WTB a couple of Atomiswave Boots

DeadPixels

Beast Buster
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Hey guys, I just recently snagged an Atomiswave mobo and I'm looking for a couple of games to break the hardware in with to see how I like it. I know AliBaba and AliExpress still offer boots for a pretty reasonable price, but waiting for EMS shipping is always a drag that I'd rather avoid.

That said, if anyone has any repro copies of Knights of Valour: The Seven Spirits, FOTNS, Dolphin Blue, or anything else they're looking to get rid of, let me know.

Thanks.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
294   0   0
A few guys here been looking for the boots but they seem harder to come by now in days. I could use a NGBC and Samsho 6.

DeadPixels

Beast Buster
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Damn, talk about timing lol. At least I have Guilty Gear Isuka and KoF Neowave coming my way tonight courtesy of a local arcade op. Still, it sucks to see so many AliExpress and Alibaba sellers seem to have stopped providing them. Here's hoping they end up getting some new inventory. Honestly, the $75 for MS6 or Dolphin Blue that was mentioned in that thread isn't too bad.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
294   0   0
Damn, talk about timing lol. At least I have Guilty Gear Isuka and KoF Neowave coming my way tonight courtesy of a local arcade op. Still, it sucks to see so many AliExpress and Alibaba sellers seem to have stopped providing them. Here's hoping they end up getting some new inventory. Honestly, the $75 for MS6 or Dolphin Blue that was mentioned in that thread isn't too bad.

I think that $75 for a boot is pretty rough. I remember ordering them from Aliexpress years ago for $45 shipped from China. Years ago you could have found originals selling for that price.

Last edited:

DeadPixels

Beast Buster
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I think that $75 for a boot is pretty rough. I remember ordering them from Aliexpress years ago for $45 shipped from China. Years ago you could have found originals selling for that price.

I hear you, I remember those days fondly. I know they could be found for nearly half that a few years back, but this hobby has gotten crazy over the past few years. I wouldn't be thrilled to drop that much on a boot, mind you. It's just not a deal-breaker if the quality is up to snuff, that's all.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
294   0   0
I hear you, I remember those days fondly. I know they could be found for nearly half that a few years back, but this hobby has gotten crazy over the past few years. I wouldn't be thrilled to drop that much on a boot, mind you. It's just not a deal-breaker if the quality is up to snuff, that's all.

Let me know if you find them. I could even help you with shipping if you find some sort of bundle deal. I'm looking for KOFXI, NGBC, MS6, SAMSHO6, KOV, even Demolish Fist if the price is right. Like Madman mentioned, a few other member are looking for boots as well.

DeadPixels

Beast Buster
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Let me know if you find them. I could even help you with shipping if you find some sort of bundle deal. I'm looking for KOFXI, NGBC, MS6, SAMSHO6, KOV, even Demolish Fist if the price is right. Like Madman mentioned, a few other member are looking for boots as well.

Will do!

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
95   0   1
there's only a couple original AW games that have been priced around 45, KOF Neowave and GG Isuka, maybe even demolish fist but that was eons ago. MS6, SS6, FotNs, RF2, Dolphin Blue has always commanded about 4 times that value. Bootwise, yeah 50 bucks a boot during the good days wasn't out of the question but shit has gone up, 75 bucks isn't out of the question in this day and age.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Rating - 100%
120   0   0
There was definitely a wave (HELLO!) for AWS pricing. When I first had a board back in like 07/08, getting MS6 and Dolphin Blue was almost impossible for a decent price which is why I ended up selling it. I think I only had Demolish Fist at that time. Then it seems teh boots kinda crashed the prices on the legit copies and now that teh boots have dried up prices are back up on both OG and Chinaman versions.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
294   0   0
there's only a couple original AW games that have been priced around 45, KOF Neowave and GG Isuka, maybe even demolish fist but that was eons ago. MS6, SS6, FotNs, RF2, Dolphin Blue has always commanded about 4 times that value. Bootwise, yeah 50 bucks a boot during the good days wasn't out of the question but shit has gone up, 75 bucks isn't out of the question in this day and age.

You are right, Inflation is a bitch. Original Atomiswave games back then were priced kind of high but you would come across deals often. I don't recall paying that much for most of my original Atomiswave games going about 5 years ago. I believe Dolphin Blue, FOTNS, MS6, and Guilty Gear X were some of the pricier games that could cost you over $120. SS6, KOV, KOFXI, NGBC you could find often for $80 and under.

Demolish Fist, KOV, and Neowave you could find for $40 sometimes or they would include one of these games for free if you purchased a Mobo.

When the Chinese boots came out it was awesome and I remember being able to get bundle deals of a Atomiswave Mobo and 5 games for $300 through AliExpress. Don't know what happened but all that shit disappeared. I know Alibaba has Atomiswave games but it seems kind of shady.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
The most expensive boot i bought was Rumble Fish2, i think the seller wanted $75 plus shipping, which came to about $90. Most of the boots were $40 or less...I just bought kof new wave original for $20 last month. Only game im looking for is Neo-geo Coliseum & Extreme Hunting 2.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
95   0   1
Samsho 6 original has never been as cheap as NGBC or NeoWave or any of the cheaper titles. The 3 more expensive titles have always been FOTNS, SS6, MS6. The second tier would be Dolphin Blue, RF2, GGX. Third tier would be RF, NGBC. The rest of the games lay in the low bracket. There is only 13 games worth a while for the system. The rest of the shit, like speed whatever and pigfootball is all trash, not worth having.

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
461   0   0
GGX 1.5 has been and still is much more than FotNS. FotNS is available in every JP shop, in plentiful numbers for $140-150. You can't find GGX 1.5.

