WTB: Soda Syrup

xmods (jwm2)

Dodgeball Yakuza
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
Ok i know this is abit odd, but i figured i'd see what i can get anyways. I just bought a sodastream system and would like to get some actual soda/fountain pop flavors for it instead of having the use the generic stuff they provide. I'm looking for 1qt - 1 gallon of syrup concentrate for each of the following flavors:

Pepsi - Favorite drink, i really want this one badly.
Sunkist Orange
Fanta Orange
Mountain Dew
7 Up
Mello Yello
Barqs Root Beer (or any root beer for that matter)
Coke (i really want pepsi, but if thats not an option then coke will do)

Please no diet flavors. I'm willing to pay via paypal. Or if you know how i can obtain these flavors otherwise, i'm all ears.

Celestein

n00b
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Call a food/restaurant distributor? some will sell you single units, others require certain amount purchased, and others require a certain amount per month, but I'm sure you'll find SOMEONE to sell you these through normal channels.

If you really can't find anyone, I own a tavern that will be opening soon and could help you...but that's like 1-2 months off before I take delivery of any food goods.

xmods (jwm2)

Dodgeball Yakuza
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
Yeah i figure if push comes to shove i can call a local distro but most of them sell them by 5 gallon bag-in-a-box qty and i really don't drink that much pop, so if i can get someone to just sell me a qt or gallon then i'd be happy. Also i'd like to try it out and make sure i like it before buying larger qty. I'll probably still be in the market a couple month from now so i'll definately keep you in mind. Thanks for the suggestions :)

Tetsuosan

n00b
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I work for coke and I've never seen a 1 gallon BIB ( Bag in a Box) made. We make 2.5 gallon bibs but they're for your smaller flavors like Fanta, Barqs, Cherry coke, coke zero, etc.

The other thing to take into consideration is there is absolutely no way of opening the top of the bag and pouring the syrup out into a seperate container. Reason being that there's a safety piece that prohibits the syrup from coming out unless the adaptor for the machine is secured to the bag.

Mad Mage

Edo Express Delivery Guy
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Please know, I'm not in the least chastising you for asking. But why on earth did you think neo-geo forum members would have soda concentrate?

xmods (jwm2)

Dodgeball Yakuza
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
Because some might own resturaunts or gas stations, or work/manage one or the other. I dont have much to lose by asking ;)

Dion

Known Scammer, NeoGeoFreak Co-Founder
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I own a few restaurants but our contract is to buy only 5 gallon boxes. The price we pay is $55 per box. I know they make three gallon boxes also but I don't think our pepsi distributor carries those. Also, these boxes are HEAVY. You're better off trying to find some local. Ask the owner of your favorite family restaurant to see if you can work out a deal. You may need to throw some extra money to cover food costs. Remember they are expecting to make about $300 (if not more) off of that $55 box so paying cost doesn't benefit the restaurant at all.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
Here is what you do...

1. Go to a place with a self serve fountain...

2. Pop the logo head off of the soda you want..

3. There should be a lever that shuts off the CO2/Water mix and only distributes the syrup.

4. Fill your cup and pay for it.

xmods (jwm2)

Dodgeball Yakuza
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
Ahh ok, i was actually able to call the local beverage distro and luckily they offer pepsi products and carry mostly 3 gallon sizes, which are only $35/box. So i'll just grab some locally here in a few days to give them a try. $35 + tax isn't too bad considering shipping from most places would be expensive. Online folks are selling them for $110 + shipping for a 5 gallon box which i why i thought i'd be better off trying to find a much smaller qty but for $35 for 3 gallons or $55 for 5 gallons i'd be stupid not to try what the local guys have to offer. Thanks again for the input :)

aria

Former Moderator
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I had to check this thread out after I approved a new members' post (which is tucked in above now). Interesting. I've only made my own simple syrup for making cocktails (which I take very seriously :very_ang: )

Dion

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The other thing to take into consideration is there is absolutely no way of opening the top of the bag and pouring the syrup out into a seperate container. Reason being that there's a safety piece that prohibits the syrup from coming out unless the adaptor for the machine is secured to the bag.

This also. If the seal starts to leak you have one hell of a sticky mess. I also, had one of the valves blow (on the connectors) on one of my fountains and spraypaint the entire back room with Hawaiin Punch overnight. That was a bullshit morning

xmods (jwm2)

Dodgeball Yakuza
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
Damn i was hoping i'd be able to transfer the syrup to smaller containers easily. I guess this isn't going to work then, back to trying to find someone to get me syrup in a bottle :/

Dion

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would work if you transferred all of it to seperate containers at one time.

xmods (jwm2)

Dodgeball Yakuza
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
Yeah i got to thinking about that. I bought a connector on ebay that fits the pepsi bag in a box and i'll just grab a 3 gallon tank to put it into. I'll probably do this outside so if anything does go wrong at least it'll be outdoors ;)

Yoshi

20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Here is what you do...

1. Go to a place with a self serve fountain...

2. Pop the logo head off of the soda you want..

3. There should be a lever that shuts off the CO2/Water mix and only distributes the syrup.

4. Fill your cup and pay for it.
:lol:

Tetsuosan

n00b
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yeah i got to thinking about that. I bought a connector on ebay that fits the pepsi bag in a box and i'll just grab a 3 gallon tank to put it into. I'll probably do this outside so if anything does go wrong at least it'll be outdoors ;)

Warning: DO NOT PIERCE THE BAG!!! Especially when its a cola flavor or root beer. I ran one over in the warehouse with the fork lift. Let's just say that it was a pain in the ass to clean up even with the floor scrubber, and the syrup ate the concrete floor. There was a small depression in the floor after we cleaned it because of the amount of acid in the syrup.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Please know, I'm not in the least chastising you for asking. But why on earth did you think neo-geo forum members would have soda concentrate?

You must not venture to Unrelated very often.

For some here they treat it like religion.

SetaSouji??

There Can be Only One
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
We have a pepsi plant down here locally that'll let you walk in and buy single BIBs, but I'm not sure of the price or sizes; would you want me to go ask?

xmods (jwm2)

Dodgeball Yakuza
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
Oh cool, well for now i'll just grab some at the local beverage service in town, at least i think they'll let me buy from them. If i get turned down i'll let you know, thanks for the offer though.

loegan43

I've served my time in the Dark Army., Have you?,
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
450   0   0
I'm pretty sure they have them at Smart and Final, if not, try Beverages and More. (BevMo)