WTB: Shogo PC Box version

Fox1

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
278   0   0
I know it seems weird, but does anyone have the big box version of this?

Stellarola

Fio's Quartermaster
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I know it seems weird, but does anyone have the big box version of this?

Interesting. I had a lot of fond memories of this game. Would love to see Monolith take another stab at a game like this...

Hope you find yourself a copy!

Fox1

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
278   0   0
Interesting. I had a lot of fond memories of this game. Would love to see Monolith take another stab at a game like this...

Hope you find yourself a copy!

They had 2 sequels planned, but both were scrapped even though the game had rave reviews and sold very well. Dunno why...

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
537   0   0
Exactly the game that made me love Titanfall. I can't even remember how I got mine. I've never even seen a boxed one before, only jewel case.

Kaioh

Sakura's Bank Manager
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
A boxed version does exist. I still have mine complete. I wouldn't even know what to ask for it. The shipping cost would probably kill the deal lol.

shogo.jpg

Last edited:

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Shipping for Big Box PC games is about $10-12 in the continental US if you do it right (you want to ship it in bubble wrap in a box, and stuff the game box with newspaper so it doesn't warp)
I buy a lot of bigbox PC games.
Most copies of Shogo big box go for about $20 on ebay.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
62   0   0
I had one about 8 months ago. It's actually a killer game.

How do you plan on playing this? I had a legacy windows 98SE PC I built to play it. It's one of those super picky games. It's going to be incredibly frustrating to get to work on a modern PC, unless a new patch developed recently.

It was actually hard to get to run in my legacy 98 rig, because it was before I was done completing it, and had a video card that was plenty powerful, but refused to run it. If I remember correctly I could not get it to work until I finally upgraded to a "Glide" setup. So be ready to need to purchase a Voodoo2, OR maybe even two Voodoo2's. Here is a list of Glide games for future reference.

http://www.vogons.org/viewtopic.php?t=534

I believe I sold mine on eBay for $25.00 complete with box, but missing inner cardboard tray.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
62   0   0
I just had it running a year ago. It does support glide, and is in the list linked on vogons. Maybe you can get it running somehow without glide, but I couldn't.

After reading that thread more, pretty sure my video card was incompatible with direct 3D. But further research says two voodoo 2 cards would work. Not sure how you intend to play it, but if you are going legacy, I see no reason to run anything other than some revision of a voodoo card. But that's just me.

Last edited:

wyndcrosser

Baseball Star Hitter
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I didn't have the big box, but I had the shareware version A LONG time ago which rocked. I ended up finding the Septerra Core/Shogo boxset (which SC is AWESOME!) at like Target or Wal-Mart and bought it. I still have it somewhere. Full vs Shareware, the shareware game was way easier, the full game was a lot harder.

Mendel

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
I have an amiga version of this game. yeah. needs a powerpc accelerator card, pci interface expansion and a voodoo 3 basically.

xelement5x

Galford's Armourer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I didn't have the big box, but I had the shareware version A LONG time ago which rocked. I ended up finding the Septerra Core/Shogo boxset (which SC is AWESOME!) at like Target or Wal-Mart and bought it. I still have it somewhere. Full vs Shareware, the shareware game was way easier, the full game was a lot harder.

I've got that same bundle! I played the hell out of the game in high school and picked up a copy much later on. Very fun game.