Xbox One Impressions

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Ok guys, little help - in terms of Killer Instinct - whats the best way to get all the content for this game? - this crap is confusing.

I'm assuming it would be to get the physical disc combo breaker pack for $20 at most places and then the downloadable 2 Killer Instinct: Season 2 Ultra Edition for $39.99 - so $60 all in.

I see there is a complete edition (dlc) for $80...but not sure what that contains thats not in the combo breaker pack and season 2 ultra dlc. Fuck, I hate this crap, not sure why I am subjecting myself to it...

Also, is there any way to use a 360 HRAP on an xbox one? Could Lemony Vengeance jigger something up?

EDIT: Also, I know Titanfall is online only...so I assume you need a paid xbox live membership in order to play at all, correct?

Last edited:

neo_X7

Disciple Of Orochi
Ok guys, little help - in terms of Killer Instinct - whats the best way to get all the content for this game? - this crap is confusing.

I'm assuming it would be to get the physical disc combo breaker pack for $20 at most places and then the downloadable 2 Killer Instinct: Season 2 Ultra Edition for $39.99 - so $60 all in.

I see there is a complete edition (dlc) for $80...but not sure what that contains thats not in the combo breaker pack and season 2 ultra dlc. Fuck, I hate this crap, not sure why I am subjecting myself to it...

Also, is there any way to use a 360 HRAP on an xbox one? Could Lemony Vengeance jigger something up?

EDIT: Also, I know Titanfall is online only...so I assume you need a paid xbox live membership in order to play at all, correct?

Buy the $60 for all, it is on sale right now. Combo Breaker is for people who don't want the old arcade games plus you have to wait a extra week for new charaters.

Last edited:

Pretty Amy

Loyal Neo-Disciple
10 Year Member

Correct. It's a PvP-only game. You can probably do the training offline...?

I'd also recommend:

* Dead Rising 3 - Lots of fun and much more approachable than the 1st one (never did play 2)
* Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams - If you haven't already played it somewhere else, euro-style platformer
* Guacamelee!: Super Turbo Championship Edition - Also if you haven't already played it elsewhere, Metroid style
* Powerstar Golf - If you like golf games, really well done
* Strider - Well done Metroid style game, but probably not as good as Guacamelee
* Super Time Force - Really good cross between an action platformer and puzzle game
* Valiant Hearts: The Great War - Very beautiful adventure game
* Volgarr the Viking - Very challenging, old school action platformer

neo_mao

15 Year Member
Thanks for all the info guys - I ended up taking the plunge and grabbing a white version (ya'll know how I feel about my white consoles...)

I'm keeping my expectations pretty low right now. Really got this for Killer Instinct, which is kinda crazy but oh well. I'll pick up Sunset Overdrive as well, though I feel the game has too much attitude for me...hopefully too cutscenes/dialogue will not be so grating as to turn me off from playing what otherwise looks to be pretty fun.

In terms of non-exclusive games...I don't suppose there is a steadfast rule about ps4 version xbone versions of games. Thinking about getting Evolve. From what I've read online (ha), looks like though the PS4 is at 1080p, there were some graphical compromises made when compared to the xbone version. I cant tell the damn difference anyway...but may end up grabbing this on xbone just to have something else to play....not that there is huge library on the ps4 either.

neo_mao

15 Year Member
Forza looks ok, but I don't know...I really can't into those types of games. Doesn't Horizons 2 have a story mode/custscenes or something - yuck. In terms of racing, I really need them to be truly arcade - can't stand open world stuff. Ridge Racer, some of the Motorstorm games, the older Burnout games...those are the only modern racing games I really enjoy.
If anything Drive Club might be more up my alley...

But anyway, I downloaded Killer Instinct last night and it is bliss. I haven't played a KI in years and forgot how fun it is. Plays well with the standard xbone controller...though wouldn't mind getting a stick down the road...especially if I get MK 10 later on.

I ended up getting the comprehensive bundle (whatever its called) for $60. Looks like there are 3 unavailable fighters at the character select screen. Are those guys part of "season 2" as well, and will be forthcoming downloads? Or are they unlockable right now? Hope I don't have to shell out some additional cash for those guys.

neo_mao

15 Year Member
Ah looks like those 3 characters are Cinder, Aria and Hisako and are all part of Season 2. I'm assuming they have not been released yet...bummer

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I love the D-Pad on the XBOX One, finally some ingenuity although I think the Vita was first. Either way, genius design.

KI looks awesome, other than that not much that I'm particularly interested in. Same thing goes for the PS4, I'm just waiting until SFV comes, then it's business time.

Would love to see a new Ridge Racer as this series has alaways been known for being an early title in a lot of systems. Gotta surpass RR7 though, no need to take steps backwards.

Time will tell but I think this is one of those generations where you don't need both systems. PS4 for me so far due to the exclusivity to SFV. I'm open to both systems if the game library grabs my attention.

