WTT: Neo XYX Limited Edition MVS for Neo XYX C.E. Complete

Fakk2

Crossed Swords 2 Bootleg Artist.,
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
I happened to miss out on the Collectors Edition of the Neo XYX MVS when it was up for pre-order in Dec of 2013. I ended up getting the Limited Edition MVS instead, due to missing out on the C.E. MVS.

I want to find someone that has the Neo XYX Collectors Edition MVS cart in the shockbox with Soundtrack CD and posters etc. that just doesn't seem to care much for all the extra goodies, and I want to trade them for my Limited Edition version, plus I will pay the price difference between the two versions.

Neo XYX is the ONLY MVS cart I have missed out on getting the C.E. for on the NGDevTeam games, and so I feel like my Neo XYX is a bit out of place in the gamecenter style brown box sitting next to all the others that are in the shock boxes.

So, if you own the game on MVS in the Collectors Edition with all the extra content, (shockbox, insert, CD Soundtrack, posters, postcard, bookmarks, etc..), and want to trade for the Limited Edition and have some extra cash in your pocket, hit me up. I have been on these forums for a while, have perfect feedback here and on ebay, (Bonks-Gamezone), and I have been into Neo-Geo since 1990, and everyone on these forums knows me very well.

Thanks for your time.:glee:

Close this thread now please, Neo XYX C.E. MVS is now mine!

Last edited:

JMKurtz

Tech Support Moderator,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
What is the difference (list and market value) between the two? You might want to put a dollar amount in here to see if anyone is interested. There's probably a reason why the C.E. sold out and is no longer available, which makes it more valuable to someone that would want to get it now.

Jeff

Fakk2

Rating - 100%
55   0   0
What is the difference (list and market value) between the two? You might want to put a dollar amount in here to see if anyone is interested. There's probably a reason why the C.E. sold out and is no longer available, which makes it more valuable to someone that would want to get it now.

Jeff

There is very little price difference between the two versions. When the game was selling direct from NGDevTeam, the price difference between the two (C.E. and L.E. kits was 50 EUROs), the Collectors Edition version was sold in a quantity of something like 100 carts worldwide IIRC, and the Limited Edition MVS kit that was for sale right after the C.E. sold out was 50 Euros cheaper, and was sold in a quantity of about 100 carts worldwide as well (if they even had that many interested people in it).

They seem to have various issues with it on certain MVS boards, and no matter how many updates come out, (3 so far), it still remains with certain bugs which is why both editions are completely discontinued right now, thus both of them retain their value quite well, (and they do not want to waste their time updating the game anymore, which is a bad sign if you ask me),.. albeit the C.E. is worth a tiny bit more due to the shockbox case/insert and CD soundtrack and little postcards. However, I own the game on AES as well, so I have the CD soundtrack, postcards, and shit, I just really want the C.E. MVS to match all my other C.E. kits of the NGDev games on MVS.

I honestly do not think that the price difference between the two is anything more than $90 at the most right now, and I would be willing to do a swap with my game and throw $100 into the mix, (perhaps a little more), for the price difference, just for the damn shockbox, cd soundtrack and extra shit that came with the C.E. Otherwise the games that were sold were the absolute same thing. I can provide pics if anyone cares. I just thought there would be someone out there that has the C.E., and found the game not all the great, and wanted a little extra cash and retain the game itself, and just get rid of the "extras" that came with the C.E. version of the game.

BTW, every version of the NGDev Team carts sells out immediately, and is never up for a reprint when it comes to the Collectors Edition MVS kits. They always do just one run of those, like they do with the AES carts, and that's it, from that point forward they just release and reprint the MVS gamecenter editions, with the brown box, and the little stuff inside the box. As for Neo XYX, it won't be getting any reprints due to the bugs in the game that they cannot fix right now. At least, this is what I am led to believe from all the things I have read, and the vague emails from NGDevTeam.

Last edited:

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
Why not simply buy a new shock box and get the insert printed somewhere? Or even ask if NGDev themselves can sell you an insert? You already got all the rest of stuff..

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
95   0   1
Collectors as in douchebags right?

That's right, I call all them collectors douchebags, everyone has their thing and hey go for it, collect your games 'cause that's the tits, my thing is calling collectors douchebags, everyone has their thing...

