WTB: Masterpiece Transformers

The Chief

U.N. Apologist,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
272   0   0
I'm just looking to get into Masterpiece Transformers and thought this would be a good place to start since I remember people losing their shit when they came out. I don't have a single one as of yet and am only looking for new or mint in box condition. I've been doing some research on these and it seems the Takara Tomy versions have been knocked off to no end, that said I'm only after original Hasbro/Takara Tomy figures and would rather have the Hasbro versions where applicable. If anyone's got the scoop hit me up, there's tons of gougers on ebay. I'll also entertain trades, I've got quite a bit of game/arcade stock lying around.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Good luck Chief, I hope you brought your pocketbook! I got out of MP collecting when it got to the point where if you weren't in line at TRU the day a new MP was released you weren't getting one.

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
142   0   0
Just get the knock-offs from Amazon. They come out of the same factory as original, everything looks legit except the price.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
95   0   1
THUNDER CHIEFTAIN!

The man of the hour is here! I just got Generations Skywarp so I can live with that...somewhat, lol, but if Chief is interested he can most definitely have it 'cause he's my pal and he's back in town!...otherwise I'm still interested in you teasing me about it every other week, lol.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
THUNDER CHIEFTAIN!

The man of the hour is here! I just got Generations Skywarp so I can live with that...somewhat, lol, but if Chief is interested he can most definitely have it 'cause he's my pal and he's back in town!...otherwise I'm still interested in you teasing me about it every other week, lol.

I honestly prefer the Generations seekers in general. I've got both the original Masterpiece Starscream and the walmart Skywarp, and they are beautiful but I never want to try to transform them again. Generations Thundercracker (I don't have the others yet) I wouldn't mind handing to my daughter to play with if she wanted.

themisterfalcon

Buriki-One Fight Promoter
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
465   0   0
Just get the knock-offs from Amazon. They come out of the same factory as original, everything looks legit except the price.

No. Don't do this. I got a knockoff Star Scream and the finishing is sloppy. The plastics aren't trimmed right and the finish is different than the "real" one.

bigbadtoystore.com is my usual go to for MP figures.

I've bought a couple from Amazon Japan as well and got legit ones but I heard the bootlegging is bad there too.

And get ready to be poor. These things are fucking rad.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
95   0   1
I stopped getting transfromers for a while, that's when shit got real good with generations, I regret not getting Metroplex above all.

I have a few MPs, I have a few G1s, a few RIDs and the later series like Armada and all that stuff but just slim pickings. My real love for TR is with Beast Wars, just loved them. I grew up with G1 but when I got to the US somewhere in the late 90's I just got hooked on BW. My favorite series for sure. That I have way too much of and I love it!

I do not like the movie TRs, they look weird...

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
New mold MP Seekers are better than original mold, but there is a huge price difference. I also like the Generations seeker even better than first mold MP.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
95   0   1
Well, when Chief determines if he wants it or not we can talk about rites of passage on that skywarp, lol. Keep it secret...keep it safe!

Gamefan

OldSkool4Life,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
72   0   0
I have a complete in mint condition SoundWave MP-13B in black. It comes with Ratbat as well as a little Megatron gun. I have all paperwork and box. LMK if you are interested.

Gamefan

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
95   0   1
Nice! Post some pics! Share the wealth!

I have the G1 re'release with the double decker, lol. I love it! Soundwave was my very first TR toy when I was a kid, so I'm all about that soundwave!

The Chief

U.N. Apologist,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
272   0   0
@EG: Hey, good to see you're still around man! I'm trying to stay focused with this collection and just attack the Masterpiece line but I appreciate the offer.

@dub: That's exactly what I don't want and similar to what I've seen in comparison reviews. bigbadtoystore is good but they're asking greater than ebay prices by quite a bit. I just scored a Sunstorm Masterpiece TRU edition for $86 shipped and BBTS is asking $120 + ship. I'm really looking forward to get my hands on one of these, they look super detailed, large and in charge.

@Gamefan: I'm not currently looking for any variants and I want the TRU version of Soundwave since it comes with all the tapes. Thanks for the offer though.

Gamefan

OldSkool4Life,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
72   0   0
Sweet! Have a blast and I suggest BBTS for Tommy Takara versions. After all, looking for them is half the fun!!

SNK416

King's Dry Cleaner
Rating - 94.4%
17   1   0
Better still guys if you have face book join cybertron cafe page. Lots of members good group, a lot of buy and selling for fair prices.