WTB: FDS Game (understandable for a non-japanese speaker)

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I figured I could try out the FDS part of my TwinFamicom some time - does anyone have a game with which they'd like to part and they can recommend?
(Postage shouldn't be too harsh for that even from the US? Does it survive customs/scanning by authorities?)

regards

Berry

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
Ai Senshi Nicol is a pretty good FDS exclusive release by Konami that isn't too hard to find. :)

Edit: I've bought many FDS titles from overseas and never had any functional issues with the disks themselves. Disk Systems on the other hand often are broken and need replacement belts and proper head alignment.

Last edited:

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
I've got a ton of FDS disks, what exactly are you looking for? There's plenty of FDS games that require no Japanese ability, but the majority of them are not exclusives and you've probably played most of them.

Disks you buy are rarely totally corrupt/unreadable but are often overwritten with other games. If someone has overwritten a disk at home with a consumer unit as opposed to one done at a kiosk there can be alignment issues if the person's FDS was not well-aligned to begin.

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Well I'd be either looking at releases that don't have a cart version or games with superior sound (Zelda? Metroid? Castlevania?) - then again those have (at least at the bay and stuff) a hefty price tag and I'd try out if the disk system even works on the twin fami I got from Lemony (I expect so - but as they are prone to error, that package went from the US to me and the drive was unused yet, who knows)

Last edited:

Jarofmayo

Morden's Lackey
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
There's a Pocky and Rocky game on the disk system that's worth a play. I'd recommend having the level maps on hand though, otherwise you're going get lost real quick.

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Thx ebinsugewa, I'm checking out the possibility of an everdrive for that, have to see if it fully supports the correct Sound too

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5 mit Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Arumana no Kiseki is a really great FDS exclusive game made by Konami. Its a total rip off of Indiana Jones and plays similar to Bionic Commando, except that you whip things at an angle. Great soundtrack. I picked up a copy of Zelda II for the FDS in a lot, I have no means of testing it but it was sold to me as working. I understand its a bit more text intensive than the first one so that may be an issue for you. If you want it its yours for 12 shipped.

http://i.imgur.com/FZfJ4MC.jpg

robot

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
Yea - Konami's output on the FDS is really worth checking out and the main reason I got my Twin.

Ai Senshi Nicol, Arumana no Kiseki, and Bio Miracle Bokutte Upa are all great games. Moero Twinbee on the FDS is 3 players at once thanks to the expansion port. Then you have Akumajo Dracula (Castlevania 1) which has save files. There's also Falsion and Esper Dream but I haven't tried either.

Aside from that, I'd also recommend Doki Doki Panic just to see how Super Mario Bros 2 USA came to be. It's inferior to SMB2 but still pretty neat. And the original tough as nails Super Mario Bros 2 that the USA never got until Mario All Stars (as Lost Levels) is on the FDS and worth playing.

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Bionic Jones? wtf! Defenitely interested, still would like to know beforehand if the Disk Everdrive is good because I'd rather get that one if it supports all games and plays like the original.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have an everdrive n8. It is just a standard cartridge slot everdrive but it supports roms from FDS, playchoice 10 and VS. systems. and runs them flawlessly.

Bonus points for putting your ED in a super tite Hello Kitty shell like I did.

Attachments

• IMG_20160710_154855.jpg
    IMG_20160710_154855.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 26

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Afaik the everdrive n8 does not play the disk sys Sound does it?

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5 mit Tapatalk