World Heroes Perfect Article

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I like how they assume nobody played the game until the mid 2000's.

WHP is a good, perfectly competent real fighting game, but when I play it I end up wishing I was playing the earlier more broken titles. Perfect is a hell of a lot better than WH2, for example, but I generally don't play a WH game for srs bzns fighting, and I enjoy the broken deathmatches of the earlier games.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
yeah, but it is a SRK article, so half those kids dont know whats up with the 90's fighters besides the main stream titles. Good to see some exposure on these fighters. I really do wish they had a ultimate death match of some sorts on this game, but i got WH2 so im covered

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
WH2J is all you need, sucka.

SRK is full of elitist fagitz, anywayz.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy

I do love me some WH2J, its what ive played the most. But im all about fighters on the MVS and WHP is an essential that i have to have.

I was looking up a movelist when i came across this article actually lol

Last edited:

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
I do love me some WH2J, its what ive played the most. But im all about fighters on the MVS and WHP is an essential that i have to have.

Same here. Out of the World Heroes series I always tend to fall back on WH2J (even the old gameboy port from takara was fun) and WH1 just for the broken fun and deathmatches. A great series that I wish would have seen the light of day on the NGPC too.

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
My favorite fighting series on the NG based largely on sentimentality but I still enjoy it greatly and think it holds up well. As pointed out in the article, it has some unique and cool features.

The abundance of readily available World Heroes carts speaks to its (former) popularity.

For me: WH2>WHP>WHJ>WH

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
You guys ever notice in WHP the fighters eyes follow each other? If someone jumps, watch your fighters eyes next time.
Love the little details in this game.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
Same here. Out of the World Heroes series I always tend to fall back on WH2J (even the old gameboy port from takara was fun) and WH1 just for the broken fun and deathmatches. A great series that I wish would have seen the light of day on the NGPC too.
I dont think my bro has played death match yet, so im gonna have to introduce him to that when i move in. Itll be fun to play with him again. Me and him used to have salty SF/SFA matches all the time growing up.

My favorite fighting series on the NG based largely on sentimentality but I still enjoy it greatly and think it holds up well. As pointed out in the article, it has some unique and cool features.

The abundance of readily available World Heroes carts speaks to its (former) popularity.

For me: WH2>WHP>WHJ>WH
It def holds up well, i was watching some japanese tourney matches, game gets me hype lol
And yeah, it is a pretty hard cart to come by, dont see them in the wild that often. Guess they are keepers for sure.
Curious, why do ppl tend to like WH2 over WH2J in general? Besides it missing death match. Just on gameplay alone? Or is the fact it doesnt have death match the problem between the two?

You guys ever notice in WHP the fighters eyes follow each other? If someone jumps, watch your fighters eyes next time.
Love the little details in this game.
I havent noticed, the tourney matches i watched werent the greatest of quality. I will have to check this out first hand when my cart arrives in the mail in about 2 weeks. Small details are always cool and make you appreciate a already great game that much more.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster

Not to sound totally jaded, but there's some truth there. I've never bothered much with finding WHP because I was happy with Jet. Have to play WHP more to see the difference. Also SRK is a bunch of elieist fagitz for the most part.

Missile

Another Striker
WHP is the best in the series for me. Love how it plays and the detailed backgrounds. Also has those little secrets to find. It's just a shame that when they finally polished WH into a decent fighter, no one cared that much.

One of the most underrated fighting games on Neo Geo along with MOTW...

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
WHP is the best in the series for me. Love how it plays and the detailed backgrounds. Also has those little secrets to find. It's just a shame that when they finally polished WH into a decent fighter, no one cared that much.

One of the most underrated fighting games on Neo Geo along with MOTW...

