or Burtonverse:
Logan
Days of Future Past: the Rogue Cut
Deadpool
X2

And I would even put the first X-Men at least on par with the best MCU films like Dr Strange, Iron Man, Winter Soldier, Avengers, Guardians, etc.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Yeah, see I just watched that scene a few days ago and I still liked it. Sorry to disagree with you.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Because aggregate sites nurture the laziness inherent in a one click culture.

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
The train scene was hokey as fuck man. Try to watch it right now and not cringe.

There are four X-Men films better than all the films in the MCU, DCEU, Nolanverse, or Burtonverse:
Logan
Deadpool
X2

And I would even put the first X-Men at least on par with the best MCU films like Dr Strange, Iron Man, Winter Soldier, Avengers, Guardians, etc.

I'd laugh and then ask if you're being serious but I know you are

Those X-Men movies are bullshit on film

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member

Logan
Deadpool
X2

This is laughable dude. All those movies you listed are complete jokes compared to The Dark Knight.

You like Logan? Did you not own a PS3?
The Rogue Cut? No ma'am. The extra scenes killed the flow; simple fanbois bait.
Deadpool? It was funny, but it lacked any sort of villain that could make Deadpool more than a series of dark zingers.
X2? No. Wash your hands and go to bed. Don't type that shit.

famicommander

15 Year Member
This is laughable dude. All those movies you listed are complete jokes compared to The Dark Knight.

You like Logan? Did you not own a PS3?
The Rogue Cut? No ma'am. The extra scenes killed the flow; simple fanbois bait.
Deadpool? It was funny, but it lacked any sort of villain that could make Deadpool more than a series of dark zingers.
X2? No. Wash your hands and go to bed. Don't type that shit.
So you're a pretentious douchenozzle who likes it when movie characters announce their narrative purposes directly to the audience. Got it. Also you like Cookie Monster running around in a cape preaching about not killing or spying on people while he kills and spies on people.

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
So you're a pretentious douchenozzle who likes it when movie characters announce their narrative purposes directly to the audience. Got it. Also you like Cookie Monster running around in a cape preaching about not killing or spying on people while he kills and spies on people.

A characterwho is mentally flawed is way more relatable than making the characters each handicapped and emo.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
The Daredevil Movie is better than most of the shit that comes out nowdays.

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
This film was a masterpiece when compared to Suicide Squad and Batman vs Superman.

I only went to see it based off of the positive reviews; I'm not much of a review reader,
but I've I was burned by the aforementioned films before. This was a solid and thoroughly enjoyable (albeit very safe and predictable) superhero film. I think Gal was the shining point of the movie, as she absolutely nailed Diana and definitely had me cheering her on. The villain(s) were a bit weak, but it didn't take anything away from it either.

Overall, I was very surprised and thoroughly enjoyed it.

It helped to wash some of the taste of Suicide Squad away .

90s

This is the hand that launched a thousand batches.
I really enjoyed the WW movie. Probably the superhero movie I have enjoyed the most so far this year.

sr20det510

Guerilla Warrior
I really enjoyed watching Wonder Woman last night.

Even though it is over two hours long, it didn't feel that long to me. (My girlfriend said it was a bit too long for her liking.)

The plot is very easy to follow. In addition, you get to see WW's development. So you feel as if you know what she is going through.

Great movie. I enjoyed it as much as GotG and Iron Man, my two favorite comic based movies.

Last edited:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I really enjoyed watching Wonder Woman last night.

Even though it is over two hours long, it didn't feel that long to me. (My girlfriend said it was a bit too long for her liking.)

The plot is very easy to follow. In addition, you get to see WW's development. So you feel as if you know what she is going through.

Great movie. I enjoyed it as much as GotG and Iron Man, my two favorite comic based movies.

Well,and how does her character fit into BvS? How do you feel about that?