WTB Namco Classics Vol. 1 PCB

Dampfwalze

Armored Scrum Object,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I am searching for a Namco Classics Vol. 1 PCB (Galaga, Mappy, Xevious) 100% working.
Had some bad luck with a defect one on ebay lately. :(

Offering 200 USD + shipping fee (ca. 50 USD?) to Germany. Thank you for considering.

Dampfwalze

Armored Scrum Object,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Searched for the thread there and found it: already sold. :-(
But big thanks for the information. I simply was to late.

robot

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
I'd sell you mine but it's the only way for me to get my galaga arrangement fix :D

How do you deal with the game being upside down? Pretty sure that's why soupbones (my brother) sold it. It was flipped with no way of flipping back without rotating his monitor.

Dampfwalze

Armored Scrum Object,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
What is the problem with the one from ebay? Maybe it is an easy fix! -> pm me

I already send it back for repair. But it's 4 weeks now and his technician hasn't even begun to repair it, so I was afraid that waiting for longer time makes me miss other opportunities (missed one on ebay that sold for 160$ because of the waiting time) and asked for a refund.
The problem was that the color red was gradually fading, e.g. the red roof in Mappy started as a bright and good red but faded to absolutely black after ca. 1 cm on screen.

So now I am searching for one at reasonable price because the only one now left on ebay is a joke. 400$ Hahaha, good luck. The same pcb is listed since many months, guess why. :-)

Last edited:

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Rating - 100%
309   0   0
How do you deal with the game being upside down? Pretty sure that's why soupbones (my brother) sold it. It was flipped with no way of flipping back without rotating his monitor.
i have a dedicated cab that is rotated that way, time pilot, time pilot 84 and exerion,alot from that era actually are setup that way. kinda odd actually

Dampfwalze

Armored Scrum Object,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
i have a dedicated cab that is rotated that way, time pilot, time pilot 84 and exerion,alot from that era actually are setup that way. kinda odd actually

Have the same problem with frogger. No dip switch setting for flipping the screen so I can't play it on my Astro City cab. :(
But fortunately my second cab in the cave has a easy rotatable screen built in. "Best of both worlds." ;)

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Rating - 100%
309   0   0
Have the same problem with frogger. No dip switch setting for flipping the screen so I can't play it on my Astro City cab. :(
But fortunately my second cab in the cave has a easy rotatable screen built in. "Best of both worlds." ;)
i still cant understand why in the world they made games that did that. would have adding a flip dip really been that hard? half of the dips arent even used in most games... just silly i tell ya

Dampfwalze

Armored Scrum Object,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
i still cant understand why in the world they made games that did that. would have adding a flip dip really been that hard? half of the dips arent even used in most games... just silly i tell ya

Amen, brother!
And if you think the missing flip-screen option is a thing of the past, try Space Invaders Anniversary for Taito G-Net from 2003. Turn your screen or turn yourself. ;)

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Rating - 100%
309   0   0
i think they do that so the arcade ops had to dedicate a machine to it, so they wouldnt bump around the arcade...maybe

Dampfwalze

Armored Scrum Object,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
i think they do that so the arcade ops had to dedicate a machine to it, so they wouldnt bump around the arcade...maybe

This or the programmers are simply lazy. But either way, having two cabs solves many problems like these.