World Heroes fans: Jet, worth owning alongside World Heroes 2?

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
I hope you tried it in MAME first. World Heroes is really love or hate.

I have both WH2 and Jet for both AES versions. But those two games are in one of my boxes and I haven't played then for 7 years............
The only console I can play it now is my CMVS so therefore I'm re-buying almost entire AES games in MVS format :D

vinnieboy1

New Challenger
I had jet sold it years back, played all four in the series. I only have perfect now which in my opinion plays the best but WH series overall is subpar compared to all the other great fighters out there. I keep perfect for nostalgia

Yagyu Jubei

Dodgeball Yakuza
I never liked the WH series. Just another me-too Street Fighter clone, nowhere near Capcom quality. 2 is probably the most playable. The rest are garbage, including Gangan.

konrad

Marked Wolf
For me the saga of alpha denshi world heroes are great games with many innovations was unjustly forgotten.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I like all of them. Jet has a clashing system not found in any other WH game, it's pretty cool. As cool as the Death Matches are, is not a deal breaker for me, I can do without. The coolest port of WH2 is for the SNES, higher speed and seesaw bar in normal matches if you want it to, pretty cool feature, makes a vs match last forever if you want it to.

WHP
WHJ
WH2
WH

I've always been a big fan of them era games, that look is awesome. At the top of SF2 times I like Karnov's a whole lot, I like the gritty look.

People call WH an SF2 clone and they're right but that's not a bad thing. I think the clone games are what make the genre evolve into what we have today. If it wasn't for Capcom, the SF2 bootlegs and SNK we wouldn't be having this conversation.

kaicer

Crazed MVS Addict
I love the series is one of the fighting games I play most. I have the first and second, hopefully perfect any day. But I always ended playing the second one most, I never liked too much Jet.

SNKNostalgia

Avid Neo-Expert
I only have WH Jet AES, which I bought in 2000. I kinda want to get WH 1 and 2, but not sure if I will play them too much. My only problem with Jet is the lack of variety in 1 player tournament mode and no individual story in the vs CPU mode. I guess WH 2 is more for me, so I may just go ahead and get it along with WH 1. Also, better to do it now before it becomes a $200 game or some crazy shit like with what happened with games like Burning Fight.

Oh wow, I logged in to ask this exact question and here it already is from just a few weeks back. I've read there are some gameplay differences between 2 and Jet and I see some of you saying that Death Match mode is gone in Jet but others saying that doesn't matter. I haven't played either since I was geez, 13 at most? How exactly do they play differently from one another?

Shanadria

New Challenger
I love the series but, to be honest, Jet seems like "much the same", with unbalanced characters and nothing new except for movements. Maybe with new graphics...

But, even with that, if you love the series, go for it! Its good to have all the games united:P

kingau

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I love WH series, WH2, WHP are the best by far,
But its an acquired taste and not for everyone.

also didn't WH come up with first bruce lee clone in fighting games ?...

Azathoth

Galford's Armourer
20 Year Member
The coolest port of WH2 is for the SNES, higher speed and seesaw bar in normal matches if you want it to, pretty cool feature, makes a vs match last forever if you want it to.

I liked the Death Match gimmick but hated the seesaw implementation in part 2, absolutely loved them putting in the option to play with a normal life bar in DM mode on that port. I also liked the 4-button punch/kick setup both this and the first SNES port had. Having dedicated weak/strong attack buttons but still being able to jerk a throw out with a shoulder button on WH1 is nice.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I DUNNO it's 2015 and I'd bet 20 bucks that any retard who bought Jet or Perfect or whatever would buy it, play through it once (using UNIBIOS) and then put it on the shelf for five years before considering playing it again

But that's just me

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
WHP is one of my Neo frequent fighters. Perfect is awesome, my favorite in the series.

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
I DUNNO it's 2015 and I'd bet 20 bucks that any retard who bought Jet or Perfect or whatever would buy it, play through it once (using UNIBIOS) and then put it on the shelf for five years before considering playing it again

But that's just me
Can I bet against that if I'm the retard that did so and played it again quite frequently with pals?

Phexe

Quiz Detective
I honestly prefer WH2 over Jet. WH1 and 2 are so fun to play in VS with the crazy deathmatch stuff going on. Haven't had a lot of time with Perfect, but for me 2>Jet.