WTB SNK MVS 33 inch cabinet

Luciano

Crossed Swords Squire
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Wait a minute what do you mean played weekly? You mean it's going to be used!? I don't believe you!
Sure, I even play my original AES games ;)
Not a fan of collecting without using and we have weekly arcade meetings playing Neo Geo and other arcade games.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey guys I bought a McLaren F1, but I painted it school bus yellow.

It fits the theme of disgusting colors so it's ok.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Hey guys I bought a McLaren F1, but I painted it school bus yellow.

It fits the theme of disgusting colors so it's ok.
I always thought Alonso’s early 2K Yellow/ Blue Renault cars were kind of hideous

1707181943769.jpeg
Someone gave me one of the hats too, I never wore it, it was the same colors and had the cigarette company on it I think

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Protip: Always go with flat black, it's so much easier to work with.

I've painted a lot of things (many cabs & coin-op stuff included) and even at the top of my game wet always comes out flawed when done by hand, also it shows fingerprints and other greases easily even when done with a professional powdercoat. Seems to chip and wear easier as well.

Poster says no runs, I'm going blind and even I can see flaws from that 15 year old cellphone pic with watermarks obscuring 80% of it.
He's trying to lie to both himself everybody else, that's why he keeps bringing it up. (Or he's totally blind)

Also I've found various chemicals and polishing to do at varying time in the drying process to make it look pretty damned close to a wet black or at least not so flat and even match it unless under a 500 watt work light.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Protip: Always go with flat black, it's so much easier to work with.

I've painted a lot of things (many cabs & coin-op stuff included) and even at the top of my game wet always comes out flawed when done by hand, also it shows fingerprints and other greases easily even when done with a professional powdercoat. Seems to chip and wear easier as well.

Poster says no runs, I'm going blind and even I can see flaws from that 15 year old cellphone pic with watermarks obscuring 80% of it.
He's trying to lie to both himself everybody else, that's why he keeps bringing it up. (Or he's totally blind)

Also I've found various chemicals and polishing to do at varying time in the drying process to make it look pretty damned close to a wet black or at least not so flat and even match it unless under a 500 watt work light.
Put the spray paint can down, step back and turn around.

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
What are 33" metal cabs going for nowadays? Ebay has a yellowed plastic 25" for 3500. So is a 33 worth 4000?

I know you posted this a year or so ago but are you refering to this one:

The seller of the one above is a nonce as he does not even know what he is selling. Thats a Neo 29....not a 25. You can tell because the 29 has that retarted looking marquee header that they used on the 25, a cost cutting move by snk. Oh, and also because it says "Neo 29" right on the side of the fucking machine.....so no eagle eye shit needed really.

To help answer your Q & give you a better perspective I have an acquaintance who bought a Neo 25 via winning an auction probably a year or so before you posted this. The auctuion was due to an arcade going out due to covid I believe so it was well known & allowed bidding nation, if not world, wide. The example was in near mint condition & bidding ended up closing at $2,500.

Condition matter with these cabs so I would say on a low you are looking at about $1,500 to $2,000 and a median of $2,500 or so while a high if $3k to $3,000+ is not completely out of the question if it is a cherry example.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:

NeoGeoFanatic

Neo Geo Cup '98
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
He's probably talking about the MVS-U4/U2. Like the one here:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
He's probably talking about the MVS-U4/U2. Like the one here:

Yep and a hell of a white whale it is to be hunting for one.

FTL

AES Price Guide Analyst, International Moderator,
Staff member
Rating - 100%
81   0   0
I know you posted this a year or so ago but are you refering to this one:

The seller of the one above is a nonce as he does not even know what he is selling. Thats a Neo 29....not a 25. You can tell because the 29 has that retarted looking marquee header that they used on the 25, a cost cutting move by snk. Oh, and also because it says "Neo 29" right on the side of the fucking machine.....so no eagle eye shit needed really.

To help answer your Q & give you a better perspective I have an acquaintance who bought a Neo 25 via winning an auction probably a year or so before you posted this. The auctuion was due to an arcade going out due to covid I believe so it was well known & allowed bidding nation, if not world, wide. The example was in near mint condition & bidding ended up closing at $2,500.

Condition matter with these cabs so I would say on a low you are looking at about $1,500 to $2,000 and a median of $2,500 or so while a high if $3k to $3,000+ is not completely out of the question if it is a cherry example.

Hope that helps.

Actually your reasoning is totally off.

33 inch mvs cabinets are extremely rare and you will have to pay way more the figures you mentioned. Most of the times you will have to pay what the seller will ask to part with it, or just waiting for years like this thread shows you.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Actually your reasoning is totally off.

33 inch mvs cabinets are extremely rare and you will have to pay way more the figures you mentioned. Most of the times you will have to pay what the seller will ask to part with it, or just waiting for years like this thread shows you.
Today I would say you'd probably need the CIA to find the owner of one and well... to obtain it? probably murder. For some it will be worth the cost, for some.