Maximum Speed is good, very good, but requires wheel/pedal setup - too much room.

Dirty Pigskin Football is a near perfect arcade style game. Simple controls, easy to teach - extremely fun. I don't have folks over to play games often, but it has been a hit every time - also is in the MS6 / SSVI price range.

Animal Basket is another gem and the priciest game on the system.

I've never seen where RF2 hasn't been higher, by quite a bit, to MS6 from 2010-2016. They have gotten much closer the last year.

Last edited:

jeffkun34

Science will find a way!,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
102   0   0
If anyone ever finds a decent place to get these please update the thread. I really want to play Metal Slug 6 with my stepson but I'm not looking to pay for an official cart unless it is a deal.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
95   0   1
GGX 1.5 has been and still is much more than FotNS. FotNS is available in every JP shop, in plentiful numbers for $140-150. You can't find GGX 1.5.

Maximum Speed is good, very good, but requires wheel/pedal setup - too much room.

Dirty Pigskin Football is a near perfect arcade style game. Simple controls, easy to teach - extremely fun. I don't have folks over to play games often, but it has been a hit every time - also is in the MS6 / SSVI price range.

Animal Basket is another gem and the priciest game on the system.

I've never seen where RF2 hasn't been higher, by quite a bit, to MS6 from 2010-2016. They have gotten much closer the last year.

Wrong, FotNS used to sell for a lot more than GGX 1.5, you weren't around when AW was hot, the way I explained it is how it was, maybe things have changed now but still.

madman

Rating - 100%
120   0   0
EG trying to act like he knows about Atomiswave, can't even tell a boot from original. However he can tell you if your Dyson is a Chinese reproduction or not.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
294   0   0
Wrong, FotNS used to sell for a lot more than GGX 1.5, you weren't around when AW was hot, the way I explained it is how it was, maybe things have changed now but still.

I don't know Chris, GGX 1.5 is kind of rare. You hardly ever see it around on the forums, Ebay, or Yaj. When I had a nice Atomiswave collection years ago before the boots, that was the game I paid the most for. FOTNS was kind of pricey but it was very common. You could get FOTNS anywhere.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
That said, if anyone has any repro copies of Knights of Valour: The Seven Spirits, FOTNS, Dolphin Blue, or anything else they're looking to get rid of, let me know.

Hit up madman - he has a bunch of bootlegs he's been passing off as legit.

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
EG trying to act like he knows about Atomiswave, can't even tell a boot from original. However he can tell you if your Dyson is a Chinese reproduction or not.

I think you meant to say Lawnboy pushmower instead of Dyson.

mjmjr25

10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
461   0   0
If anyone ever finds a decent place to get these please update the thread. I really want to play Metal Slug 6 with my stepson but I'm not looking to pay for an official cart unless it is a deal.

The only place I know of is Alibaba, but not on Alibaba proper, in their marketplace where there is less scrutiny and you can sell used items, etc.

Only a couple sellers and each require minimum order of (10) pieces at $39/pop, plus $50-75 shipping depending on seller, so about $45 per cart, then another $3 or so for someone to ship to the other 9 buyers - so figure $48 total per cart.

https://wholesaler.alibaba.com/prod...pm=a2700.7782932.1998701000.15.187bd15bpFTU9S

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
95   0   1
Really? lol, WTF.

GGX 1.5 was 150 from Chief
Hokuto No Ken was 250 from KitKit

I dunno motherfuckers, you make the math. God damn some stubborn POSs think they know it all.

mjmjr25

10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
461   0   0
Disagreeing with another person doesn't make them stubborn or a POS. It means they disagree. You jump to dramatic ends so fast.

I don't know prices of kits on release, or immediate secondary market value. I've been into Atomiswave since 2011 and at no point has FotNS been close to GGX 1.5. FotNS has been and still is plentiful in every JP and CN shop. It's been at $110 low to $150 high. GGX 1.5 has been $200-300 that entire time. Maybe 10 years ago things were different. This is the recent history and as someone who has scoured for atomiswave protos and rares - FotNS is available in numbers at least 15x, maybe 20x more plentiful than GGX 1.5.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
95   0   1
What's this shit?

It's a fucken fact, some of you weren't there but are quick to fill your mouths saying "never" like where the fuck do you get off?! I didn't mentioned KOFXI being worth a lot, 'cause even though it did, it was only for a very short time. FotNS retain a higher price for a while. SO there's only 13 games worth having in the system, FotNS used to be up there with MSlug 6 and Samsho6, there's a reason those were the last games I got. It's crazy, you get a little bit of trust and all of the sudden you think you're the shit.

They are stubborn POS...

sNHx1FN.jpg

...how's that for dramatic ends?!

Edit: Ha ha, this guy here thinks we gotta hold hands and play cumbaya.

Last edited:

madman

Rating - 100%
120   0   0
What's this shit?

It's a fucken fact, some of you weren't there but are quick to fill your mouths saying "never" like where the fuck do you get off?! I didn't mentioned KOFXI being worth a lot, 'cause even though it did, it was only for a very short time. FotNS retain a higher price for a while. SO there's only 13 games worth having in the system, FotNS used to be up there with MSlug 6 and Samsho6, there's a reason those were the last games I got. It's crazy, you get a little bit of trust and all of the sudden you think you're the shit.

They are stubborn POS...

sNHx1FN.jpg

...how's that for dramatic ends?!

Edit: Ha ha, this guy here thinks we gotta hold hands and play cumbaya.

18kx9t3on9n28jpg.jpg