Xeno Crisis coming to Neo Geo

gameofyou

Mr. Big's Thug
15 Year Member
The minor overscan thing cannot be addressed - it's a super minor thing imo, feedback means it will be something they focus on on the NEXT Neo Geo game. It's just a complication not needed right now - it would also p*** off CD owners as their version wouldnt contain the update lol (I am assuming the same thing happens there?!?). In any case it is a minor thing!
Yeah, I agree, it’s a very minor thing. I’m just glad it got brought up, so they can consider it for their next game.

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
Final Vendetta. Hmm. Sounds like a beat em up. Interesting.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Does anyone know how NGDevTeam and BB are doing stereo music with ADPCM-B? The YM2610 only has a single channel for ADPCM-B. Maybe there's a hack using some of the unused channels.

PGorath

New Challenger
wait...so on the mvs you don't just fire in the direction you're going? you have to hold a button while rotating with other buttons?

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
wait...so on the mvs you don't just fire in the direction you're going? you have to hold a button while rotating with other buttons?
You don't have to. The option is just there if you want to make adjustments while holding the fire button for fixed shot mode.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
My super temperamental gold system runs this game and that's dope AF. I truly didnt expect perfect results. Great job Bitmap (for real dudes. There is only one BB, and that's big bear! Lol)

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,

vincewy

Loyal Neo-Disciple,
20 Year Member
Nice, they're planning on offering a flash fix in the US & EU for the audio issue with postage paid.

I finally pulled the trigger and ordered EU AES, it's still in confirmed status, I hope it will be shipped out with the aforementioned sound issue fixed without having to send it back.

TMOSteel

20 Year Member
BB has posted a new kickstarter update, with the teaser title of their next NEO game:

Thanks for posting this, I didn't see them mention this update anywhere and I wasn't part of the Kickstarter campaign. Must have missed their tweet...

Last edited:

kingcuckmelon1

War Room Troll
Thanks for posting this, I didn't see them mention this update anywhere and I wasn't part of the Kickstarter campaign. Must have missed their tweet...
I know the Neo has far too many beat em ups... but that better be a beat em up. Also, they said they have titles (plural) in the works

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
I finally pulled the trigger and ordered EU AES, it's still in confirmed status, I hope it will be shipped out with the aforementioned sound issue fixed without having to send it back.
They mentioned that any new order will be shipped out with the audio issue fixed so you're good.

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
What was the difference between the standard and LE versions they originally had for preorder? There's only one version now. Did the LE MVS come with the art set and soft box they're selling separately now?

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
Plus your name ingame as a hostage! No softbox though.
Is that right? That's where the hostage names came from. They weren't just reused donors from the Mega Drive version then. Thanks. Starting to wish I went for it now that I'm playing it.

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member
Sniff 90 euros tax up the ass. God, I hate those Brexit simps.

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
What was the difference between the standard and LE versions they originally had for preorder? There's only one version now. Did the LE MVS come with the art set and soft box they're selling separately now?
LE got the art set that's now for sale separately, soundtrack CD, poster, dog tags, as well as the ability to name one of the hostages in the Neo versions of the game. No soft box though.

And you had the option to choose your serial number as well...

TMOSteel

20 Year Member
Is that right? That's where the hostage names came from. They weren't just reused donors from the Mega Drive version then. Thanks. Starting to wish I went for it now that I'm playing it.
So you got to choose your hostage name, just to be clear on what Gaston said, for example I used my Father's name and rank (Colonel) when he retired from active service, and chose his DOB for the cart serial number, as an homage to him.

Bitmap Bureau responded to a tweet to confirm in game the names are randomly assigned to a hostage and that there were 600 - 700 in total. You can also access a hidden backer menu and manually assign what level your hostage shows up. That part is pretty cool.

gameofyou

Mr. Big's Thug
15 Year Member
Sniff 90 euros tax up the ass. God, I hate those Brexit simps.
I live in the USA, and I don’t think I’ve ever paid import (custom) fees on any games I’ve purchased from overseas.

I just looked it up, and as long as an item value is below $800, you don’t owe any duty fees.

TMOSteel

20 Year Member
I live in the USA, and I don’t think I’ve ever paid import (custom) fees on any games I’ve purchased from overseas.

I just looked it up, and as long as an item value is below $800, you don’t owe any duty fees.
I always thought it was under $2,000, but it looks like if its over $800 but less than $2000, customs will prepare the paperwork, assess the duty and release it. Whatever the hell that means. I guess the post office is supposed to collect it then? Who knows, but like you I have never paid for anything imported.

Last edited:

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member

I like that rule. In the E.U. until June everything under 22 EURO was not taxed. Now everything you import is taxed. Unless you can prove it was a gift or a present.
Belgian Post are real cocksuckers not only do they share you a 21% Tax (which is okay I guess) but you also have to pay an administrative fee for the work they had. But it is not like you have the option to pay in advance. So my package of 229 Pounds now gets added a fee of 95,86 euro (63,86 tax and 32 euro administrative fees .

Ukyo

20 Year Member
finally got some time to play on the mv2f gold cab; looks, plays and sounds great. (I used the unibios patch code for stereo) loving the music and clarity of the voice samples. all the gun sfx are excellent too. default guns remind me of the old halo2 smgs.

I got the limited edition, anyone else finding the mini marquee print is super light? (blacks are not deep in comparison to the postcards or typical mms)

playing on MVS hard mode and just making 1 credit runs, i've almost made it through the arena 2 boss. (shop upgrades make a big difference)

I keep getting caught trying to roll while holding down fire button (like shock troopers)

adjusting to the clockwise and counter clockwise direction rotation with A and C.

keep and eye out for my hostage "AKAPERLY" (haven't seen him yet in any of my playthroughs yet)

also the XENOCRISIS custom logo on the unibios 4.0 splash screen is a very nice touch.

TMOSteel

20 Year Member
finally got some time to play on the mv2f gold cab; looks, plays and sounds great. (I used the unibios patch code for stereo) loving the music and clarity of the voice samples. all the gun sfx are excellent too. default guns remind me of the old halo2 smgs.

I got the limited edition, anyone else finding the mini marquee print is super light? (blacks are not deep in comparison to the postcards or typical mms)

playing on MVS hard mode and just making 1 credit runs, i've almost made it through the arena 2 boss. (shop upgrades make a big difference)

I keep getting caught trying to roll while holding down fire button (like shock troopers)

adjusting to the clockwise and counter clockwise direction rotation with A and C.

keep and eye out for my hostage "AKAPERLY" (haven't seen him yet in any of my playthroughs yet)

also the XENOCRISIS custom logo on the unibios 4.0 splash screen is a very nice touch.
You can enter the hidden backer menu and assign your hostage to any area you want (you have to switch to AES mode via the Unibios):

Highlight OPTIONS, hold RIGHT + B + D, then push A

Unless you know your backer number, you may have to scroll a while...

Not sure if this settings stays in effect if you change back to MVS mode, I will have to test it. Also don't know if its a permanent change or resets when you power off, I'll have to test it.

Ukyo

20 Year Member
You can enter the hidden backer menu and assign your hostage to any area you want (you have to switch to AES mode via the Unibios):

Highlight OPTIONS, hold RIGHT + B + D, then push A

Unless you know your backer number, you may have to scroll a while...

Not sure if this settings stays in effect if you change back to MVS mode, I will have to test it. Also don't know if its a permanent change or resets when you power off, I'll have to test it.
oh interesting, maybe i'll mess around with that. you liking the game?