WTB SSV Perfect MVS w/ shock

Jaelus

Over Top Auto Mechanic
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
113   0   0
SSV Perfect - Anyone making these with good quality now? Looking for an MVS with shock.

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
92   0   0
Truth is, nobody here could even come close to even matching that super low eBay price for a physical cartridge of the game. I don’t even understand how they are even cutting even, let alone making a profit at $79.50 and free shipping?!

That’s totally insane.

Jaelus

Over Top Auto Mechanic
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
113   0   0
Truth is, nobody here could even come close to even matching that super low eBay price for a physical cartridge of the game. I don’t even understand how they are even cutting even, let alone making a profit at $79.50 and free shipping?!

That’s totally insane.
Yeah, it makes me suspicious. I'd gladly pay more for a quality build.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
141   0   0
AliExpress is $60 and not too bad with shipping when I bought mine.

Mouse_Master

Support your local Sheriff, ,
Staff member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

That’s totally insane.

This is something we were discussing in the chat a week or so ago, and maybe that topic deserves it's own thread.

Those SSVP boardsets are half sized, and most likely flash programmed. Before the COVID price hikes, I would guess those boards are getting made for maybe $10/board, if even that much. Throw in a $7 MVS case, and a $5 box, some printing, and you have your cart. So, $40 to make, $10 labor, maybe?

My thought was along the lines of what if you could do this for home carts, and possibly do it with a license from SNK, made on demand.

Anyway, that is going off topic, but yes, it is amazing what can be found on AliExpress or EBay for the SSVP specifically.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
340   0   0
Is it possible to convert a legit SSVS to SSVP?

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Is it possible to convert a legit SSVS to SSVP?
It’s possible, but they don’t make EPROMs in the size needed to fit the data for SSVS/SSVP. Easiest way would be to use a flash chip in the needed size, soldered to an adapter, which would look fugly. A majority of the rom data is the same across both. I know that the P1 and P2 are different, and two of the V roms have changes.