WTB - working Atari Jaguar

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
More YouTube shit. More grist for the mill.

working with power supply and controller. Cosmetically decent would be a plus as it’ll be on camera.

trying not to pay the shit ass eBay prices lately. When did Jaguar get expensive? lol

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
A couple months earlier I sold one on eBay with 20 games for $1600.

If you can emulate it, try that. It's a shit system anyway.

If you do get one I have a Tempest 2000 for you $12 shipped.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
let me know if you need to borrow anything. I have a near complete set of Jaguar stuff.

Reactions: Syn

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What a terrible terrible terrible system. Even if you’re a pro Youtubber it’s not worth the shipping because it isn’t worth photographing. How many people, one after another, year after year, need to individually posses this ratchet-ass POS just so they can again tell us what everyone figured out decades ago: it’s terrible. The worst game system ever that isnt called “CDi” and maybe even worse than that one.

Unless there is someday built a museum devoted specifically to incompetent hubris then the only proper place for a Jag is in a trash can. If that museum does get built then the Jag deserves its own wing.

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
142   0   0
The Jag has the most expensive/worst add-on as well, the toilet, I mean JagCD. It is notoriously fragile to boot with literally no good game (maybe 1 if you feel generous).

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
176   0   0
Watching Jag prices has been the most insane thing. I bought a jag at release for AvP. I was a diehard supporter for the system and had the SHITTTTYYYYY CDRom add-on as well. I had a massive collection of games. Years ago, I realized it was terrible and I only kept it for the oddity of it all. I think i sold the collection to some guy in Australia for like $700.

I spent many, many years with the system…really faking love for it. It was and is one of the absolute worst consoles ever made. I think I’d still pick it over an N64 though. 😂

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
What a terrible terrible terrible system. Even if you’re a pro Youtubber it’s not worth the shipping because it isn’t worth photographing. How many people, one after another, year after year, need to individually posses this ratchet-ass POS just so they can again tell us what everyone figured out decades ago: it’s terrible. The worst game system ever that isnt called “CDi” and maybe even worse than that one.

Unless there is someday built a museum devoted specifically to incompetent hubris then the only proper place for a Jag is in a trash can. If that museum does get built then the Jag deserves its own wing.

I actually enjoy the library... Including Cybermorph

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
111   0   0

As an owner of a CD-i, it really isn't that terrible of a system, you just need appropriate expectations. It was never meant to be a game console and it shows. Still, it has entertaining games, intentional and unintentional.

I've never owned a Jaguar, but going by the 50-ish retail game library of mostly Amiga ports, it really does look like a shitty version of the 3DO. I own a 3DO as well and it has roughly 4 times as big a library with lots of standout ports and exclusives.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lord, the 3DO is like the PlayStation 2 compared to the Jag.

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Buying a used Jag before liquidation prices was the worst mistake of my young gamer life.

awbacon, I hope you get one for a decent price and don't resort to emulation for your videos. I know you enjoy gaming hardware itself at least as much as I do.

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a Jag for free when I purchased 2 jag games at Telegames UK In 1998. I got dinodudes and Iron Soldier. Because both were the only 9.99 games they got.
later on I amassed a pretty decent Collection. And I even went to the very first e-jagfest in 2003. The games I got where all good fun and playable except Fight for life. Most played probably T2k and Raiden.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow. “Playable”. High praise indeed. Take that, Super Nintendo, ya foreign piece of shit!

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
61   0   0

lol clearly you don't like the Jag

meh I kinda boxed myself in talking about random shit on YT. But maybe ill just drop the cash for an X68000 and do a season on that

At the beginning I said I'd always use REAL HARDWARE for series. So now I don't want to go back on that and start emulating shit on Tuesdays hardware series

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Get one it's worth it. The Jaguar Game Drive also plays CD games now. Library is small but there are enough good games to play.
Alien vs Predator, Defender 2000, Iron Soldier 1 & 2, Protector, Rayman, Tempest 2000 are the favourites of my small collection.
Also like the Raiden port and those Mortal Kombat rip-offs like Ultra Vortek.