Wtf happened to due-process?

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
Bill Cosby is in jail now because of his conservative views.

Years ago I watched some youtube video and the guy was saying this, I thought it was crazy but then started thinking about it.

What was Hanibal Buress Saying?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...comedian-reignited-the-bill-cosby-allegations

“Bill Cosby has the fuckin’ smuggest old black man public persona that I hate,” Buress said at the time. “He gets on TV, ‘Pull your pants up black people, I was on TV in the ‘80s! I can talk down to you because I had a successful sitcom!’ Yeah, but you rape women, Bill Cosby, so turn the crazy down a couple notches.”

Buress also asked members of the audience to “Google ‘Bill Cosby rape’” when they got home, joking that it would have a whole lot more results than a search for his name, “Hannibal Buress”.

In the following days, the joke went viral, prompting dozens of women to step forward to accuse the star of The Cosby Show of assault.

Then months later the judge unsealed his old civil court case:

https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/b...e-unsealed-bill-cosby-court-documents-n387861
Saying:

"The stark contrast between Bill Cosby, the public moralist and Bill Cosby, the subject of serious allegations concerning improper (and perhaps criminal) conduct is a matter as to which the AP — and by extension the public — has a significant interest," Judge Eduardo Robreno wrote in a memorandum Monday. The documents were released after a request from The Associated Press.

Robreno wrote Monday that the case "is not about the Defendant's status as a public person by virtue of the exercise of his trade as a televised or comedic personality. Rather, Defendant has donned the mantle of public moralist and mounted the proverbial electronic or print soap box to volunteer his views on, among other things, childrearing, family life, education, and crime."

Cosby has made himself part of these public issues and therefore has "voluntarily narrowed the zone of privacy that he is entitled to claim," the judge wrote.

Last edited:

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
That's... a bit of a stretch.

Well if he hadn't of said those things he probably still be free to drug women and slap around their boobies.
Hope he was guilty because he's in jail now.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Well if he hadn't of said those things he probably still be free to drug women and slap around their boobies.
Hope he was guilty because he's in jail now.

He's guilty of being unfunny on tv for many years.
Throw away the key

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Cosby's impact on American media by way of his TV show cannot be underscored enough.

Maybe it was typical sitcom fare for its era in terms of what people call 'dad humor' today (a stupid term, but whatevs), but it had huge cultural impact for a lot of people.

That said, I'm not sure it was a left wing shovel that dug up all his skeletons.

It could be. I'd just need a smoking gun before I could agree with that.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
I think it was Edmund Burke who first said "pull your pants up, black people."

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Bill cosby didn't have "Conservative Views".

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member

Sometimes I like reading old articles and then googling names to see where they are now.

Lisa Locke, 21, a 2003 graduate of Drexel University who was raised by a single mother in Southeast Washington, reflected some of the uneasiness that has characterized the reaction to Cosby since he made his original comments. "The conditions that Bill Cosby speaks about are brutal, and the solution has to be forceful," Locke said, "but the issue I have with Cosby is with him generalizing."

Here's where Lisa Locke is now, good for her: https://www.goellaw.com/about_us/our_people/lisa_locke/