WTB: Cadillacs and Dinosaurs CPS1

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Thanks Loegan, that's really decent of you to think of my hunt for this game! I'll get in touch with Robotronguy for more details. I might settle for a board like this while I wait for Tyranix to get tired of his and sell it to me ;D

:mr_t:

---

I case you ever wonder why some boards are missing a top: Some OP's throw the top part of the case away when the fan goes bad and starts making lots of noise. They could save the part, and the trouble, if they'd just replace the bad fan.

Last edited:

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
This is definitely a tough one. You can buy one right now if you don't mind spending $700-$800. Ridiculous.

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
I hope you got that one of KLOV, a while back.

Iirc, the board was missing the top, but other than that it was a really good deal.

THE1337ROB

New Challenger
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I swear to god, one sold on ebay a few months ago for around $50...in all likelihood, a conversion, but still at these prices, who the hell really cares if the eprom is burned, as long as it's being run on original hardware?

You should ask Ken at The Game Room in Utah. He has shit tons of arcade boards for sale, or at least he did the last time I talked to him.

loegan43

I've served my time in the Dark Army., Have you?,
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
450   0   0
http://www.ebay.com/itm/CADILLACS-A...522?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item232de88912

This one? There have been several bootleg C&D boards sold on Ebay. None of them play as good as the original. Even the CPS1 converted bootlegs (running on capcom original hardware) are done well. All of them have issues. There's a thread over at KLOV that points out the shortcomings of the CPS1 conversion.

Maybe this is the one you're talking about, it's on original CPS1 hardware (conversion/bootleg) and has the graphical glitches that are described in the KLOV thread

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cadillacs-A...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Last edited:

THE1337ROB

New Challenger
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
http://www.ebay.com/itm/CADILLACS-A...522?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item232de88912

This one? There have been several bootleg C&D boards sold on Ebay. None of them play as good as the original. Even the CPS1 converted bootlegs (running on capcom original hardware) are done well. All of them have issues. There's a thread over at KLOV that points out the shortcomings of the CPS1 conversion.

Maybe this is the one you're talking about, it's on original CPS1 hardware (conversion/bootleg) and has the graphical glitches that are described in the KLOV thread

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cadillacs-A...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Yeah, the one I saw was the first that ended on Aug. 3rd. I almost bought it myself. I wasn't aware that these conversions were such glitch bitches. Thanks for letting me know though man. <Off to read the KLOV thead and get edu'macated>

Last edited:

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
I hope you got that one of KLOV, a while back.

Iirc, the board was missing the top, but other than that it was a really good deal.

I just couldn't do it; at the price he was asking with a missing cover, I don't mind being patient.

I swear to god, one sold on ebay a few months ago for around $50...in all likelihood, a conversion, but still at these prices, who the hell really cares if the eprom is burned, as long as it's being run on original hardware?

You should ask Ken at The Game Room in Utah. He has shit tons of arcade boards for sale, or at least he did the last time I talked to him.

Thanks for the heads up Rob! I sent Ken an e-mail this morning, but turns out he sold all his Dino boards to a guy with an ebay store a month ago. So close :)

I just wanted to send out a big thanks to everyone here who has helped me in my hunt. I really appreciate and love the power of this community and that we do what we can to help each other.

...and with that, the hunt continues :D

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
Haven't bumped this in a while, still on the hunt. I've had some rough luck trying to get this, especially with sellers who will only ship within the U.S. I've gotten some great leads from many of you though, so thanks for all the help.

A month to go until my birthday, trying to see if I can make this happen by then :D

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
I'm not that versed on CPS1, but is this what you're looking for?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cadillacs-D...d=100034&prg=1079&rk=2&rkt=8&sd=271294373111&

Seems like a good price based on this thread too.

"Board was slightly damaged on transit due to mishandling by overseas courier service, plastic cover had a minor cracks that was repaired by supplier, However no damage was done on the circuit it was working 100% when tested. Please note board has no Q sound only a mono sound".

The price is excellent if the board worked properly. No Q sound is a deal breaker.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
I'm not that versed on CPS1, but is this what you're looking for?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cadillacs-D...d=100034&prg=1079&rk=2&rkt=8&sd=271294373111&

Seems like a good price based on this thread too.

"Board was slightly damaged on transit due to mishandling by overseas courier service, plastic cover had a minor cracks that was repaired by supplier, However no damage was done on the circuit it was working 100% when tested. Please note board has no Q sound only a mono sound".

The price is excellent if the board worked properly. No Q sound is a deal breaker.

This was the same one Loegan turned me on to a short while ago, (...I figured he would have sold it by now :spock:) but he isn't selling it outside of the U.S.

Thanks for trying though City!

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
Okay, so it's been 8 months and this board continues to elude me. Anyone gotten tired of theirs yet?

Tyranix, I know you must be bored of it by now...please...:crying:

Seriously though, still looking...

:help:

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
If only you lived in LA. :eek_2:

---

Spoiler:

Seriously though: Right now, keep tabs on jepjepjep.

He's been trimming down his collection for a while now. Only keeping "His Favorite Favorites."

Games that were keepers a year ago were sold six months ago.

And games that were keepers six months ago are now on the market.

Imho, you never know what's A-List boards are going to come off jep's shelf next.

The only boards I know for sure are safe are his Ketsui board, his DDP board, and his BATRIDER kit. He loves those games.

Last edited:

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Okay, so it's been 8 months and this board continues to elude me. Anyone gotten tired of theirs yet?

Tyranix, I know you must be bored of it by now...please...:crying:

Seriously though, still looking...

:help:

How far are you willing to go, because both Tyranix and Arcade Game have originals:keke::cool:

The game is hard to find because it was so on the down low when it was released for the arcade. Seriously you would have to be in your mid/late thirties to remember the comic/cartoon.

Last edited:

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
If only you lived in LA. :eek_2:

---

Spoiler:

Seriously though: Right now, keep tabs on jepjepjep.

He's been trimming down his collection for a while now. Only keeping "His Favorite Favorites."

Games that were keepers a year ago were sold six months ago.

And games that were keepers six months ago are now on the market.

Imho, you never know what's A-List boards are going to come off jep's shelf next.

The only boards I know for sure are safe are his Ketsui board, his DDP board, and his BATRIDER kit. He loves those games.

Thanks T, you're always a huge help!

How far are you willing to go, because both Tyranix and Arcade Game have originals:keke::cool:

The game is hard to find because it was so on the down low when it was released for the arcade. Seriously you would have to be in your mid/late thirties to remember the comic/cartoon.

I'm willing to up the bounty. My wife and I loved the comic and the cartoon, so marry that concept to a Capcom beat 'em up, and it's a recipe for success. I can't edit the original post, but again, I'm willing to go up.