WTF happened?

slerch666

updyke,
Well.. yeah, but we waste bandwidth with style, y'know.

Newbs waste it with style too.

The "I'm fucking annoying, look at me, give me ROMZZZ" sort of waste.

Problem is, it's got a style (poor style) and is too much like all the others I think is the point. Is annoying a style for newbs?

Mishran

New Challenger
Newbs waste it with style too.

The "I'm fucking annoying, look at me, give me ROMZZZ" sort of waste.

Problem is, it's got a style (poor style) and is too much like all the others I think is the point. Is annoying a style for newbs?

Everyone starts out as a newb, pal, but not all newbs are bad.

While I favor the Neo Geo X, that doesn't make me a ROM begging whore. I've been collecting Neo for years, have a cab, several MVS boards, 50+ MVS games, an AES with 4 games, and a Hyper 64 with 4 games. But I'm still a damn newb because I just joined, right?

For the record, I've tried numerous time in the past several years to join these boards, but for some reason I was always missed. I just happened to get accepted while all this bullshit started going down, but I guess I can expect to be treated like dirt all the same regardless of my intentions of being here?

I understand everyone's beef with "newbs", but come one... give people a chance before you start stoning them.

slerch666

updyke,
Everyone starts out as a newb, pal, but not all newbs are bad.

While I favor the Neo Geo X, that doesn't make me a ROM begging whore. I've been collecting Neo for years, have a cab, several MVS boards, 50+ MVS games, an AES with 4 games, and a Hyper 64 with 4 games. But I'm still a damn newb because I just joined, right?

For the record, I've tried numerous time in the past several years to join these boards, but for some reason I was always missed. I just happened to get accepted while all this bullshit started going down, but I guess I can expect to be treated like dirt all the same regardless of my intentions of being here?

I understand everyone's beef with "newbs", but come one... give people a chance before you start stoning them.

Don't take it personally. I was being sarcastic.

As far as what newbs contribute vs what old tymers contribute, the difference for most is negligible. Join date is the main differentiators for these posters.

And yes, you're still a newb. Building clout here is like being ass fucked by a bear, while given only a 2"x2" piece of sandpaper to clean yourself with after the bear is done.

And most find that this hazing, bear ass fucking isn't worth the time or effort.

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member

I highly doubt this story. We had open registration until about august of last year.

Your rejection after that point had absolutely nothing to do with your "worthiness", your registration tripped off something that made it look suspicious or fake. Maybe you can't read a CAPTCHA correctly?

The community at large gives everyone a chance. Trying to whitewash the glut of rom whores and stupidity as of late is foolish. Read the forums and FAQS, don't ask repetitive questions that are easily answered, don't come in here trying to alpha male anyone or bitching about the rules. Do that and you'll be fine.

Last edited:

YANDMAN

NEST Puppet
I mailed Funstock asking if the next shipment of the X Gold to the u.k due in February would have any of the suggested and required firmware updates, The response i got was that they couldn't say if the next batch would but regardless of if you purchase now or later every Neo Geo x gold will receive the same correct update curing all wrongs at the same time.

This would be brilliant if this happens id like to see some happy Neo players

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
I can see how they can do a firmware update via the usb ports in the dock through the handheld, but how will they do it through the handheld if thats all you own ?

Danthor

NAM-75 Vet
I think they'll probably put it on the next batch of gamecards, it'll auto detect your firmware version and install before play, kind of like how Nintendo did with Super Smash Bros Melee, and the like.

Lee Gray

I think they'll probably put it on the next batch of gamecards, it'll auto detect your firmware version and install before play, kind of like how Nintendo did with Super Smash Bros Melee, and the like.

hope so as if they can get the picture crisp through the av/scart cables then I can get an old CRT TV and play, as at the moment it looks crap on my TV, only HDMI looks good but its too stretched.

Last edited:

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member

We do. There have been hundreds, no, thousands of people who came here and blended right in without any fuss. However, there's always a certain percentage of annoying n00b pricks who think that behaving like 3rd graders gets them some sort of respect. Needless to say it doesn't, it only gets them the wrath of long-time members, most of whom are sick and tired of these people.

So, yeah, everyone has to start somewhere but if you're new at a forum, it's good practice to respect the way its members roll. If you don't like how things are here, all the bitching, flaming and being a prick in the world won't change it. Many of them tried, now their skulls are plastered all over the War Room. :smirk:

So, mein Freund, be cool, be yourself and love thy Neo, then things will run smoothly.

Tacitus

Staff member
$55? That's really taking the piss. That's one hell of a margin.

Considering you can find them for $3-5 a piece (probably much less in bulk), that's an ass raping of the highest order.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
But think of all the labor involved in cutting a couple of traces and rewiring it!

Tacitus

Staff member
But think of all the labor involved in cutting a couple of traces and rewiring it!

There is also the effort of opening the plastic and then gluing or snapping it back together.

I'm sure the ROMs are also TOTALLY NOT BEING SOLD SEPARATELY ON A MEMORY CARD PACKED IN THE BOX WITH IT!

If I find out he's selling roms privately through the boards again, I'm nuking him permanently. That's not an idle threat. We know about it already.

Lee Gray

He does tutorials too so maybe he would just direct them there.

Hopefully when more games are released and the picture issues get fixed, there might be more posts about the games and system itself rather than hacking talk.

Last edited:

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Considering you can find them for $3-5 a piece (probably much less in bulk), that's an ass raping of the highest order.

What makes it sad is I'm sure he didn't know hardly fuck all about how to do it before this forum showed him how. Profiting off of other people's efforts. So fucking NGF I swear..