Xeno Crisis coming to Neo Geo

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
They did do a trick, and the music is indeed in stereo. NGDevTeam's games after the first Last Hope have stereo music as well.

According to BB's blog they use ADPCM A for one channel and ADPCM B for the other. Apparently it only works with the real cartridge, so the rom version is mono.
Well it doesn't make sense to me as a game from early release like Alpha Mission II clearly had great stereophonic music/sound. Im not understanding why the rom release was forced MONO. there must be a way for them to split the large V rom into 2 since they would have the right code to know when to apply the switching from channels. I don't know much of this shit though. I just don't get why the rom release is mono.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Well it doesn't make sense to me as a game from early release like Alpha Mission II clearly had great stereophonic music/sound. Im not understanding why the rom release was forced MONO. there must be a way for them to split the large V rom into 2 since they would have the right code to know when to apply the switching from channels. I don't know much of this shit though. I just don't get why the rom release is mono.
Alpha Mission II isn't playing a recorded track like Xeno Crisis. That soundtrack is fully arranged for the Neo's YM2610.

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
They're supposed to be covering shipping and sending out labels, so I'll have to respond to them and ask for clarification.
Read their Kickstarter updates. They haven't opened shipping for the fixes yet.

TMOSteel

20 Year Member
Read their Kickstarter updates. They haven't opened shipping for the fixes yet.
Yeah, still confusing, that was 12/8, "repairs will be handled locally and we expect to begin distributing shipping labels in the next few days."
Its the "you might want to send your cart to him" that only adds to it.
It's fine, they can clarify when they're ready.

zouzzz

Geese's Thug
xc310.png

xc410.jpg

Link : https://bidouillouzzz.blogspot.com/2021/12/xeno-crisis-login-injector-neosd-version.html / https://mega.nz/file/LE5FSCBK#1nVOkHGJQ0UuGzcYyUfw0rUHB0gqBFXzF84YYiw5Qq4

Ready : Fight !

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Is there a reason why its just for the NEOSD version?

TMOSteel

20 Year Member
It's hacking the rom to change the name of a backer in the game.
Really? I had no idea people would be that interested in that. I'm suprised it was that easy to hack their code. But hey, I guess if its you're own ROM that's up to you.

city41

Gal Ageise's Demon
10 Year Member
Really? I had no idea people would be that interested in that. I'm suprised it was that easy to hack their code. But hey, I guess if its you're own ROM that's up to you.

I don't own the rom so just guessing here. But most likely the names are just stored as ascii. If that is the case, changing them is very easy, you can just do it in a hex editor.

PGorath

New Challenger
@PGorath so you dont have only Sound probs your card is also dead?
Yes, as mentioned multiple times in this thread, my copy will only boot up the first time but every time my 4 slot goes through the slots on its own or you manually go back and select xenocrisis you get the green reset loop screen.

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
Yes, as mentioned multiple times in this thread, my copy will only boot up the first time but every time my 4 slot goes through the slots on its own or you manually go back and select xenocrisis you get the green reset loop screen.
Is your MVS setup somewhere running in attract mode all the time? I ask because it sounds cool. For me, I rarely leave the 4-slot running, so I didn't even think to test this.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I finally got my Xeno Crisis game from my brother in Scotland, excited to put some time into the controls. I played it a lot on the Switch, with the dual stick control method so this is going to be interesting.

I don't have Twitter so I don't know if this has been put out, is there a place to mail the cart to fix the stereo issue in the US yet?

TMOSteel

20 Year Member
I finally got my Xeno Crisis game from my brother in Scotland, excited to put some time into the controls. I played it a lot on the Switch, with the dual stick control method so this is going to be interesting.

I don't have Twitter so I don't know if this has been put out, is there a place to mail the cart to fix the stereo issue in the US yet?
There is if you are willing to ship it yourself instead of waiting for Bitmap, Mobius Strip Technologies https://mobiusstriptechnologies.com/

Last edited:

TMOSteel

20 Year Member
Still no update on when the mailing labels are going out, this is from their Kickstarter update of December 8, 2021. Tried reaching out to Bitmap directly via Twitter messenger but was told they're working on their next release and to reach out to contact@bitmapbureau.com. I get that they need to move forward but it was they who announced in December they'd be sending out the shipping labels "in the next few days."