WTB: Hitachi GMK-29FS2 Monitor Control Board

yagamikun

Maxima's Barber
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Posted this WTB on the Vaps forums as well, but thought I'd check here too. Looking for the control/adjustment board for a Hitachi GMK-29FS2 for a Super Neo 29 Type 2.

The ongoing saga of my Type 2 cab...So, the chassis was rebuilt (recapped) by PNL. It works but the V-hold will not sustain the jumping picture for more than a few seconds. It looks like the original control board had some work done, but it looks a mess, honestly, and the work that was done is directly next to the V-Hold pot. At this point, I doubt it's the chassis and suspect that there is a break in the leads on the control board.

Anyone have a spare (probably not), or thoughts on where I could get one? No generics or other brand boards I've seen will work due to all the connections coming from the Hitachi chassis. This is becoming a rather large pain in my ass...I'm teetering on just selling the cab locally at this point and sticking with my supergun and Dynamo set up.

Thanks!

20210524_061823.jpg

20210524_061900.jpg

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
HOLY FUQ!
you try a multimeter to check continuity?
you could just replace the pot, no?

yagamikun

Maxima's Barber
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
I haven't had near this amount of trouble with my two US Dynamo cabs, so still learning what to look for and what not as I trouble shoot this bad-boy. Thanks for asking! :) Here's what I discovered last night. Should have put this in the original message.

All circled points in the image get a connection "beep" on my multi-meter, but the red-line connection points do not beep. Thoughts?

Screenshot 2021-05-24 111146.png