WTT: Working Street Fighter 2 Turbo board for someone to calibrate and degauss my monitor

bulbousbeard

Iconic Romhacker Analinguist
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in San Jose, CA.

It's an official Capcom SF2T board. It works.

I have _no_ idea what I'm doing with CRTs. I have a Wells Gardner monitor that has crappy convergence and needs to be degaussed/tweaked.

I will also throw in free beer.

Metalslug

Cham Cham's Banana,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
I had the same problem. I bought a degausser from Fry's and played around with the convergeance rings. It works fine now. You can DIY!

bulbousbeard

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just don't want to mess with it when I really don't know what I'm doing. I also don't want to dump any more money into it if it's really busted, and I don't need the SF2T board anyway.

Metalslug

Cham Cham's Banana,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
There are vids on youtube to calibrate it with the cross hatch screen. Pickup a degausser from fry's. It's only $40. Don't want you to waste a SF2T board on some fool that will calibrate it in a few minutes. You should be building your CPS2 collection, not shredding it.

Jassin000

Frenzy Football Player
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Metalslug is right... Take it from someone who shared your fears not more then 6 months ago.

Now I'm discharging anode caps, pullin' chassis and adjusting neck board pots with the greatest of ease. If I can do it, so can you!

neoXmen

n00b
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'd do it for free if I didn't live 2000 miles away. ;) Don't give away an ST board for gods sake.

bulbousbeard

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I appreciate the thought, but I really don't need the SF2T board, and I'm not comfortable with doing it myself. Bump!

Metalslug

Cham Cham's Banana,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
Sell the board then. Don't give it to someone to fix your monitor. It's easy.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
111   0   0
if a monitor already looks terrible, why you would be afraid of tampering is beyond me. hope someone will bother helping you out for free though.

bulbousbeard

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It doesn't look horrible, but it doesn't look that great, either. I think it needs some adjustments to fix the convergence issues and degaussing.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
111   0   0
does the cab not have a degauss button? do you not own a power drill that you can put near the monitor to work the magnetism out? you do know that every time you move that cab it is going to need to be degaussed....

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
111   0   0
the degauss circuit should engage from a cold start up. ive heard its about once every 20 minutes you can do this. turn the cab on and off, come back in about a half hour and do it again, repeat a few times, should remove any magnetism. or use the butt of a power drill to do it.

Hide

Banned
Rating - 98%
50   1   0
anyway i'm looking for a SF2T board CPS1.
If you are interested in shipping it to Singapore, let me know please.
if you can't pm yet, please email me @ lennert@teamdm.asia

Lenn.

bulbousbeard

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
max 300 mega: so if I've left it off for over 24 hours, turned it back on, and it still has a color splotch, it's probably not a degaussing issue and probably a color purity issue or something else?

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
111   0   0
nah dude. sometimes it takes multiple degauss attempts. orrrrr... the degauss coil (dude.. you can do this, feel around the tube and if there is a giant ribbed hose or bundle of wire that wraps allllll the way around the picture tube a few inches behind the actual front of it, that is the coil) may not be laying on the tube directly? (it should be, has no reason not to be) then i guess you may have to make sure it is actually present? never seen a monitor that had one removed honestly. basically, dude if the coil cant cure it after a few tries USE THE BUTT OF A DRILL IN SOFT CIRCULAR SWEEPING MOTIONS!!!! degaussing is literally THE easiest issue you will ever come across in a monitor. i suggest you begin to learn this stuff now if you intend to collect arcades because so many people do not, and it drives me nuts. i am no master by any means, half the time i cant figure out what is wrong with a really screwed up monitor at this point, but its like driving a car, at least know where your fluids go and be able to check your tires before driving.

bulbousbeard

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It isn't just degaussing, though. The convergence is jacked. On a CPS2 cross hatch, I'm seeing red and blue dots pretty far off from the white dot.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
111   0   0
i cant believe youre in CA and no one has offered assistance. so many members on here live in CA. cmon guys anybody? i mean.. theres free beer. and a free arcade board. if i were not on the complete opposite side of the US id come try and help definitely.