Fakk2

Rating - 100%
55   0   0
Actually, I have tried asking NG Dev Team for that shit, they said that it has all been sold out for like 2 years, so they have nothing. I have asked people that own the game for a fucking high quality scan of their insert for a shock box that I already own, and they wont even scan the god damn thing for me. So? All I can do is attempt to get the damn real deal. Also, just a little FYI, I play the fuck out of my Neo-Geo games, which is why I buy doubles of all my games. Yeah, I collect them also, as I love my Neo-Geo and shit, and my wife likes them also. So, fuck it, I guess I am a douchebag for collecting them, I could be worse. lol I have been into NeoGeo since day one and I have had the entire NG game set more than once, I just like buying them, and playing them... The Neo-Geo is by far my favorite console of all time. It's my opinion that those just getting into it, because they had no interest in it in the 90's are the douchbags... but, to each his own I guess.

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
Actually, I have tried asking NG Dev Team for that shit, they said that it has all been sold out for like 2 years, so they have nothing. I have asked people that own the game for a fucking high quality scan of their insert for a shock box that I already own, and they wont even scan the god damn thing for me. So? All I can do is attempt to get the damn real deal. Also, just a little FYI, I play the fuck out of my Neo-Geo games, which is why I buy doubles of all my games. Yeah, I collect them also, as I love my Neo-Geo and shit, and my wife likes them also. So, fuck it, I guess I am a douchebag for collecting them, I could be worse. lol I have been into NeoGeo since day one and I have had the entire NG game set more than once, I just like buying them, and playing them... The Neo-Geo is by far my favorite console of all time. It's my opinion that those just getting into it, because they had no interest in it in the 90's are the douchbags... but, to each his own I guess.

That sucks, thats kind of a shitty response from NG Dev Team too. They could have atleast told you "too bad, fuck off". Instead of being like "sorry, they are sold out". Because you know if anything they atleast have the original source image they sent to the printer.

Fakk2

Rating - 100%
55   0   0
That sucks, thats kind of a shitty response from NG Dev Team too. They could have atleast told you "too bad, fuck off". Instead of being like "sorry, they are sold out". Because you know if anything they atleast have the original source image they sent to the printer.

It is what it is, so I need to buy the C.E. MVS from someone. I actually asked NGDevTeam for any extras that they had to the game about 2 months after it sold out, and they told me that the game was sold out, and that was their only response about it back then. I asked them again about it a few weeks ago, and again they basically just said its been sold out for a few years now, so there is no way to get a hold of the stuff anymore. This is the same type of deal though that I had with the original Last Hope AES that was sold in 2005. They actually showed a nice English Edition insert, but it was super small in size, and I asked if they would just give me a jpg file or something of it in higher quality so I can make my own insert, and they flat out said nope. lol

Don't get me wrong, I have spoken with them about many things, and I always got a response and sometimes they do help me out with some shit, but when it comes to their games and getting "extras", even paying for them, most of the time they don't like doing that. They just want people to buy their releases when they are on pre-order, and if you miss out, then tuff luck, try again next time. I was in a really bad spot financially when NeoXYX was on preorder and I just could not get the dough fast enough, so I missed out on that one, and it is the ONLY one I missed out on. So I am trying to get that game, and now it's a bit late for that, so chances are I won't be getting it because when people get these games from the NGDevTeam, most of them don't sell them.

NGDevTeam told me, to the best of their knowledge, I am just one of about 5-10 people that they even know of that plays the AES carts that I buy from them, and the ONLY one they know of that is willing to open the AES carts to update them IF they were updatable, which is why they don't bother making the AES carts updatable. They said extremely few people have even ever asked for updates for the MVS carts either, so most people just don't give a shit about updating the carts, nor do many people play them outside of japan.

This is one of the reasons why I think they cut corners and don't even bother making endings to their games, nor spend time on intros, and I think they are tired of even doing updates for the games, as nobody seems to give a shit about the updates. Most people, (not myself), buy their games simply to put on a shelf, and let it collect dust and value, protected with a plastic case.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Rating - 100%
309   0   0
One word, Speculators. I see alot of the NG : DEV games on ebay all the time, at outrageous BIN prices. Video games have become nothing but a flipper's paradise now.

