World Cup 2018... OFFICIAL THREAD....

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
I've really been enjoying this world cup, it's just so unpredictable. I always like to pick a random team, it's like a competition between friends, and I went with Uruguay this year. Good to see them still doing well, but they're going to have a tough time Friday.

England have the best chance of getting to the final they'll probably ever get. They have the best players of any team left on their side of the bracket, I just hope they don't fall apart like they usually do.

Today I'd love to see Mexico take out Brazil and completely open up the competition.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
No red card for Layún? Where is your VAR savior now? Well, tainted by the human factor.

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
aa0.png

Is just one win in the knockout round since 1986 REALLY too much to ask? :(

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
GO JAPAN! 2-0

Edit

2-1

Shit lol

Last edited:

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
I agree. He is out of control. That faking injuries shit needs to stop.

He did get fouled a lot in that game but the ankle incident was ridiculous.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
He did get fouled a lot in that game but the ankle incident was ridiculous.

He does like every top player does but he was rolling around like he was on fire.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Hehe... or changing hairstyles. One per game IIRC? I mean, this is already way beyond Beckham then and now.

After Eric Cantona posted a video on Twitter with spaghetti on his head talking about Neymar, someone in the Brazil camp tipped Neyney off that the hairstyle had to go.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
^^Yeah, true that. The beauty parlor as an integral part of a modern player's psyche.

Today's on the menu a hard one for Rot's predictions: Sweden - Switzerland. It's like a fight of twins. Who's the evil one?

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
^^Yeah, true that. The beauty parlor as an integral part of a modern player's psyche.

Today's on the menu a hard one for Rot's predictions: Sweden - Switzerland. It's like a fight of twins. Who's the evil one?

Sweden vs Switzerland... Rot predicts Sweden... but this one is the battle of the "pragmatic" type of football teams you'd expect from EPL clubs who have little cash and resources...

Columbia vs England... Rot predicts EEENNNGGEERRR__LLUUNDD!!!... but has enough booze to counteract any disappointment :)

xROTx

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
EXTRA TIME MOFOS!...

Let the bore train continue...

xROTx

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Z'OMG... I got both predictions right!

TBH... the England match was boring as fook... the penalties sorta made me wet my pants tho...

xROTx

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
That was horrible, just like it always is.

Colombia played to drag us down but we kept focus and outplayed them over the 90 minutes. Once the equaliser went in the whole match flipped, we fell back into the England of old, lost shape, gave away easy balls and panicked.

So over the full 120 minutes it's certainly not clear cut we were the better team, but a win is a win and if penalties are a roll of the dice we were overdue.