Wonderswan

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
Do these types of things disappear quickly? I'm going to hold off for at least a few months before I buy a WS Color. Should I snatch up a screen ASAP? Or can I wait?

there is no telling - could go either way with this stuff. If you're worried about it, grab one now...but then, China is weird and there could be a better V2 released in the coming months. Or, they all dry up and are never seen again. No way to know.

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
Do these types of things disappear quickly? I'm going to hold off for at least a few months before I buy a WS Color. Should I snatch up a screen ASAP? Or can I wait?
What he said:
there is no telling - could go either way with this stuff. If you're worried about it, grab one now...but then, China is weird and there could be a better V2 released in the coming months. Or, they all dry up and are never seen again. No way to know.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Purchased. Got $2 off for joining AliExpress :lolz:

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
I've never really waded into the waters of WonderSwan, despite owning a Crystal and a Color for somewhere around a decade now. I think I may only have Final Fantasy, or FFIV, or both, I don't remember. Now that I'll have a lighted screen coming I'm going to have to buy some games.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
I've never really waded into the waters of WonderSwan, despite owning a Crystal and a Color for somewhere around a decade now. I think I may only have Final Fantasy, or FFIV, or both, I don't remember. Now that I'll have a lighted screen coming I'm going to have to buy some games.

It really stinks that devs didn't get on board. The yoko / tate setup could've made for some really unique games. I'd love a Macross game that switched orientations when changing between the three mech setups, for example.

But the library is 99% Bandai stuff. There are a handful of games worth playing, but it's definitely more of a curiosity than anything else.

Pretty Amy

Loyal Neo-Disciple
10 Year Member
I caved and ordered one. I have a pink Color that I got back in the day off eBay sealed for $35.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
It really stinks that devs didn't get on board. The yoko / tate setup could've made for some really unique games. I'd love a Macross game that switched orientations when changing between the three mech setups, for example.

But the library is 99% Bandai stuff. There are a handful of games worth playing, but it's definitely more of a curiosity than anything else.

It's kind of like a PC Engine, if you took away all the shooters, Hudson games and USA region games. What's left is a lot of licensed Toy, Anime and Manga games.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
Yeah...but having “nothing but Hudson games” is closer to paradise than Bandai torture (and I’m saying this as a big fan of both).

The biggest similarity between PCE and WS is that they both started out well rounded and eventually devolved to text based things mostly by the end. Most of the “good and normal” WS games are from the b/w period.

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
Untitled.jpg
Finally upgraded. The Swan Crystal has a front light and the wsc has a back light. Its night and day better. I never felt like the front light even was an upgrade.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
The front light on a Crystal thing is sort of pointless, IMO. The Crystal is very similar to the NGPC in that IF you have sunlight or fluorescent light it’s amazingly reflective and sort of it’s own cool thing. The front light doesn’t work that well and it adds a murky film over everything so it’s worse than OEM in good light. It’s only valuable in total darkness. Because of this I have two Crystals, one lit and one not.

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
The front light on a Crystal thing is sort of pointless, IMO. The Crystal is very similar to the NGPC in that IF you have sunlight or fluorescent light it’s amazingly reflective and sort of it’s own cool thing. The front light doesn’t work that well and it adds a murky film over everything so it’s worse than OEM in good light. It’s only valuable in total darkness. Because of this I have two Crystals, one lit and one not.
My grip about the front light is it could be so much better. A slider to control the level of light output and the option to completely turn it off would make it a much better option than it is right. However the backlite kits being so cheap has made it all but a moot point these days.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
My front light Crystal does have brightness control, it doesn’t help much.