WTF happened?

TurboRotary13b

Crossed Swords Squire
My post was meant to help other noobs to see that this is a good place despite a few people. That's all.

Last edited:

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
This isn't about join dates, this is about common respect for people that have been here longer, and thus know the rules and their role in the community. While I've only been a member for a year, I've been more active than people who have been members for 5 or even 10 years, but respect them because they've been around longer and know the history. I respect forum rules like not posting about roms, or the rules in the war room (which is where this thread should be IMHO), because I don't want to become the type of fodder for the established members that the NGX fans have largely become. I've had my own missteps in here as well (ask anyone) but I can take the hazing, take a joke, and roll with it.

It all boils down to respect. Have an opposing viewpoint on the DMCA? That's awesome. Just don't try to post roms or discussions on where to get them here.

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
You don't earn anything by merely existing... And I'm not running anyone down. I'm stating the facts as I see them. The overt noob bashing does nothing but hurt the growth of the community... A community based around a dead gaming system. For what it's worth I do respect the rules. I don't respect someone disrespecting someone on the basis of a join date and I never will respect that. If you read my post you'll see that I don't believe this is true for most of the members here... I'm am a member of several other gaming boards and on any of them you can find quite a few people that joined up here and left in a hurry because of the treatment they received. We are all here for the same reason.. Because we love the neo geo. That shared common bond should be the grounds for us to respect one another.. Not a join date.

It's not about a join date, no one REALLY cares about that. It's almost always a joke.

I also don't care about any other forums, much less their view of their treatment or reception here. If they didn't like it, they can bitch elsewhere, that's their right.

We're getting off track here and I'll simplify it:

Post roms, infringing materials or disregard forum rules and you're banned. Period.

Tolerance for poor behavior, especially for activity in this section, is at an all time low.

I don't care how long you've lurked, how many other forums you're on or how much of an asshole you think I am for doing it.

My concern is the long-term future of this site and its regular members, not a bunch of rom whores and pirates who want to take up residence and act like they're running the asylum.

Last edited:

TurboRotary13b

Crossed Swords Squire
I've never posted a rom here. I've only tried to help... At Rots request I wrote a whole tutorial thread here to try to get that shit out of the hacking thread. I love the Neo Geo and I'm happy that we have such a vibrant forum here but I've seen a lot of people scared off from this place. That hurts growth of the community... And yes I know that my noob opinion is shit.. LOL. BTW I do understand the mods position on trying to protect the community and it's established members. I'm not making an argument against doing that.

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I've never posted a rom here. I've only tried to help... At Rots request I wrote a whole tutorial thread here to try to get that shit out of the hacking thread. I love the Neo Geo and I'm happy that we have such a vibrant forum here but I've seen a lot of people scared off from this place. That hurts growth of the community... And yes I know that my noob opinion is shit.. LOL. BTW I do understand the mods position on trying to protect the community and it's established members. I'm not making an argument against doing that.

If you love the neo as much as you say, then welcome to the party.

The rest of the guys trying to figure out how to monetize their rom collections can GTFO.

Danthor9

n00b
Eh, I'm not bothered. I don't think I was singled out for any sort of offensive effect, I wasn't breaking any forum rules or guidelines (I was only saying if a new person can understand rules laid very clearly by the mods, then it shouldn't be a problem for anyone), I think I just chose a remarkably poor phrasing that stepped on a lot of understandably frayed nerves. I respect everyone here before me, and I am observing the rules, I'm just here as Turborotary said, out of my love for NeoGeo, recently rekindled by the NGX! Frankly, I can't wait for more game and accessory announcements.

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
Thanks! I love MK and Superjail too. ;)

kid-on-barney-and-friends-simulates-brushing-teeth_o_270139.gif

I kid, I kid.

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
And whilst we are at it, I dont know why this header is on the top of the page.....direct all questions about hacking to Lee Gray, Neo Geo X and Rom moderator.

I have never hacked anything in my life.

slerch666

updyke,
Stop using the "but I've been lurking here for years!" argument to justify your insignificant presence on this forum, nobody gives a fuck.

I've been a member for years. Stopped posting aeons ago and only came back because of the X.

slerch666

updyke,
I always love that one. CDAMM may be the only legitimate long-time lurker I know of.

I also don't give a fuck if someone has been lurking for years, I only care about people who actively contribute. The rest are a waste of bandwidth and hosting costs.

Happy to be a waste.

Actively contribute? On this forum? :kekeke:

Close all but the Neo Geo forums and that might actually be true.

95% of all members are wastes of bandwidth.