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
NGDevTeam told me, to the best of their knowledge, I am just one of about 5-10 people that they even know of that plays the AES carts that I buy from them, and the ONLY one they know of that is willing to open the AES carts to update them IF they were updatable, which is why they don't bother making the AES carts updatable. They said extremely few people have even ever asked for updates for the MVS carts either, so most people just don't give a shit about updating the carts, nor do many people play them outside of japan.

This is one of the reasons why I think they cut corners and don't even bother making endings to their games, nor spend time on intros, and I think they are tired of even doing updates for the games, as nobody seems to give a shit about the updates. Most people, (not myself), buy their games simply to put on a shelf, and let it collect dust and value, protected with a plastic case.

I mean thats the kind of consumer you are targeting when you price your shit like that. But I dont blame the consumers for not playing the games, I wouldn't want insertion marks on my $500 game either.

Fakk2

Rating - 100%
55   0   0
One word, Speculators. I see alot of the NG : DEV games on ebay all the time, at outrageous BIN prices. Video games have become nothing but a flipper's paradise now.

I agree, and it pisses me off as much as the next guy. I have a shit ton of receipts of games I bought in the 90s on the NeoGeo, most of them were under $100, and in great condition, even Metal Slug and Metal Slug 2 were bought new for $295 and $249 respectively, and Ninja Masters was $175. Now they are so fucking expensive it is insane, and it is due to nothing more than price gouging, god damn people that buy the games for nothing and are asking for $2,500 before the game is even worth $800... just because they bought out all the damn stock. The same shit is happening to SNES, Turbo Duo and everything else. Ebay fucking killed gaming in general, and now the only shit we can get at a normal price is current gen and last gen, and if we do not get them now, in 5 years the same will happen to those games, which is why I'm getting all the PS3 shit that I want right now, while they are all like $10-$20 each!

I mean thats the kind of consumer you are targeting when you price your shit like that. But I dont blame the consumers for not playing the games, I wouldn't want insertion marks on my $500 game either.

That's pretty much the truth, I play the shit out of my games, but, because they cost so damn much, I have to play them using converters, and wrapping them in fucking paper towels before inserting them in the console, because insertion marks fucking ruin the price, and one day, way down the road, I might need to sell them and god forbid they have a fucking scratch on them. :P

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
I agree, and it pisses me off as much as the next guy. I have a shit ton of receipts of games I bought in the 90s on the NeoGeo, most of them were under $100, and in great condition, even Metal Slug and Metal Slug 2 were bought new for $295 and $249 respectively, and Ninja Masters was $175. Now they are so fucking expensive it is insane, and it is due to nothing more than price gouging, god damn people that buy the games for nothing and are asking for $2,500 before the game is even worth $800... just because they bought out all the damn stock. The same shit is happening to SNES, Turbo Duo and everything else. Ebay fucking killed gaming in general, and now the only shit we can get at a normal price is current gen and last gen, and if we do not get them now, in 5 years the same will happen to those games, which is why I'm getting all the PS3 shit that I want right now, while they are all like $10-$20 each!

That's pretty much the truth, I play the shit out of my games, but, because they cost so damn much, I have to play them using converters, and wrapping them in fucking paper towels before inserting them in the console, because insertion marks fucking ruin the price, and one day, way down the road, I might need to sell them and god forbid they have a fucking scratch on them. :P

I think if the neo ever gets a flash cart, alot of the prices will fall and start to even out. I know if I had a flash cart my collection would be alot slimmer and I wouldn't be looking for the last few titles.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
163   0   0
I think if the neo ever gets a flash cart, alot of the prices will fall and start to even out. I know if I had a flash cart my collection would be alot slimmer and I wouldn't be looking for the last few titles.

thats what they said about the nes and snes and pce/ tg16/ and everything else.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
If anything, making the games more widely known will only increase their prices. Just look at what happened to the prices of those common games after NGX was released.

Last edited:

Fakk2

Rating - 100%
55   0   0
Come on guys, can we please just keep the fucking thread about what I am looking for, and if anyone has it, please give me an offer in a PM. Everyone else, take the "other" comments to the "General shit" area, please. Thaaaaanks! lol :D

Last edited:

Fakk2

Rating - 100%
55   0   0
Thank you everyone for your help! This thread can now be closed! I have finally obtained the LAST NG DevTeam Collectors Edition cart that I need to complete my collection. Neo XYX (Zaikusu) Collectors Edition MVS is now mine!

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Insertion marks shouldnt mean anything for anything. Terms like that are so infuriating.

Last edited: