WTB Some MVS Fighters (Art of Fighting 3, Last Blade 2, Real Bout Special)

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
102   0   0
For some reason, after half a decade of buying/playing MVS games, I've never had the pleasure of properly playing the arcade versions of these three games:

Art of Fighting 3 - $40
Last Blade 2 - $140
Real Bout Special - $40

If you have an English label cart that's not completely trashed and would like to exchange it for cash, please PM me.

Thanks!

Edit: I added bounties for each cart.

Last edited:

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
92   0   0
I don't have those in English labeled carts. But, I have all 3 Japanese labeled carts.
Welcome some variety into your collection & bring these home! And I'll even let you name your own price!

Yagyu Jubei

Dodgeball Yakuza
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
English LB2s have skyrocketed in price. $250-$300 average for English these days for a loose cart. Shawn has one for $400. Full English kits are reaching $1K. Unless you are hardcore completist, you can easily score a JP version for under $100.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
340   0   0
English LB2s have skyrocketed in price. $250-$300 average for English these days for a loose cart. Shawn has one for $400. Full English kits are reaching $1K. Unless you are hardcore completist, you can easily score a JP version for under $100.

I hope no one here paid $250 for LB2 because that's fucking retarded.

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
102   0   0
I hope no one here paid $250 for LB2 because that's fucking retarded.

Yeah, I was hoping more like $100-150 for a loose, English-label Last Blade 2 cart. I know they've been up for sale less and less lately, but I didn't think they were at TSS/Pleasuregoal price level.

I don't have those in English labeled carts. But, I have all 3 Japanese labeled carts.
Welcome some variety into your collection & bring these home! And I'll even let you name your own price!

Thanks for the offer! I may very well take you up on that Japanese LB2 cart if I can't find an English-label copy for under $200 after a bit more searching.

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
102   0   0
Got Real bout special kit 」75
Aof 3 english kit 」 95

I would prefer just a loose cart of AOF 3, as I already have a complete art set for the game. The Real Bout Special kit, is that a full English kit with matching serial numbers?

KalessinDB

Mr. Big's Thug
Rating - 100%
38   0   0

Seriously? James needs to tinker with his price list something fierce then, cuz I just did a trade for an English LB2 and both of us used his list to give us an idea of what it was worth.

His list, that has the English label listed as $70 upper end :keke:

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
Seriously? James needs to tinker with his price list something fierce then, cuz I just did a trade for an English LB2 and both of us used his list to give us an idea of what it was worth.

LOL, not in 2015 though

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
340   0   0

That's a lot closer to reality than $250.

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
102   0   0

Let me know if/when you'd like to sell it for a decent profit. ;)

Oh, and the JNX price guide is still the best resource around for the U.S. market, as most prices are near what they should be. James has made some updates for games that have shot up in value in recent years - Magician Lord, SSVS, and MOTW - but maybe he's off on Last Blade 2. It looks like Windjammers and Zed Blade need to be updated, as well.

KalessinDB

Mr. Big's Thug
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
Let me know if/when you'd like to sell it for a decent profit. ;)

Psshhh nevar! But I imagine you knew that. And maybe not never, but not for a long long time.

And yeah I know it's still pretty much the best resource, that just took me by surprise, I clicked in here to see what the bounties being offered were since I had one if the games and definitely did a double take.

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
92   0   0
That's a lot closer to reality than $250.

I think the confusion & price range fluctuation is caused because there are 2 completely different worlds when it comes to estimating the value of items; specifically for this example, MVS carts. There is the community price, and there is the eBay price. One of those markets is the fantasy world, and the other market is the real world. The people in each market think they are in the real world, and the other market is the fantasy world. And they both swear up & down that they are right.

Secondly, the next issue that causes confusion & fluctuation is the specifics. As in; the perceived value of any given MVS cart is NOT the same from one cart to another. The devil is in the details. Such as the MAJOR difference between a mint US labeled cart with serials intact versus some crap condition JAP cart with ripped labels. (and to an extent original vs. bootleg)

Now around here, this second part doesn't really affect prices because when carts are bought & sold here, details are given, pictures are provided, members are informed. Where as on eBay, you can end up feeling cheated, or get the deal of the century, (as a buyer) depending on how misinformed the seller is. (and to an extent idiot buyers).

My point here is, as a general rule, when your looking to sell something, it's worthless. And when your looking to buy something, it's priceless. (granted, a bit exaggerated but usually the case) As a low end example, if you want to sell a samurai 1, you'll get $10. If you want to buy a samurai 1, it's $20.

So in the end, it's all a matter of what specifically do you want to buy? What condition does it have to be in? And how patient are you? Depending on the particulars, your results will vary GREATLY.