Yeah, I plan to play it with friends and hope to get some more ppl on fightcade on this.
I would say kof03,whp and breakers revenge are way more underrated than motw. I would go as far as to say motw is overrated

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Yeah, I can see MOTW as overrated. It reminds me of 3rd Strike if the hardcore ST and Mahrvel fanboys didn't dis it all day. A game that a shit ton of people have played casually and liked for what little they played, but the fan base that really knows how to play it well is not that big.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
Dont get me wrong,im not knocking the game, its a good game i own it, I just find it to be overated. Its like ppl that dont even know much about neo fighters say MOTW is the best game ever! And they really dont know much about anything.
Great game, just overrated especially on FB

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Not to sound totally jaded, but there's some truth there. I've never bothered much with finding WHP because I was happy with Jet. Have to play WHP more to see the difference. Also SRK is a bunch of elieist fagitz for the most part.

You're claiming this as "some truth" yet you haven't played WHP enough to notice glaring differences.

What parts true?

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
WHP is not a whole lot different then WHJ. Both play roughly the same at least at 1st glance. The some truth comes with I haven't played a ton of it. So, maybe there is some new mechanic that will knock my socks off, but at 1st glance I don't see it.

Dont get me wrong,im not knocking the game, its a good game i own it, I just find it to be overated. Its like ppl that dont even know much about neo fighters say MOTW is the best game ever! And they really dont know much about anything.
Great game, just overrated especially on FB

No, I get where you're coming from and I said plenty to defend the two games I put on the spot there, but from my almost 20 years of playing Street Fighter III and 16 years of MOTW they are very similar on how people praise it. Another game that is totally overrated like that is Virtua Fighter (series). I hear shit tons of people praising it, but the people that actually want to learn and play it is even worse then 3rd Strike or MOTW. Even when they are guest characters in DOA5, I barely see anybody trying them. Maybe Jacky or Sarah since they are the easiest to learn.

Last edited:

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
WHP is not a whole lot different then WHJ. Both play roughly the same at least at 1st glance. The some truth comes with I haven't played a ton of it. So, maybe there is some new mechanic that will knock my socks off, but at 1st glance I don't see it.

No, incorrect. Make your judgements through playing, not glancing. That being said, even through a "glance" the differences are obviously apparent.
That's not even taking into account all of the wacky WHP exclusive mechanics illustrated in the article.

snkjoe

New Challenger
Pretty cool article about world heroes game it almost felt like i was reading them old egm magazines lol

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Seriously dood chill. Quit getting your panties in a bunch over anything you don't like. World Heroes as a series never caught my interest enough to sit there and perfect everything just so some dipshit such as yourself is satisfied that enough research went into a comment. You want to win an argument over me congrats I'll admit I don't know enough to say one way or another (reason why some truth was used and really need to play more), but the dipshit attitude is not necessary.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Seriously dood chill. Quit getting your panties in a bunch over anything you don't like. World Heroes as a series never caught my interest enough to sit there and perfect everything just so some dipshit such as yourself is satisfied that enough research went into a comment. You want to win an argument over me congrats I'll admit I don't know enough to say one way or another (reason why some truth was used and really need to play more), but the dipshit attitude is not necessary.

You frequently add misinformation to threads and I just can't help myself.

Missile

Another Striker
Yeah, I plan to play it with friends and hope to get some more ppl on fightcade on this.
I would say kof03,whp and breakers revenge are way more underrated than motw. I would go as far as to say motw is overrated

I was being a bit tongue-in-cheek with the MOTW comment. Personally I love it but I often see people here and in the Neo Geo community in general saying it's not that good or "its for noobz" . When really is it pretty damm good. It's become fashionable to slate it almost.

As for Breakers/Breakers Revenge it *was* underrated but now it seems everyone knows about it. I love that game too. I agree with 03 and WHP being underrated. So many people seem to hate the WHP series for the character designs and can't see past that. Breakers has a similar problem (many bland or SF rip-off designs) but people manage to see past those to the excellent gameplay

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Kinda not getting the SRK bashing, this isn't 2003 where they all hate KOF for no reason any more. If there's a better English resource for fighting game info I'd like to see it.