ulyses31

Crazed MVS Addict
It seems it's a french guy specialized on neo geo conversions

Edit: and also megadrive and NES repros

Last edited:

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
fucking froggot flippers. this is one of the many reasons this hobby has gone to total shit

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
...fuck... I'm so happy I'm into MVS and have almost all the carts I want. Some time ago someone posted a french site now doing full repros of MVS kits - cart label, boxlabel, mm, papers, everything.

"Original" MVS stuff is becoming rarer by the day, prices increase.... people are stupid.

julencin2000

Dodgeball Yakuza
What I can't even grasp is: now we have SD carts, so why repros? I do understand the touch-and-feel reason, but I'd prefer to invest on a Krikz's Famicom and play Recca instead of a Recca's repro.

"Para gustos colores", there are colors for every taste, BUT.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
so why repros?
shelf candy. Don't even think asshats who buy this shit will play the games, they could easily get a converter+legit MVS carts (or a multicart... or emulate). It's not about the games.

totoro

X>2, (He is so wrong -Ed),
Yeah that's what i cannot understand as well...
You wanna play the game and you don't afford it,well emulate...why do you need a metal slug conversion really?
And i dont think that they want to be collectors but can't afford it and end up with repros ,because collectors go for the real thing.
I mean how happy can you be if you have ,even as shefl candy, a fake blazing star for example?

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
Wow, lots of stupid people buying these in Europe I guess. I mean they wouldn't be doing this if there was no market there for it and it's not just one person but multiple people, so they must gobble that up over there.

ulyses31

Crazed MVS Addict
He's not the only one. This guy also sells conversions on ebay.http://www.neooldstore.com/neo-geo/aes-conversions/?mobile=1

This is a well-known spanish site (or at least well-known in spain). I don't really know why people buys conversions, better than this they could buy a converter and MVS games but the fact is that people buys from him because I have seen them on some "today I received..." threads on different forums.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
This is a well-known spanish site (or at least well-known in spain). I don't really know why people buys conversions, better than this they could buy a converter and MVS games but the fact is that people buys from him because I have seen them on some "today I received..." threads on different forums.

One reason to buy boots may be because people do not know there are MVS carts and/or converters (strange, but there are people for everything). Another one, maybe they have read that converters are poorly made, can have issues with games, can damage your console or something else (which to be fair, is true with some converters out there). Finally, maybe the want to have an experience as close as possible to the real deal, like having the AES cart, plays exactly the same, having a manual, plastic box and insert, but do not have the money for the real deal.

Regards.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Funny thing is that he sells a Pleasure Goal conversion for 180€ while the MVS cart alone is more expensive...
Must be a freaking boot. Which is worse than a conv.

cr8zykuban0

Igniz's Servent
I kinda like the megadrive conversions but the aes conversions are getting a bit out of hand. just stick to mvs for the harder to find titles.

Bar81

Note to self, Place interesting, Custom rank here.
20 Year Member
Funny thing is that he sells a Pleasure Goal conversion for 180€ while the MVS cart alone is more expensive...
Must be a freaking boot. Which is worse than a conv.

The prices are for boots, if you want proper conversions, the prices are even higher.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
The prices are for boots, if you want proper conversions, the prices are even higher.

It's funny how on his site he says they are conversions but not from original chips, what a fuckwad.

Opethian

Basara's Blade Keeper
10 Year Member
are there any marking on these to make it obvious its not real arts or manuals?

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member

For those who know what to look for...but then you'd need an authentic item to compare with.

Bar81

Note to self, Place interesting, Custom rank here.
20 Year Member

Correct. If you don't know what to look for you would assume they are original.

For those who know what to look for...but then you'd need an authentic item to compare with.

I wouldn't go that far. If you have a loupe it's pretty obvious.

Opethian

Basara's Blade Keeper
10 Year Member
well the megadrive and NES carts are obvious but the NEO I figure at the least they would punch out the barcode or have some obvious marking so people don't pass them off as fake. I guess they leave the rest of the scam to the customers. how shitty