Last edited:

neo_mao

15 Year Member
I love the D-Pad on the XBOX One, finally some ingenuity although I think the Vita was first. Either way, genius design.

KI looks awesome, other than that not much that I'm particularly interested in. Same thing goes for the PS4, I'm just waiting until SFV comes, then it's business time.

Would love to see a new Ridge Racer as this series has alaways been known for being an early title in a lot of systems. Gotta surpass RR7 though, no need to take steps backwards.

Time will tell but I think this is one of those generations where you don't need both systems. PS4 for me so far due to the exclusivity to SFV. I'm open to both systems if the game library grabs my attention.

Yeah you are right about that, I like both the Vita and Xbox controls as well and was surprised by how playable fighters are on the Vita - and its got a bunch of great ones. I DL'ed Guilty Gear Accent Core (digital only) awhile back and it is awesome on the Vita. Actually, I like the PS4 controller a lot too!

Definitely slim pickings on the Xbox One though. Quantum Break is an exclusive and will be a must buy for me (I really liked Alan Wake), and I'm assuming there will be a Gears of War game. If over its course I get 5-10 great games then I'll consider this a worthy purchase - but only time will tell :)

Last edited:

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
You are also getting Raiden V, so there's something to look forward to.

zaneiken

Zero's Tailor
10 Year Member
Ah looks like those 3 characters are Cinder, Aria and Hisako and are all part of Season 2. I'm assuming they have not been released yet...bummer

Hisako will be out in the next few days. Cinder and Aria will be out April and May respectively.

Dual-mod it with a pad-hacked XB1 controller.

Last edited:

neo_mao

15 Year Member
So Cinder is finally out - played around with him a bit yesterday and like him quite a bit - definitely one of the better season 2 characters.

And it looks like Shadow Jago can now be purchased too...but you have to buy him with a bunch of other useless crap and they are charging $20 for the bundle. Dammit - I'm not spending $20 to get Shadow Jago :(

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
The Forza Horizon games do have story, but not much of one. It's just a bit of structure to keep progression meaningful. Both Horizons were must-haves for racing fans.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Fuck PS4 and Xbone. All they have are American, non-Japanese dystopic FPS/TPS games.

Spoiler:
I'll probably break down and get an Xbone when Rock Band 4 Comes out

SNKNostalgia

Avid Neo-Expert
Fuck PS4 and Xbone. All they have are American, non-Japanese dystopic FPS/TPS games.

Spoiler:
I'll probably break down and get an Xbone when Rock Band 4 Comes out

Well, there are games like: The Evil Within, Bloodborne, DOA 5 Last Round, Guilty Gear Xrd, Dragon Quest Heroes (also a sequel announced), MGS V Phantom Pain, a new Assault Suit Leynos, Blazblue Chrono Phantasma Extended, Daylight, Final Fantasy X/X-2 re-remaster, Final Fantasy Type-0, Final Fantasy XV, DMC Definitive Edition, Dragonball Xenoverse (which I hear is surprisingly good), Galak-Z, God Eater 2, Gran Turismo 7, Persona 5, Star Ocean 5, Street Fighter V, and so many other Japanese games. Not all of them are great, but there are quite a bit of them I like or will most likely enjoy coming out soon.

Stuart989

Sexless Insecure troglodyte, Has an awesome pc rig
Better and more interesting exclusives than the low end station 4. A shame that it is even more lower end than the low end station 4 if you know what I mean...

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Better and more interesting exclusives than the low end station 4. A shame that it is even more lower end than the low end station 4 if you know what I mean...

This is one of the worst posts of all-time.

SNKNostalgia

Avid Neo-Expert

Video game elitism pretty much died with the Neo Geo. Fucking deal with it!!!! The PC master race card has been overplayed for too long!!! You might as well not even own any gaming console by your logic. I am dead fucking serious BTW!!! Don't even own a console man, just don't.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member

I'm pretty sure you're an xbot, Sony is so going to pwn M$

Have fun with your crappy expensive system

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Wow, I'm surprised you've submitted yourself to the level of all the ignorant fucks choosing sides on the current gen console wars, lol, pretty pathetic. Both systems have their ups and downs, which one will be best can't be determined just yet and it will boil down to gamers preference on libraries after at least 3 years or so.

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
That part about Xbone having better exclusives is true tho.
icon11.gif

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I think we can all agree both consoles are lackluster. I use my XB1 almost every day tho. Not really to play games, but the HDMI-in did make it my all in one media hub. I can control it with my tablet while I work at home on the couch. It's pretty handy. There's a lot of tricks in that OS that people miss. You can control Youtube app from any device connected on the same wifi. ( and it has an achievement ). The HDMI-in was a smart move towards total living room dominance.

I do feel a little bad for console gamers of this generation. No wonder they just watch other people play on Twitch and YT. The thriving indie scene and seamless online pay are helping though.