WTB Capcom Cute Mini

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Jimmy. I'm not even breaking a sweat here man as I have gone after much worse on here. You can continue to salt all you want. The 2009 post was one of the 1st search results, that's not digging deep. I was actually gonna cut ya some slack, but you just continue to cry away. Now you are just bypassing the earlier conversation on that chassis. The issue with the scene nowadays is the thirst. The gotta get my cab and then when they obtain it, inside a few months they are an expert.

It is actually rather comical and sad as I spoke with my old boss, an arcade owner, family run and multi-generational for well over 40 years. We discussed newer generation hobbyists and how social media (not longstanding forums or the even older newsgroups) is becoming worse in the industry. How ppl are not listening to real experts or technicians, but inexperienced folks that EXAGGERATE their knowledge. Breaking monitors and other irreplaceable parts. Some can't even bother to learn basic electronics. DC and AC operation, practice soldering, or learn to read schematics and basic semiconductor components. If not, hire an actual experienced tech.

His son and I besides running more than one location, did a ton of house call repairs back in the 90s. Some were hobbyists still learning, but not going beyond their skill set. We even gave them advice. There is a reason why the Father with 40 yrs and Son with 30 yrs experience have been doing it for a living. Why to this day I still do component level repair for them on the side. Does that mean they are stupid? Nope, they can fix basic board level work, know mechanical redemption, arcade, and pinball well. Can recap and do basic chassis work and check tubes. Do full shops on pins with ease. Yet, they leave intermediate and advanced troubleshooting to me as they can move unto more pressing matters on location.

I understand the need and want to help ppl, but there is a point where you need to think about the advice you are literally typing and how well you actually know that subject matter.

Nowadays, ppl need to slow the hell down, actually read the older forums, and not just jump at buying something instantly off eBay or resellers. As that is a lot of the house calls and board level repairs I do get.

So when someone asks me for expertise on say a Windy II. A cab I have touched once in my life. If its not basic electronics and more cab specific, like its I/O and rear panel, I don't give them advice. I pass them onto someone I know with more experience fixing Windy IIs.

I never asked you before Robert, are you a engineer, programmer, etc.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
340   0   0
So Im full of shit because you have a large collection, are located in an area I said I was ignorant about, and is a tiny portion of the east coast at large. On top of that you seem defensive out of nowhere? Didnt mean to slight you homie by stating what ive experienced in trying to find interesting candies on the east coast that ARENT NEW ENGLAND.

I found some interesting candys for sale on the East Coast! ;)

http://villagebbs.com/forum/index.php?topic=43121.0

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
I never asked you before Robert, are you a engineer, programmer, etc.

- Engineer - no
- Programmer - If machine code counts and then automation control programming SCADA systems as side work after I got out of the military for water treatment.
- I did 4 years of trade school in Electronics
- 1 year of Co-op with Betson doing repairs
- 1994 - 2000: Arcade and pinball tech
- 2000 - 2003: USAF Aircraft Communications, Navigation, Radar, and Mission Systems Technician
Signed off on these Air frame: C-5. C-17, C-141, KC-10. KC-135, and C-17
- 2003 - 2006: USAF Airfield Seizure & Assessment Team Communications Chief
Cross-trained in CE for: Impact & friction testing, Aircraft load planning, Airfield Surveying
- Associate's Degree in Avionics

Changed career fields:

- Certified Soil Evaluator
- Currently working towards my Registered Sanitarian

djjimmyjames

NG.com Tattoo Artist.,
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
So I txt KC via phone and told him I have $900 ready to go and have talked to Michelle about shipping, she gave me a quote and am ready to roll. Now he’s not taking PayPal and wants a bank transfer or direct deposit. I see the dude has a ebay not sure what the deal is. Offered to pay the 4% fee I just don’t get why this guy is so hard to work with. Like I’m ready to roll take my money for your shit. Sucks I can buy a blast for $800 on eBay right now from him and pay with PayPal but can’t send him $900 for two Aeros and ya that makes no sense.

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
So I txt KC via phone and told him I have $900 ready to go and have talked to Michelle about shipping, she gave me a quote and am ready to roll. Now he’s not taking PayPal and wants a bank transfer or direct deposit. I see the dude has a ebay not sure what the deal is. Offered to pay the 4% fee I just don’t get why this guy is so hard to work with. Like I’m ready to roll take my money for your shit. Sucks I can buy a blast for $800 on eBay right now from him and pay with PayPal but can’t send him $900 for two Aeros and ya that makes no sense.

I would never wire transfer that guy. Only thing that saved my friend buying a VLX AMI L was it was on ebay and listed as original and working. Cab had a hacked up broadcast monitor inside it. If I didn't have ebay to threaten him with, he would have just ignored and moved on imo, as he gave me a hard time stating it was a real monitor from Taito. Which was a total lie.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Is he trying to pass it to you as a 'write-off' from normal business account, or to avoid taxes? :scratch:

Ding Ding Ding! He's trying to avoid taxes and eBay fees. Welcome to the world of Asian wholesale and importing. If you notice, his prices are $200+ higher sometimes if you buy through eBay because of this.

Last edited:

djjimmyjames

NG.com Tattoo Artist.,
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
He took a PayPal loan for 30k and every time he gets a payment from someone they take 30% of it.

djjimmyjames

NG.com Tattoo Artist.,
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Looks like I’m getting a few as is cabs an Astro and a Blast. Some winter project action. Not from KC though. Thank god for cool people that wanna help people out and make things happen.

djjimmyjames

NG.com Tattoo Artist.,
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Now he has raised the price on the Aeros to $600 for the rest of them. He will take PayPal now hmm $450x2 no PayPal =$900
$600x2 = $1200 - $400 for his PayPal loan charges = $800 lmao what a fucking joke. He’s saying though that the reason why he raised prices is that he had to part out the others to make these complete. Guy is so full of shit I can smell it from NY.

Last edited:

8bitForLife

Crazed MVS Addict
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I can kinda believe him. It took my friend and another norcal guy couple hours to pick out our 4. We pretty much got dibs as they were there on sunday morning afternoon. Thats probably were my coin bucket went as it's missing now since I had to wait 2 days before my other friend could take them to freight service dock

djjimmyjames

NG.com Tattoo Artist.,
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I can kinda believe him. It took my friend and another norcal guy couple hours to pick out our 4. We pretty much got dibs as they were there on sunday morning afternoon. Thats probably were my coin bucket went as it's missing now since I had to wait 2 days before my other friend could take them to freight service dock

Funny I asked him how much he wants for the junk ones and if I could see pics and two days later nota. I’m not trying to start shit so

I’m happy I didn’t get cabs from him
I got two from a dude I trust and have done business with before

Last edited:

8bitForLife

Crazed MVS Addict
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I dont think he was very happy with what they sent him. I just found out kc only had 14 out of the 40 cabs for people to choose from. Which I find odd. So A ether he kept the really good ones to sell at a higher price later or B they were really bad and he had to cannibalize the rest.

Ask him for pictures of the nice ones. I'm just curious