10   0   0
posting this for wasabi:
  • Metal Slug 2 (JPN)
  • Metal Slug 4 (JPN)
  • Waku Waku 7 (JPN)
  • Big Tournament Golf
  • Metal Slug 1 (if the seller is legit)
  • Pulstar
if you respond here, i'll let him know. otherwise, you can communicate directly with him at: mashti@gmail

Last edited:

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
He's just missed a nice looking copy of BTG on YHJ!... not sure what it went for... I stopped looking after it soared over a ¥1 million.

yagamikun

Art of Typing Wiz
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
I'm confused - these games, although "rare," aren't hard to find. If he's against buying from Japan (which he's resisted in the past), he won't find many of these titles for "good deals" in the US - private sales, ebay, doesn't matter.

I mean, I got a CIB excellent condition copy of Waku 7 from Suru just last month for $1300 LESS than the cobbled together copy Shawn has on the Neo Store right now with a Repro case.

If he wants Japanese games, buy from Japan. It's silly at this point not to - you literally save thousands and can often find what you're looking for immediately or with just a bit of patience. 🤷‍♂️

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
I'm confused - these games, although "rare," aren't hard to find. If he's against buying from Japan (which he's resisted in the past), he won't find many of these titles for "good deals" in the US - private sales, ebay, doesn't matter.

I mean, I got a CIB excellent condition copy of Waku 7 from Suru just last month for $1300 LESS than the cobbled together copy Shawn has on the Neo Store right now with a Repro case.

If he wants Japanese games, buy from Japan. It's silly at this point not to - you literally save thousands and can often find what you're looking for immediately or with just a bit of patience. 🤷‍♂️

Knowing Wasabi, I'm not sure he's necessarily looking for good deals as much as he's just looking to buy expensive things from someone that isn't a faceless store on the other side of the world or some sleazeball on ebay. If someone has the games, he's got the wheelbarrow of cash.

Bar81

Note to self, Place interesting, Custom rank here.
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Knowing Wasabi, I'm not sure he's necessarily looking for good deals as much as he's just looking to buy expensive things from someone that isn't a faceless store on the other side of the world or some sleazeball on ebay. If someone has the games, he's got the wheelbarrow of cash.

Plus good luck with getting any money back if you buy a boot - BTG and MS1 are the two most counterfeited Neo games in existence.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
80   0   0
I've got everything on his list, but he's gotta pick up at the Pittsburgh airport.

Spoiler:
Free bump for wasabi.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I don't follow teh drama around here but I miss his posts. If he won't come back because he was demodded he should grow a pair.

Why was he demodded anyway? Just caught some of the fire meant for rot?

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
92   0   0
I don't follow teh drama around here but I miss his posts. If he won't come back because he was demodded he should grow a pair.

Why was he demodded anyway? Just caught some of the fire meant for rot?
He had sex with Shawn's gran

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
119   0   0
You should ask wasabi for pictures of his current collection and then post picture in the collection gallery on his behalf. :vik:

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
My buddy has Metal Slug 1 Japanese but, not sure I'd bother. He wants way too much for it.

IIRC, he bought one from 16-bit about a dozen years ago. Why'd he sell it?

Jon

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
My buddy has Metal Slug 1 Japanese but, not sure I'd bother. He wants way too much for it.

Jon

Why do any of us? I regret selling all my high-end AES games (that I actually enjoyed playing)... but it was what I wanted to do at the time.

But, yeah, I thought he already had most of these games.

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Why do any of us? I regret selling all my high-end AES games (that I actually enjoyed playing)... but it was what I wanted to do at the time.

But, yeah, I thought he already had most of these games.
The time for rebuying games you regret selling sailed 10+ years ago, sadly. Doubly so for AES games.

Have to wonder if this is less about getting them back and more to do with bragging/investing.

In case anyone was curious, last I checked, my friend wanted $60k for MS1, which is overpriced, IMHO, by $40k. Before you think that is ridiculous, Shawn was fully prepared to do a consignment deal in the Neo Store for him.

Jon

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
The time for rebuying games you regret selling sailed 10+ years ago, sadly. Doubly so for AES games.

Have to wonder if this is less about getting them back and more to do with bragging/investing.

In case anyone was curious, last I checked, my friend wanted $60k for MS1, which is overpriced, IMHO, by $40k. Before you think that is ridiculous, Shawn was fully prepared to do a consignment deal in the Neo Store for him.

Jon

Oh, I totally agree... hindsight is a wonderful thing, no?

$60k?? More power to him if he can get that, hell, even half that. Unless money was, literally, of no object to me, I'd never pay that kind of money for a videogame. I'd sooner invest the cash in a collectible car.

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Oh, I totally agree... hindsight is a wonderful thing, no?

$60k?? More power to him if he can get that, hell, even half that. Unless money was, literally, of no object to me, I'd never pay that kind of money for a videogame. I'd sooner invest the cash in a collectible car.
I wish I could get into the specifics of the "provenance" of this particular copy of the game but, he is a friend, and don't want to drag his name through the mud.

Let's just say that between him getting the game, and, being asked if it were for sale, the price increased nearly tenfold. Not an exaggeration, either.

This is less than a year between buying and trying to sell it, BTW.

Jon

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
57   0   0

Jon
Mega virgin returns!