WTB PS5 Digital Edition

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Man, I figure I’d try here. Does anybody have any connections? I’ve been half-assed trying since last year and the few times I’ve gotten close I usually end up getting errors during check out and then it ultimately reverts to being sold out.

Id prefer the digital edition but would take the regular one if I had to. I don’t mind paying extra but I’ll be fucked if I’m going to shell out twice the amount most people are wanting.

Anybody help a bro out?

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Watch @PS5StockAlerts and @PS5drop on Twitter and be ready to jump on it.

It was doable back in Nov-Jan if you were committed and persistent.

I missed the initial pre-orders because they dropped without warning. I then managed to score one launch bundle from Gamestop, and then a second one in mid-December from Walmart thanks to @PS5drop because the first PS5 got lost in the mail sending it to my brother in Tokyo.

So I got 2. It was possible. And Series X was even easier. Not sure about now though, because there's a chip shortage and it's a shitshow.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I find it very odd that this console is not readily available. Almost dystopian. Maybe its time for the world to dial it all back a little bit?

glazball

Pleasure Goal
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Wish I could help and I wish you luck on your hunt! I expect them to remain unobtainium through the holiday season.

You sure you want the digital version though? Sure, you can offload games to external storage but damn the SSD just fills up so fast. Sony should have included larger drives in the digital versions.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I’ve tried those trackers. The times I got the alert and was free to try, I’d always get errors. It’s alarming how fucking difficult it is to buy one. I’m kind of worried that companies are going to see that we are actually willing to pay $1,000+ for a game system and have that in mind the next time they release a new system.

I was able to get a series x through Best Buy but I’m pretty sure I somehow glitched the servers. I remember when the page went live, the yellow “add to cart” button stayed on the page for a split second before it changed to the grayed “sold out” box. I kept refreshing and trying to click on the add to cart button before it disappeared. It took a couple tries but I was able to snag it. Even then, I was sure when it came time to ship that I wouldn’t get one because of how I had to go about getting it, but it showed up to my surprised.

The PS5 has been elusive. I definitely would rather have the digital edition because I haven’t bought physical copies of games in 10 years. I’ll micromanage the small hdd until a better option comes around. But at this point I’ll take whatever I can get.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Whenever a new console comes out I always just preorder it right away when preorders open. It saves a lot of heartache later.

This is all well and good for adults with credit cards, but I'm sure younger people just can't get these new consoles unless their parents buy it for them.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
111   0   0
Yeah because the PC scene isn’t having shortages on parts, either.
Of course they are, but the good news with ordering a gaming PC (i did this recently,) is that when you place your order, you actually guarantee yourself the product sooner or later. It took about 2 months to get my Origin Chronos V2 built.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
edit: nevermind what I think about the PS5, didn't see it's a marketplace thread 👀

Last edited:

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Of course they are, but the good news with ordering a gaming PC (i did this recently,) is that when you place your order, you actually guarantee yourself the product sooner or later. It took about 2 months to get my Origin Chronos V2 built.
What’s your problem? I didn’t ask for a gaming PC. I asked to buy a PS5, and your response is to buy something else at (at least) 5x the price that I’d still have to wait for. Nobody cares about your Origin Chronos V2.