WTB: Non-working '89-'91Data East PCBs (or other as-is boards)

Gremlin

Hi, I'm Gmegbln
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Been sniped on eBay for the last time so reaching out to NG (worked well once before)

I need to replace a bad custom (55) on my Data East Gate Of Doom board, so I've periodically been on the hunt for a donor. Unfortunately, Gate of Doom seems like the cheapest on the list (but I like Dark Seal!) 🙃

1642372133894.png
You stupid motherfucker

The list of Data East boards that have the same custom according to MAME:

Vapor Trail/Kuhga
Crude Buster/Two Crude
Dark Seal/Gate Of Doom
Edward Randy
Super Burger Time
Mutant Fighter/Death Brade
Caveman Ninja/Joe & Mac
Robocop 2
Desert Assault/Thunderzone
China Town

If anyone has one of the above in their scrap pile (or has a lead on a donor) hit me up!

I'm also interested in any other malfunctioning games (as long as it's something I'll actually play) if you have non-working games you want to sell as-is.
Fixing games up myself feels like the only way I can afford new PCBs these days. It'd be for my own enjoyment, will not flip, and if I do repair it you'd be the first to know 🙂

Last edited:

Gremlin

Hi, I'm Gmegbln
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
God damn that looks like a mother fucker of a chip to swap out. Sheesh!!!

It not at all fun, but it's doable! I don't even fuck around with heat guns anymore, spend the $10 and get chipquik for removal, and then with a light touch, drag solder to put the new one back on.

"Hard" part is inspecting every pin and checking for shorts. Unless you're mentally ill like me it's not recommended to even try to repair. The things I do for love!

Last edited:

ShootTheCore

Bead Banger
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I have a Mutant Fighter donor that you’re welcome to take Custom 55 off of. I still want the rest of the board for future parts donors though.

Would you be alright with returning the donor board back to me after you remove 55 from it?

Gremlin

Hi, I'm Gmegbln
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I have a Mutant Fighter donor that you’re welcome to take Custom 55 off of. I still want the rest of the board for future parts donors though.

Would you be alright with returning the donor board back to me after you remove 55 from it?

Hey Shoot, thanks again for the last donor board I needed! I should just reach out to you first at this point lol.
Done dinner, can totally send it back. PM incoming