Worms coming out for XBLA this week

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
Shiggityputz said:
Anyone else pumped?

I have always loved the series. Any idea on the cost? I would pay 400 points, I don't know if I will pay 800.

PUNJABEE

Banned
I'm hoping its only 400, but knowing the past pricing for games, its probably going to be 800.

Phoenix Down

Flagstaff Up,
20 Year Member
I believe if I remember correctly it'll be 800 points.

Looking forward to this, although honestly I think Worms would work out very well on the Wii instead.

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
very pumped, big fan of worms 2d :)

got some extra points yesterday so i can grab it.

c u guys online!

Baseley09

Hair Group,
Is this actual worms a la the first Playstation version?

If so cool...not one version has been as classic since.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Baseley09 said:
Is this actual worms a la the first Playstation version?

If so cool...not one version has been as classic since.

This is incorrect. Worms 2 is the best... if you like to Ninja rope. If you suck at it, and don't do roping only matches, then I'm sure the others are cute.

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
Spike knows whats goin on :)

Worms 2 roping matches were the the only way to go. health drop every round, only using dynamite or grenades for weapons, 30 second turns. (if memory serves me correctly, I haven't played that game since the mid 90's).

We used to do some crazy ninja rope tricks in worms 2.

I would be pumped to see that on XBLA.

Baseley09

Hair Group,
Spike Spiegel said:
This is incorrect. Worms 2 is the best... if you like to Ninja rope. If you suck at it, and don't do roping only matches, then I'm sure the others are cute.

Ninja roping was an art form in normal PSX Worms tho.

Each to their own i guess, i thought in latter ones they introduced too many uneccessary weapons.

Kirk Foiden

James Tiberius,
Ninja Roping was a great artform, though I find it harder to agree it was ever done better than Worms AGA- Director's cut. It had crazy Ninja Rope movement, and so many ways to wrap around objects.

You also had so much control to make your own levels (Stencil Mode, where you can quickly use art tools to draw up your level in Seconds, before selecting a Theme, and have the engine put the theme to your land masses). You also had Two Layers of using your own pictures so you can make pictures into levels and a picture as a background layer, which only got parts blown off when explosives rocked that area.

Definitely my favorite overall version of Worms ever crafted. But that's not to say the other 2D ones were bad at all. Worms 2 was good stuff, but my heart goes to Worms AGA- DC.

not sonic

King of Typists,
15 Year Member
the weapon set in worms for xbla was cut back from all the excess in armageddon and world party.

there are still ninja ropes.

i never liked 1 or 2 that much.

armageddon and wp for me.

PUNJABEE

Banned
not sonic said:
the weapon set in worms for xbla was cut back from all the excess in armageddon and world party.

there are still ninja ropes.

i never liked 1 or 2 that much.

armageddon and wp for me.

I loved Armageddon.

The weapon sets were cut back!?! Aw man please tell me there's still a Holy Hand Grenade, Skunk Bomb, Sheep, Super Sheep and Granny Bomb.

not sonic

King of Typists,
15 Year Member
wormsxblaweaponsmenu.jpg

Bazooka

Homing Missile

Hand Grenade

Cluster Bomb

Banana Bomb

Dynamite

Air Strike

Shotgun

Machine Gun

Fire Punch

Dragon Ball

Prod

Blowtorch

Landmine

Exploding Sheep

Kamikaze

Ninja Rope

Girder

Jetpack

Teleport

Skip Turn

Surrender

Kirk Foiden

James Tiberius,
Ok. Holy hand Grenade, Super Sheep, and Old Woman (granny bomb) had been a Worms Standard. Those 3 in particular have traditionally been *special* weapons which only came from Crate drops and weren't in the traditional set inventory. They might still be in there.

Those 3 were well engraved in Worms since Worms AGA Director's Cut. A version that still predates most of the PC ones. Mad Cow was introduces in Director's Cut, but I don't think it made it into any others. The cool thing about MAD COW was that it had a secret. It either fired 3 running jumping cows in one direction, but if you released it in Mid Air, during the straight-up jump; it fired cows in both directions from the worm. Of course, not all the time would you use the jumping version as it can lead to friendly fire.

Still, the ones shown are the main weapons that matter for good worms gameplay; the others are gravy, though they are good gravy. The shown weapons here are the traditional weapon-set. However, in the very old-school style; the Bananna bomb, Jet Pack and Teleport, were often configured to be acquired by Crate Drop only. Sometimes, people elected to set things up so teams started with a couple of Jetpack uses.

Last edited:

not sonic

King of Typists,
15 Year Member
i think the most glaring omission is the baseball bat. :crying:

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
not sonic said:
i think the most glaring omission is the baseball bat. :crying:

NO FUCKING SHIT!!

that was by far, along with the shotty and dynamite my most used and fav weapon.

:very_ang: :very_ang: :very_ang: :very_ang: :very_ang: :very_ang:

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
not sonic said:
just played it.

super awesome.

indeed, i dig it.

only things i wish for after playing it is the ability to turn off the background (i find it distracting and don't really like the look of it anyway).

and of course the baseball bat. nothing better than hitting someone out into the water with the little baseball game tune playing... replays of that would rock sooooo hard!

hope to meet some ng.com guys online, look out for my "beelzebubblaz" and the "cool" rap inspired member names :)

Timorous Scott

Raiden's Valet
I got the trail of this and was pretty impressed. I haven't played the game in years but picked it up pretty fast. I'll buy the full version later this week I'm sure, and maybe I can play a few games with you guys.