WTB: Last Resort and Top Hunter Case/insert/Manual

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Guys,
I came in possession of two loose AES carts. Namely Top Hunter and Last Resort. Both are the JPN version.
I wonder if anybody has any of these spare and is willing to sell them.
For me, it doesn't mather if it is US or JPN. Insert only or box with manual.

Thanks in advance!

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I'd probably just put them both in repro ones tbh
Unlikely anyone is going to have spares

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
didn't they come with cases?

cases:

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd probably just put them both in repro ones tbh
Unlikely anyone is going to have spares
They come in those Repro cases.
It was just a long shot asking for these. I assembled my Robo Army this way. Last year there was a Last Resort Case on ebay. But I didn't took the plunge then

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
77   0   0

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
lol... ok. Top Hunter nor Last Resort have their own specific box - they used softcases and if you want SNK original you could, if so inclined, hijack the box of any number of 1991 - 1995 era AES games (basically most games pre-Fatal Fury 3).

As for original inserts and manuals... while not out of the realms of possibility that loose ones would surface, I think you've got more chance of platting shit in the short term.

Neooldstore is your place for replacement items.

yagamikun

Art of Typing Wiz
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
I think these are the games I recently sold. :unsure:

I already outfitted them with repro vinyl cases and inserts from NeoOldStore, so I think he's just looking for legit cases and/or manuals. Which, to everyone's point, will be hard to find - especially so for Top Hunter.

Not impossible - I pieced together a CIB JPN Viewpoint this way recently, for example - just improbable.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
I think these are the games I recently sold. :unsure:

I already outfitted them with repro vinyl cases and inserts from NeoOldStore, so I think he's just looking for legit cases and/or manuals. Which, to everyone's point, will be hard to find - especially so for Top Hunter.

Not impossible - I pieced together a CIB JPN Viewpoint this way recently, for example - just improbable.
Can you even tell the difference between repro softcases and the originals?

I know there is one giveaway with the snap-locks, but the softcases look identical.

Johnny16Bit

Fio's Quartermaster
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know of two different kinds of repro soft boxes, and they can easily be told from the real deal when you have them in hand.
The better ones, the neo old store ones, have a very clean, tight, regular and flat transparent film, and the sides of the spine is slightly more angular than the original boxes. They are different, but excellent quality.
The inferior ones have a slightly less dark grey, and the film is much more loose.

yagamikun

Art of Typing Wiz
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
58   0   0

I know there is one giveaway with the snap-locks, but the softcases look identical.
The repro soft cases from NOS are good quality, but have a more defined pattern in the Vinyl than authentic cases. The plastic trays are also loosely fit inside instead of being adhered to the case like an authentic, so they are easy to replace if they crack - although, they are generally of sturdy quality and less brittle (mostly due to being new). Finally, they are marginally bigger (by a couple millimeters or so). You can't really tell with them sitting on a shelf with other AES cases, though. Posted some notes about repro materials in my article about bootlegs on my blog.

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

The inlays aren't glued down and the plastic is different. ( Different smell for sure) From afar you won't notice. But the clear plastic definitely has a different consistency /feel.

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The repro soft cases from NOS are good quality, but have a more defined pattern in the Vinyl than authentic cases. The plastic trays are also loosely fit inside instead of being adhered to the case like an authentic, so they are easy to replace if they crack - although, they are generally of sturdy quality and less brittle (mostly due to being new). Finally, they are marginally bigger (by a couple millimeters or so). You can't really tell with them sitting on a shelf with other AES cases, though. Posted some notes about repro materials in my article about bootlegs on my blog.
Yes, these are the games I bought from you haven't received them yet , but I thank you already for the good deal. I will put them in the repro case on my shelf but if I can find original case/insert. I won't hesitate to replace the repros

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
340   0   0
The original soft cases were shit tier quality and likely have new species of mold growing inside them at this point.

Good luck finding ones without destroyed trays or warped vinyl. I was still collecting home carts I would throw all the busted soft cases straight in the trash and replace with repros.