WTB: Hard to find Amiibos

Orrimarrko

Kula's Candy
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
Hey Guys,

Like many, many others, I'm kicking myself for not purchasing the Villager and Wii Fit Trainer Amiibos that I had in my hand one morning at Target.

I didn't know they would be part of the scalper's paradise, or I would have just gotten them that morning.

So, I have two boys, and we're trying to collect these darn things (along with Skylanders and Infinity...yes, I'm an idiot - but what fathers do for their kids.) I've wised up and pre-ordered Wave 3, but have missed out on some of these puppies.

Here's what I'm looking for:

Marth (1 sealed US version)
Villager (1 sealed US version)
Fox (1 sealed US version)
Captain Falcon (HOPEFULLY ALL SET ON THIS ONE)

Rosalina (x2; at least 1 sealed US version)
Meta Knight (x2; at least 1 sealed US version)
Lucario (1 sealed US version)
Shulk (1 sealed US version)

I also missed out on ALL of the exclusives, because I didn't even know about them - and of course, they're all sold out.

So, anyway, I'm not expecting charity or anything, but if anyone is able to help me out with any of these, I'm sure we could work out something.

I'm ONLY looking for US versions of these - no JPN, EUR, AUS, or whatever.

Thanks in advance for reading, and hopefully someone can help out an old dude.

Thanks,
Orri~

Last edited:

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
461   0   0
Fox is still mostly available at retail stores. The others not so much.

Of the others - i'd check all local gamestops for Pit and Captain Falcon --- i've heard they are steadily being restocked.

Marth, Villager and Trainer...you're likely stuck paying the premium now :/

Orrimarrko

Kula's Candy
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
Fox is still mostly available at retail stores. The others not so much.

Of the others - i'd check all local gamestops for Pit and Captain Falcon --- i've heard they are steadily being restocked.

Marth, Villager and Trainer...you're likely stuck paying the premium now :/

Thanks Mike. Yeah, Fox was usually around 1 or 2, here or there. Now he's gone everywhere I go.

If the stores here got Captain Falcon and Pit, they're never hitting the shelves. I have a couple of friends who work at different locations, and they've never even seen a Captain Falcon, but one saw one Pit (but it was a pre-order for someone.)

As for the first three, I don't mind paying a reasonable premium for US figures, but some of them are a bit over the top.

GeePM

Armored Scrum Object
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I JUST bought my C.Falcon today. Got lucky and got the last one at Gamestop. Buncha fuckin pokemon nerds were buying them and I got to the last one.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
Rating - 100%
325   0   0
I have this amiibo for sale if you want:

ubSQJ0Q.jpg

aoiddr

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
Since Amiibo aren't region locked, you can still find some of the rare ones on the foreign Amazon sites. Amazon UK and France are mostly out of stock on them, but Amazon Germany still has most of the hard to find ones. So you can order from them with your normal Amazon account and it'll ship to the US.

Orrimarrko

Kula's Candy
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
Since Amiibo aren't region locked, you can still find some of the rare ones on the foreign Amazon sites. Amazon UK and France are mostly out of stock on them, but Amazon Germany still has most of the hard to find ones. So you can order from them with your normal Amazon account and it'll ship to the US.

Aside from the packaging, are they identical?

Thanks.

Zangrief

Kula's Candy
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not arguing with you, as I've been a fool many times over, but it is what it is.

No different than paying inflated prices for any video game.

I'm just glad I'm not 'in the game' with these consoles, otherwise I'd likely be throwing elbows at you in line.

aoiddr

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Rating - 100%
63   0   0

Thanks.

Yep, the only difference is the outside packaging is branded for a different country. The actual plastic figures, like the Disney Infinity ones, work anywhere.

Shivan128

Mr. Big's Thug
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Thanks.
No they are not. On the bottom of the figure, the Japanese versions have an additional text, "Nintendo/Intelligent systems." This is one way to determine if you got a US version figurine, if that's what you're ultimately looking to find out. (this is what i found on reddit anyway)

Edit: the us vs japanese figures are the same

Last edited:

Orrimarrko

Kula's Candy
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
No they are not. On the bottom of the figure, the Japanese versions have an additional text, "Nintendo/Intelligent systems." This is one way to determine if you got a US version figurine, if that's what you're ultimately looking to find out. (this is what i found on reddit anyway)

What about European versions?

Orrimarrko

Kula's Candy
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
Looking for the Villager and Fox US versions at this point.

If you can help, that would be great.

Thanks,
Orri~

Weevus

15 year old,
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
I got super lucky in a Best Buy a couple weeks ago and found a Little Mac. I should have bought a fox too, didn't realize those were going to be hard to find.

Shivan128

Mr. Big's Thug
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
So opened Amiibos are indistinguishable from each other? Confirmed?
Thanks.

The only thing that distinguishes the region is the packaging. The writing underneath the base is exactly the same on Marth, I can not say they are the same for all the others, but it's probably safe to make that assumption.

US Marth:
japanese_marth.jpg

Japanese Marth:
us_marth.jpg

Last edited:

Orrimarrko

Kula's Candy
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
Awesome - thank you!

I was planning on opening the Villager/Marth/Wii Fit Trainer that I ordered from Amazon.de, so this is great news.

Thanks again!